Windows 10: Sharing W10 recovery images between two identical tablets

Discus and support Sharing W10 recovery images between two identical tablets in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First post *Smile I have two completely identical tablets (Hipstreet W7 originally on 8.1) in front of me, one (mine) on which Windows 10 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ssme, Apr 4, 2016.

1. ssme Win User

Sharing W10 recovery images between two identical tablets

First post *Smile

I have two completely identical tablets (Hipstreet W7 originally on 8.1) in front of me, one (mine) on which Windows 10 was installed via the upgrade route and which is working fine (all drivers etc), the other was a hacked together W10 install that gives lots of errors, missing drivers and blue screens and is basically a mess.

Would it be possible to create a recovery drive from Control Panel on the working tablet and use that to essentially reinstall Windows 10 onto the dodgy one, complete with all drivers etc and so ready to go? Or are recovery images system specific, meaning the image would try to use the working machine's license key etc? I know I could do a fresh reinstall, but I imagine getting a straight copy of a stable, working system would be more efficient, if it's even possible.

I think the licence key is stored in the BIOS, so it should remain intact?

Any help much appreciated!

:)

ssme, Apr 4, 2016

2. cannot open shared folder on android

I am running a win 10 tablet with an external hard drive connected via usb to the tablet.

I have shared two folders on the external drive with everyone

on a separate surface tablet running w10 i can see and access the shared folder

what i really want to do is access the shared folder using an Android

I use ES Explorer on the Android to access a media player also other usb sticks attached to my router

If i scan the network ES Explorer finds the W10 pc correctly with the correct ip address... if i double click it it seems to goto open the folder

but then reverts back to es explorer scan window.... its like something is blocking the access...

I have even disabled the antivirus in case but makes no fifference.... ive switched on media sharing and network sharing

what else can i do???

george

georgeszubinskime, Apr 4, 2016
  3. DiegoTrd Win User
    Creating to completely separate users in Windows 10 Pro

Hi Darleen,

1. Yes I think it would require Administrator priveleges.

2. No, ideally I would not like to share any custom programs(as opposed to the ones that come by default with W10) or files between the two users.

Thanks

Diego

DiegoTrd, Apr 4, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

It would be possible as long as the systems are identical. Yes it would have a different product key but it will eventually ask to reactivate Windows, but it should reactivate automatically.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    If one original install was via an upgrade (digital entitlement) and the other original install was activated with a Windows 10 product key, then the restoration of the image made from the upgrade will not automatically activate on the computer originally installed with the Windows 10 product key. The product key will have to be reentered.

If the second computer ever gained a digital entitlement from an upgrade in the past, then the restoration will automatically activate.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2016
  6. ssme Win User
    Both tablets started off with Windows 8.1, and both have had Windows 10 installed and activated using the licence key stored in the BIOS - as far as I can tell, the difference is just that one was upgraded automatically through Windows updates etc., while the second had a 'manual' upgrade to get to the same point (maybe prior to the full release?).

Am I correct in thinking that a full recovery drive is enough effectively to reinstall W10 (just like a full reinstall), but with all drivers etc already i place? Or is that too much to hope for *Smile

ssme, Apr 4, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    The recovery disc should do that. If not then use Macrium Reflect Free to make an image of the first tablet and restore the image to the second tablet. But, be aware, that will carry over EVERYTHING from the first tablet, including user accounts and user stored data.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2016
  8. Petososa Win User

Hi where u able to do the recovery drive for your tablet and would you share it with me please, thanks

Petososa, Oct 5, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    You can make a system image from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Back up and Restore (Windows 7) - Create a system image.

Tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sharing W10 recovery images between two identical tablets - Similar Threads - Sharing W10 recovery

2. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  3. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  4. sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's

in Windows 10 Customization
    sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's: I have literally spent a full week trying to get my W7 & W10 pc's sharing. I have read thru dozens of online articles, none of which are helpful. I don't want to share individual files & folders... I want to share everything between these two pc's as I transition from W7 to...
  5. Sharing Files Between Two Workstations.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing Files Between Two Workstations.: Hello, I need a solution to share files between two Windows 10 machines. Requirements Ease of use, easy to drag-drop/save files into shared folder Good security and must keep both devices separate No wired connection If anybody has any suggestions, links/resources or...
  6. Desktop wallpaper shared between two devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wallpaper shared between two devices: Hi everyone, this is my first time writing here. I just can't figure out how I switched on the option of sharing the desktop wallpaper between my 2 PCs. I'd like to turn it off but I don't know how, could somebody help me please? Thanks!...
  7. Sharing information between two laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing information between two laptops: Hello, There are two laptops in different rooms. Can I share information between them? If so, how? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-information-between-two-laptops/e0607e52-68af-4786-8fbf-e9a712d40e43
  8. I can't share files between two identical windows 10 setups on a local network

I can't share files between two identical windows 10 setups on a local network: I have two computers in my house on a local network, both of them are running fresh installs of Windows 10 version 1903. Both of them have password protected sharing turned OFF, both of them have network discovery turned ON, both of them have file and printer sharing turned...
  9. Share Data Between the two Computers

Share Data Between the two Computers: I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between the two computers \ I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between them. Some times I can see both computers and sometimes I cant. [Original Title: Roy]...
  10. swap HDD between two identical machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    swap HDD between two identical machines: Are there any concerns swapping two SSD's running Win10 between two identical HP 840 laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swap-hdd-between-two-identical-machines/6148ce6e-409c-4261-b9c3-e8ed694638de