Windows 10: Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V

Discus and support Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I'm running Windows XP on Windows 10 with Hyper-V. How do I share files between XP and the c drive on my physical computer? This was so easy with VPC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by PhilB, Nov 13, 2015.

1. PhilB Win User

Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V

I'm running Windows XP on Windows 10 with Hyper-V. How do I share files between XP and the c drive on my physical computer? This was so easy with VPC 2007.

:)

PhilB, Nov 13, 2015
  2. PhilB_VA Win User

Hyper-V, Windows 10 and Transfers

I upgraded my Windows 10 Home recently to Windows 10 Pro to use Hyper-V for legacy software. I set up Hyper-V without too much difficulty, installed Windows XP as the operating system, and everything operated fine. Then I discovered Hyper-V seems to be
    user-hostile when it comes to transferring files from the host PC to the VM. Most of the help I found on the internet was highly technical and/or written several years ago when Hyper-V rolled out on Windows 8 or 8.1.

Microsoft's VPC 2007 was a wonderful, intuitive piece of software. I miss it. Do you have step-by-step instructions in simple English for configuring Hyper-V to share documents with the host PC, and vice versa? Do you have any insight whether a simplified
    fix is coming in the near future?

PhilB_VA, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Teylord Win User
    Run Windows XP mode in virtual machine

Original title: Hyper-V / XP Mode Virtual

To whom it may concern;

I have Hyper-V up and running in Windows 10. I created a virtual machine easily enough.

I want to run Windows XP Mode in this virtual machine in order to run an old software.

I have downloaded Windows XP Mode.exe from Microsoft site.

I created an ISO file from this Windows XP Mode.exe file and used this in the setup manager of Hyper-V.

When I click on "Connect" I get the following message:

Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V [​IMG]

Do I need to burn this file to a CD and use as a boot?

Teylord, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Years ago before SMB Networks and Home Networks became popular we had the sneakernet, copy files onto a floppy disk [small at 1.44MB max] then take the disk to another computer. One should be able to do the same but with USB Thumb/Flash drives, copy from one OS then put on the other OS. I prefer the NAS drive attached to my Router.

Berton, Nov 13, 2015
  5. Hyper-V is designed for enterprise networks where security is very important. Drag and drop cannot be done securely so it is not supported. I use Google Drive. The requirement for XP is that the disk be NTFS. With Google Drive on host and guest it is straightforward to transfer files. DropBox also works. And of course, flash drives. OneDrive is not supported in XP.

Cbarnhorst, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sharing XP Files from Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Sharing Files Hyper

2. File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.: I'm trying to automatically update a shared folder on a HyperV machine when a folder from the local maching gets update. I've tried using Task Scheduler with Robocopy command and Powershell commands without luck. It seems like there's a security issue between the two...
  3. File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.: I'm trying to automatically update a shared folder on a HyperV machine when a folder from the local maching gets update. I've tried using Task Scheduler with Robocopy command and Powershell commands without luck. It seems like there's a security issue between the two...
  4. File sharing between Hyper V and local computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Very slow file transfer from hyper-v to host drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Very slow file transfer from hyper-v to host drive: I have my hard drives connected using enhanced mode options to a hyper-v vm (10 pro). I have always had issues with slow file transfer, and was pointed down route of setting up folders as network shares, and I got much faster file transfer times. However, I am trying to...
  6. No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest

No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest: I have an old DOS program that runs fine in a console window under native Windows XP. I've setup a shortcut on the XP machines and selected full screen. When the application runs it opens full screen. On a Windows 10 with a Hyper-V instance of Windows XP the application is...
  7. Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?

Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?: Hi, I just created a virtual machine with Windows XP. Now I'd like to get the sound working in the virtual machine. But I can't see how. Can anyone help, please? 30409
  8. Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V

Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V: Hello Everyone! Thank you a head of time for you time and efforts! THE QUESTION: How do I fix my display drivers in XP in my win10 Hyper-v virtual machine? WHAT HAPPENED: Installed XP in Hyper-V (Win10). For some reason now the display drivers are not installing....
  9. Connecting a HP usb printer to hyper-v xp client

Connecting a HP usb printer to hyper-v xp client: Hi guys, I am trying to connect a printer... and for the life of me can not get this to work, new to vm's and trying to get old tech to get along and play nice with some new tech at work. I have a win 10 pro running a hyper-v client of win XP SP3 and trying to connect a usb...
  10. Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.

Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.: I have them both set up, but I don't seem to have any options to enable any sound in the hardware section of Hyper-V. Is it not possible to use these operating systems with sound? I used to use Windows Virtual PC 2007 and sound worked perfectly on those, both on 98 and XP....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v xp copy files

2. moving files between xp hyper-v and win10

3. share files in hyper v win xp

4. share files hyper v windows xp,
  5. how to make permissions to host pc to share hyper-v winxp folder in win10,
  6. win10 can access hyper-v winxp vm folder but not the reverse,
  7. windows xp professional hyper-v share folders,
  8. share files between hyper-v host and guest windows xp,
  9. cannot connect host folder inside hyper-v winxp machine in win10,
  10. hyper-v windows xp share folder,