Windows 10: Sharpen An Image ?

Discus and support Sharpen An Image ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have downloaded an image to my computer, a ground plan of a large country estate, showing the culverts, drains, water pipes etc. etc. ....is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Del 80, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Del 80 Win User

Sharpen An Image ?

I have downloaded an image to my computer, a ground plan of a large country estate, showing the culverts, drains, water pipes etc. etc. ....is there a programme I can use to sharpen the image, as the reference is very hard to read.....W10 built in magnifier only makes the reference more blurry.....I would post a screenshot of the image, but not too sure on the copyright.......if the original image is that bad, will anything enhance it ?.....any thoughts appreciated........Del.

:)

Del 80, Jun 20, 2017

2. x20 series is dead like RT?!

In RT I just drop the file in, activate the noise reduction and sharpening and pull the sliders according to taste. You have to use 1:1 magnification in order to see the results. I then balance the sharpening with the noise until I like the results.I might
    then play with the Micro Contrast or Local Contrast, use Film Simulation or a Tone Curve to give final style to the image.

davidrogger121, Jun 20, 2017
  3. Lumia 920 images are not sharp

So is nokia aware of the problem? I have N8 and lumia 920 and N8 produce much sharper images. 920 does not take sharp images at all. Is there any app to sharpen images, while we waiting for some fix from Nokia, if there is going to be some fix?

barareklam, Jun 20, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Sharpen An Image ?

Try opening it in Windows' built-in Photos app. Click the 'Edit' icon (or type Ctrl-E) then click 'Enhance' and see if that improves it. For manual control, click 'Adjust' instead, the 'Clarity' slider adjust the sharpness.

There's a limit to what can be done depending on how bad the original is (even with top of the range paid-for software). Some improvement should be possible though.

5. Fafhrd Win User
    What format is the image file - .png, .jpeg etc?

Is it possible to download a different format such as .pdf or .djvu - which will enlarge with much greater sharpness?

Fafhrd, Jun 20, 2017
  6. Del 80 Win User
    I can open it in Windows Photo Viewer, and the slider does make it slightly clearer, but not enough to be able to read the reference.......it is something called a .bro file, which I have never heard of.........

Del 80, Jun 20, 2017
  7. A Desktop wallpaper will be better if it is in a .PNG format.

Josey Wales, Jun 20, 2017
  8. Fafhrd Win User

Sharpen An Image ?

.bro is apparently a proprietary format from Broderbund Properties LLC - a software house with a lot of titles going back many years, but I have no Idea regarding the properties of the image file, or how it may be improved.

Fafhrd, Jun 20, 2017
  9. Del 80 Win User
    O.k thanks.....so if possible need to convert the file BRO to PNG ?.....will have a look.

Del 80, Jun 20, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    No, conversion won't improve it. An original .png image may loose something if converted to a .jpeg (or .bro) with a high compression, but converting back can't restore that.

If this image is publically available to view on the web, then posting a link to the page it's on wouldn't breach any copyright. We could then see what your problem is.

BTW, there's another possible explanation of what a .bro image is....
    https://forums.theregister.co.uk/for...itics_worries/

11. Del 80 Win User
    O.k , thanks for that....I have converted it to PNG, and it is slightly better, bearing in mind that the original plan, of which my image is a photograph, was drawn in 1935, it is hardly surprising that it's not very clear.......with regard to the .bro file ,
    I acquired it as a Google image, so that could explain that......thanks guys......

Del 80, Jun 20, 2017
  12. bobkn Win User
    Sorry to be discouraging, but I'm not sure that image sharpening can do much, unless you're in a Hollywood spy movie.

It depends on what sort of blurring is present. If it's due to sampling (pixelization), it's probably impractical to recover much information.

bobkn, Jun 20, 2017
  13. Del 80 Win User

Sharpen An Image ?

Converting the file to PNG has made it slightly better, but the writing is still nearly impossible to read.....it is very old, and very small print, I don't think converting it to JPEG would make any difference either......thanks for the replies........Del.

Del 80, Jun 20, 2017
  14. essenbe Win User
    Can you look at the picture online? How does it look online? If it looks fairly good, you could use a screen capture program to capture the image rather than downloading it. I'm not very much of a graphics person, so maybe I don't understand, but offered a suggestion because I have had a few times I was in that situation.

essenbe, Jun 20, 2017
  15. Del 80 Win User
    Yes, I can view it online, the problem arises when I try to enlarge the image, to be able to read the text.....the actual photo of the drawing is quite clear, but the text is very small, as soon as I try to enlarge it, it distorts.

Del 80, Jun 20, 2017
Thema:

Sharpen An Image ?

1. Sharpen An Image ? - Similar Threads - Sharpen Image

2. WINDOWS 11photo editing program missing sharpen, clarify, spot fix which was a great...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11photo editing program missing sharpen, clarify, spot fix which was a great...: Window 11 photo editing program seems to no longer have sharpen, clarify and spot fix. These tools, esp. the sharpen tool was very helpful in creating sharp photos, why is it gone, and will it be restored, or do i have to find another editing program to download to my...
  3. WINDOWS 11photo editing program missing sharpen, clarify, spot fix which was a great...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 11photo editing program missing sharpen, clarify, spot fix which was a great...: Window 11 photo editing program seems to no longer have sharpen, clarify and spot fix. These tools, esp. the sharpen tool was very helpful in creating sharp photos, why is it gone, and will it be restored, or do i have to find another editing program to download to my...
  4. I clicked 'sharpen' on my windows display or appearance and now I can't find it to change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I clicked 'sharpen' on my windows display or appearance and now I can't find it to change...: Basically I got a new laptop with Windows 11 and was editing the display option to attached to my new monitor. However whilst dealing with that I clicked something that have the option to 'sharpen' and now for the life of me I can't find that tab anymore to remove the sharpen...
  5. I clicked 'sharpen' on my windows display or appearance and now I can't find it to change...

I clicked 'sharpen' on my windows display or appearance and now I can't find it to change...: Basically I got a new laptop with Windows 11 and was editing the display option to attached to my new monitor. However whilst dealing with that I clicked something that have the option to 'sharpen' and now for the life of me I can't find that tab anymore to remove the sharpen...
  6. Sharpening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharpening: When I leave my laptop alone for a bit, the current app starts sharpening and becoming ugly:Ive tried updating my graphics drivers, checking my system for viruses, and rebooting multiple times but nothings helped....
  7. Sharpening

Sharpening: When I leave my laptop alone for a bit, the current app starts sharpening and becoming ugly:Ive tried updating my graphics drivers, checking my system for viruses, and rebooting multiple times but nothings helped....
  8. Sharpening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Having some kind of blue contrasted highly sharpened on windows 10, if someone could help...

Having some kind of blue contrasted highly sharpened on windows 10, if someone could help...: Suddlenly this happened and i have no idea what it is. I searched all over youtube but didn't found any related video to this issue. If anyone could help that would be appreciated. Please help to solve this asap....
  10. Having some kind of blue contrasted highly sharpened on windows 10, if someone could help...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having some kind of blue contrasted highly sharpened on windows 10, if someone could help...: Suddlenly this happened and i have no idea what it is. I searched all over youtube but didn't found any related video to this issue. If anyone could help that would be appreciated. Please help to solve this asap....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc how to sharpen a picture paint 3d