Windows 10: Shell Extension "RealTimes" Context Menu - Can't remove

Discus and support Shell Extension "RealTimes" Context Menu - Can't remove in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The saga of restoring my Windows 10 machine back to its recent glory continues... As my machine is now getting its mojo back with the help of some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by riqrat, Jul 14, 2017.

1. riqrat Win User

Shell Extension "RealTimes" Context Menu - Can't remove

The saga of restoring my Windows 10 machine back to its recent glory continues...

As my machine is now getting its mojo back with the help of some folks from this forum (thanks guys!), there are still some stray ghosts roaming around it.

For example, I continue to see an issue with a major delay in submenu access. Right-click an icon to bring up the submenu, go get a sandwich as it should pull up by the time you get back.

So I installed ShellExView and started to disable my Context Menu types (all at once), then methodically re-enabled them in-between explorer restarts.

Disabling them all made my submenus pop up in super lightening speed.

There is one shell extension that does not belong. The path/filename no longer exists. It came from Realplayer (ah, I hate those guys!), and the Extension Name is RealTimes.

I have it disabled, but I cannot remove it.

When I try to use ShellExView to remove it, the options are grayed out.

ShellExView will allow me to go straight to the CLSID in the registry, but cannot delete the CLSID.

Ideas?

:)

riqrat, Jul 14, 2017
  2. arc86 Win User

Windows Explorer Crashes When Opening Specific Folder

I used Nirsoft ShellExView to modify Shell Extensions. I tested "NvAppShExt Class" and "NVIDIA CPL Context Menu Extension." Neither really seemed to have an effect.

arc86, Jul 14, 2017
  3. Problems with Windows 10 Pro

This is the list of the third part right click extensions obtained running shexview:

Extension Name
    Disabled
    Type
    Description
    Version
    Product Name
    Company

AcContextMenuHandler
    No
    Context Menu
    AutoCAD Dwg common shell extension handler
    AutoCAD
    Autodesk

BUContextMenu Class
    No
    Context Menu
    Backup Shell
    Backup
    Symantec Corporation

IEContextMenu Class
    No
    Context Menu
    Norton Security Shell Extension Module
    Norton Security
    Symantec Corporation

NvAppShExt Class
    No
    Context Menu
    NVIDIA Shell Extensions
    NVIDIA Shell Extensions
    NVIDIA Corporation

NVIDIA CPL Context Menu Extension
    No
    Context Menu
    NVIDIA Display Shell Extension
    NVIDIA Shell Extensions
    NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGLShExt Class
    No
    Context Menu
    NVIDIA Shell Extensions
    NVIDIA Shell Extensions
    NVIDIA Corporation

TheDeskTopContextMenu Class
    No
    Context Menu
    igfxDTCM Module
    Intel(R) Common User Interface
    Intel Corporation

GianfrancoDian MS, Jul 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

You might need to look at the registry permissions for the relevant key, or perhaps run Shellexview as admin.

Seems to be related to RealPlayer, so try using e.g. Ultrasearch, let it index (quite quick) and check for anything left of Realplayer.

Try Geek uninstaller or Revo and check for RealPlayer and uninstall.

dalchina, Jul 14, 2017
  5. riqrat Win User
    Realplayer used to be on my machine but was uninstalled (using Revo) some weeks ago. Apparently it didn't get all of it out.

So with it already uninstalled, there isn't a Realplayer to select and uninstall.

ShellExView starts up in Admin mode without any prompting on my part.

Thx.

riqrat, Jul 14, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    look at the registry permissions for the relevant key

dalchina, Jul 14, 2017
  7. riqrat Win User
    The permissions were read only for everyone including admin.

So I tried to add "Full Control". It wouldn't allow.

So I added my username and changed owner from TrustedInstaller to my username.

Then gave my username full control.

Still could not delete.

Shell Extension "RealTimes" Context Menu - Can't remove [​IMG]

Then I did the same for Administrator and made sure it also owned all subs by clicking box.

Still could not delete.

It's a permissions thing clearly, but I'm puzzled as to why I cannot delete with having Full Control.

riqrat, Jul 14, 2017
  8. riqrat Win User

For this particular Class ID that I'm trying to delete from the registry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4a714c8e-e664-4024-9c74-1a82a3da842a}

This states to be "Authentication UI Background" and from what I can find on the interweb has something to do with login?

The InProcServer32 shows the DLL to be:

%SystemRoot%\system32\authui.dll

Yet, this is the CLSID I'm sent to by ShellExView when I right-click the offending Context Menu item "RealTimes" (which is Realplayer and rpcontextmenu.dll already deleted) and select "Open CLSID in Regedit".

riqrat, Jul 14, 2017
  9. riqrat Win User
    What I could not do manually I was able to do cleaning the registry using CCleaner.

I'm not very trusting of registry cleaners and quite frankly I never use them.

But this was really bugging me.

So after I backed up the registry AND created a new restore point, I bit the bullet and ran the cleaner.

Naturally it found a few bad entries but too many for me to do a check on each so I told it to clean away!

Once done, I ran ShellExView and the offending Context Menu entry was gone.

Yay.

Thanks DalChina for trying to help.

riqrat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Shell Extension "RealTimes" Context Menu - Can't remove - Similar Threads - Shell Extension RealTimes

2. Is there a way to manually rearrange the "new" shell context menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to manually rearrange the "new" shell context menu?: So basically, I installed office again, and I have notepad++ attached to .txt files, so it shows in the context menu. Is there any way to move the Notepad++ Document/.txt shell key upwards or downwards, so it doesn't split the MS Office applications? Yes this triggers me and...
  3. How to remove these specific options in the Windows 10 context menu/shell?

How to remove these specific options in the Windows 10 context menu/shell?: Which registry keys do I need to change and how to remove the following Windows 10 context menu/shell options? - Add to a shared album - Send to - Restore previous versions Kaspersky specific: - Check reputation in KNS WITHOUT removing Kaspersky's: - Scan for viruses...
  4. OneDrive context menu options Windows Shell

OneDrive context menu options Windows Shell: Hello. I want to eliminate specific OneDrive options that appear in the Context Menu when I right-click on the File Explorer. I don't want to eliminate all the OneDrive options: just specific ones, like "Free up space" and "Storage at 85%: Get more". Is it possible? Thank you...
  5. Show files extension toogle in context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Show files extension toogle in context menu: I wish I've had the option for toggle hide/show files extension by simply push left SHIFT for extended menu anywhere on empty space in a folder or desktop, and choosing it from there, rather than doing it by folder options or the explorer drop down menu with all extra...
  6. How to remove context menu items from shell?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove context menu items from shell?: I want to remove the following three items only (marked with red x). [img] 115171
  7. Remove from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356
  8. Shell context menu registry extension doesn't work in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shell context menu registry extension doesn't work in Windows 10?: I'm trying to add "Tail" to the shell context menu for .txt files, but whatever I do the option just does not appear. It worked fine in Windows 7. Has this feature been disabled in Windows 10? My .reg file looks like: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  9. Add or Remove Open Linux shell here context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open Linux shell here context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Open Linux shell here context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Open Linux shell here" context menu in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools...
  10. Inconsistent Shell Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Inconsistent Shell Context Menu: I noticed something peculiar this morning. The Explorer right-click context menu is inconsistent on what it displays. For example, when I right-clicked on one folder, it displays the "Add to Windows Media Player List" and "Play with Windows Media Player" options. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove real player rpcontextmenu.dll