Windows 10: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\windows

Discus and support [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Each time I start up my Windows 10 laptop I get a small page headed "Desktop-Notebook" followed by a display that reads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rodders, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Rodders Win User

[.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\windows

Each time I start up my Windows 10 laptop I get a small page headed "Desktop-Notebook" followed by a display that reads "[.ShellClassInfo]LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll,-21826"
    Have Googled this sentence and tried one suggestion which talks about an Hidden attribute for desktop.ini having been removed. Tried the resolve suggested but no joy. Has anyone got a answer?

:)

Rodders, Mar 7, 2016

2. [.ShellClassInfo] files on desktop

Is it safe to remove files that appeared on my Desktop after I upgraded to Windows 10:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21799

and

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769

IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

LamontShannon, Mar 7, 2016
  3. Quick Access Icon Issue

This is what I have in the .ini file already:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769

IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

You have other suggestions?

EliteTusken, Mar 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, just some general ideas.. it does look desktop.ini related potentially. Presumably it's a Notepad window somewhat like the one below.

1. At what point do you see this?
    2. Does it happen if you do a clean boot?
    3. Can you identify the folder this originates from?

See
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/330132
    (Ok, old, but should still be relevant/useful guide)

To identify the folder, try installing Locate32 (free) and letting it index your disk - or just C: - <3 or 4 mins perhaps.
    Then set it to search C:, for desktop.ini, and specify the string you wish to search for within desktop.ini.
    Start with
    @%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll,-21826

Example:
    I used
    @%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll

[.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\windows [​IMG]

Rt click one of the desktop.ini, edit, gives

[.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\windows [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 8, 2016
  5. Rodders Win User
    Thank you for post,dalchinaI've tried following your instructions but I'm not that computer savy. Will try again this weekend-sorry I haven't replied before.

Rodders, Mar 17, 2016
  6. Rodders Win User
    Tried a few times to cure my prob with out success but the problem has now cleared.Whether it was due to latest Windows 10 update or not I don't know but it seems to have righted itself. Thanks for your help-I apprechiate you spending the time trying to help.

Rodders, Apr 15, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Great- sometimes turns out like that.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\windows - Similar Threads - ShellClassInfo LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%system32windows

2. False value for %SYSTEMROOT%\TMP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False value for %SYSTEMROOT%\TMP: When I check the value of the user's temporary folder , all is working good:C:\Users\baton>echo %TMP% C:\Users\baton\AppData\Local\Temp C:\Users\baton>echo %TEMP% C:\Users\baton\AppData\Local\TempBut when I check the system folder, I get false answer:C:\Users\baton>echo...
  3. False value for %SYSTEMROOT%\TMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    False value for %SYSTEMROOT%\TMP: When I check the value of the user's temporary folder , all is working good:C:\Users\baton>echo %TMP% C:\Users\baton\AppData\Local\Temp C:\Users\baton>echo %TEMP% C:\Users\baton\AppData\Local\TempBut when I check the system folder, I get false answer:C:\Users\baton>echo...
  4. An error with "\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys" with Riot Vanguard

An error with "\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys" with Riot Vanguard: This is a valorant related issue, I do not have bitlocker and cant find a way to fix the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-error-with-systemrootsystem32driversfvevolsys/18db23d1-4ada-4354-abb0-9ac64666fcd1
  5. A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 has appeared as a file, I am not sure how this got on my desktop display, is it malware?...
  6. A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 has appeared as a file, I am not sure how this got on my desktop display, is it malware?...
  7. A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop

8. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell 32.dll,-21787

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell 32.dll,-21787: Appears at Log in Will it affect my machine if I delete it? What does it do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shellclassinfo/efb80616-cde8-45d6-baaf-3bb4d3b3d0f2
  9. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell 32.dll,-21769...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell 32.dll,-21769...: I have a file called Desktop which has this displayed in it: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 Since this last update, my computer has been slow and very glitchy. I am...
  10. An unfamiliar desktop icon appearance ShellClassInfo

An unfamiliar desktop icon appearance ShellClassInfo: An icon has appeared on my desktop with the following: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183. Can some explain why this has happened and how to safely removed the desktop icon....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. [.shellclassinfo]localizedresourcename=@%systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll 21787

2. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll 21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imager

3. what is %systemroot% system32

4. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll 21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll 183,
  5. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll 21799,
  6. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll 21815,
  7. LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll 21826,
  8. LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll 21769,
  9. [.ShellClassInfo]LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll 21770IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll 112IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dllIconIndex=-235,
  10. .ShellClassInfo server,
  11. @%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll 21826,
  12. [.shellclassinfo]localizedresourcename=@%systemroot%\system32\windows.storage.dll 34583 is,
  13. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll 21826 [ViewState] Mode= Vid= FolderT,
  14. LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll 21825 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll 198,
  15. micrososft edge 615. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll 21787