Windows 10: Shift+Delete corrupt sub-folders

Discus and support Shift+Delete corrupt sub-folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, when i delete a folder with x amount of files in it, the files get deleted but the folders stay. when i click on them i get error: location is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by syrioust, Jun 25, 2017.

1. syrioust Win User

Shift+Delete corrupt sub-folders

Hello, when i delete a folder with x amount of files in it, the files get deleted but the folders stay. when i click on them i get error: location is not available "Path" Access is denied
    and they cant be deleted. any help is appreciated!

:)

syrioust, Jun 25, 2017

2. Delete the system files from windows.old in windows 10

I followed the steps to delete the windows. old folder from disk cleanup after upgrading to windows 10, but I found certain files in windows sub-folder by the extensions of .sys and .dll which I couldn't delete. On directly using shift+delete it is showing
    that "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in the system."

Please help.

Tanmay Chatterjee, Jun 25, 2017
  3. Windows Update KB3163018 killed the Start Button yesterday - 'sfc /scannow' fixed it !

I have had a similar experience again, while setting-up another PC.

I suspect the problem is me deleting something by accident - hidden files in my user folder.

I was moving my user sub-folders from C: to D: using 'Folder > Properties > Location > Move'.

Sometimes the original folder stays on C: so you delete it.

Unfortunately Windows Explorer is not entirely clear about what is selected : the folder in the left pane or the sub-folder in the right pane.

If you mouse-over a sub-folder it is highlighted blue and a checkbox appears to the left.

It looks as though it is selected, so I hit [Shift]+[Del].

This deleted \user\ericd\ not \user\ericd\music\ !

If you click on the sub-folder the check-box gets checked and a thin dark outline appears around the blue highlighting.

It's much too subtle!

With a pen-based interface, the cursor can disappear so you can't see you are just pointing at a sub-folder: not selecting it.

I guess I need a high-contrast theme!

LOL

OnlyMeOnlyMe, Jun 25, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Could be that you don't have permission to delete folder - try to take ownership,
    - or folder is in use by another process - use Process explorer (from Sysinternals) to determine what is using it or use Nirsoft's OpenedFilesView to see what is locking folder or file

AndreTen, Jun 26, 2017
  5. syrioust Win User
    i dont think so, 90% of the files i delete are ok. i only have problems with some folders.i will try and search if it is in use

syrioust, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Shift+Delete corrupt sub-folders - Similar Threads - Shift+Delete corrupt sub

2. Cant delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete corrupted folder: Hello, I've been trying to delete a folder in my laptop that has been corruped. I tried the normal ways to delete it, even some CMD options, none worked. Its in a separate SSDNvme if thats important used only to store games, it doesnt have any OS inside it....
  3. Cant delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant delete corrupted folder: Hello, I've been trying to delete a folder in my laptop that has been corruped. I tried the normal ways to delete it, even some CMD options, none worked. Its in a separate SSDNvme if thats important used only to store games, it doesnt have any OS inside it....
  4. Cannot delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete corrupted folder: I tried to play VALORANT but it told me a file was missing. When I went to the Riot Games folder and tried to open it, it told me "D:\Riot Games is unaccusable. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." When I try to delete it, nothing happens. I can move it around...
  5. Cannot delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete corrupted folder: I tried to play VALORANT but it told me a file was missing. When I went to the Riot Games folder and tried to open it, it told me "D:\Riot Games is unaccusable. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." When I try to delete it, nothing happens. I can move it around...
  6. Cannot delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Delete corrupt folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete corrupt folders: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  8. DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DriverStore - Folder and sub-folders deleted: I'm working on a machine, Dell Vostro 230 running V1803. All attempts to update to a more current version fail with error relating to bad path. I also noticed I cannot update any driver even if I download drivers direct from Dell. So I investigated and the DriverStore...
  9. Recovery of "Shift+Delete"d folder

Recovery of "Shift+Delete"d folder: Sir, I was accidentally deleted my folder from my E drive using "Shift+delete" option. I am using windows 10. Please show me the way to recover my folder? Thanks for your help....
  10. Recovery of "Shift+Delete"d folder

Recovery of "Shift+Delete"d folder: Sir, I was accidentally deleted my folder from my E drive using "Shift+delete" option. I am using windows 10. Please show me the way to recover my folder? Thanks for your help....