Windows 10: Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard

Discus and support Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard. Pound sign lost, Shift and @ or " produces the opposite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tim Draper, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard

Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard. Pound sign lost, Shift and @ or " produces the opposite

:)

Tim Draper, Jul 26, 2018
  2. waytoo Win User

Nokia Asha 302 keyboard jumbled for Shift Key characters

The final step in setting my my new phone as the write fake texts. That's when I found out that using the Shift Key for characters other than the centre keys (numbers and *# came out ok) resulted in a mess. The right hand keys produce french vowels (with
    accents) when I press them (e.g. looking for a + = - ') and the left hand keys show the wrong character or there's a character where there shouldn't be.

Even though the phone was new, I reset it again - it didn't help.

It's like the wrong keys are assigned to the Shift Key characters (other than the centre).

Any way to correct this at my end? Is this a common problem and can I expect it if I exchange the phone for another one?

Thank you.

waytoo, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Keyboard character key mapping

In summary, what I need to do is to map:

• key e0-34 to the "$" character (Shift-4)
    • and key e0-33 to the "€" character (Alt-0128)
    Voila.

Please help.

Thanks.

YvesTrottier, Jul 26, 2018
  4. LTUGamer Win User

Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard

1. Shift key produces wrong character and same with new keyboard - Similar Threads - Shift key produces

2. My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...: My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6 results in double characters R% and U&. How can I resolve this?...
  3. My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...: My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6 results in double characters R% and U&. How can I resolve this?...
  4. My keyboard has suddenly started producing odd characters. Particularly Shift+5 and Shift+6...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Wrong shift keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong shift keys: Hello,my keyboard keeps on giving me wrong shift keys.I have tried to set the language to EnglishUK and English US but hasn't worked.It has a " on top of 2 and @ on the bottom right side of 2.It has # on top of 3,and £ on bottom right side of 3.Please help...
  6. Wrong shift keys

Wrong shift keys: Hello,my keyboard keeps on giving me wrong shift keys.I have tried to set the language to EnglishUK and English US but hasn't worked.It has a " on top of 2 and @ on the bottom right side of 2.It has # on top of 3,and £ on bottom right side of 3.Please help...
  7. wrong characters in keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong characters in keys: I just bought my HP 840 G1 and noticed that all characters requiring use of SHIFT key were in the wrong keys what could be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-characters-in-keys/7c834f71-6758-45ce-bba1-3b395acdf67f
  8. wrong characters in keys

wrong characters in keys: I just bought my HP 840 G1 and noticed that all characters requiring use of SHIFT key were in the wrong keys what could be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-characters-in-keys/7c834f71-6758-45ce-bba1-3b395acdf67f
  9. Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shifted key with scan code 28 does not produce the desired character.: I switched from a US to UK keyboard. One of the main difference between the is that the key with scan code 28 VK_OEM_3 changes it's shift character from double-quote U+0022 to at-sign U+0040. However, then I switched keyboard layouts, the key didn't work when connected via...
  10. Wrong characters with keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong characters with keyboard: Hi My keyboard now displays @ when I press shift/double quotes and the opposite when I press shift/at sign. Where do I go to check what keyboard options have been set up during the upgrade. Thanks Daniel 10427

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard shift keys are wrong

2. keyboard shift key wrong character

3. shift key produces wrong character