Windows 10: Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu

Discus and support Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have Sysinternals Autoruns installed. I created a shortcut to the executable, moved the shortcut to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by y0himba, Jun 26, 2016.

1. y0himba Win User

Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu

Hello.

I have Sysinternals Autoruns installed. I created a shortcut to the executable, moved the shortcut to "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sysinternals Software", but it simply will not show in my start menu, even after a reboot (several in fact).

How do I get custom shortcuts to appear in my start menu?

Thanks for any constructive replies and help!

:)

y0himba, Jun 26, 2016

2. Drag-and-Drop to Start button: "Pin to Start menu" prompt appears, but nothing gets pinned to the menu

When I drag various shortcuts from my desktop to Start button, a floating prompt appears over the Start button. It says: "Pin to Start menu". However, dropping shortcuts over Start button does not pin anything to Start menu. Nothing at all happens, actually.

So, what is the meaning of that "Pin to Start menu" prompt? Any why doesn't it really pin anything?

Andrey_T04, Jun 26, 2016
  3. cShane Win User
    Can't view folder

I was able to get the shortcut moved from the Start Menu to this folder:

%appData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

Strangely, the Startup folder doesn't appear in in the Start Menu. Although I can navigate directly to it in File Explorer.

Thanks for all the help.

Shane.

cShane, Jun 26, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Just right click on the executable "Autoruns.exe" -> Pin to Start

topgundcp, Jun 26, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    Try using the location: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sysinternals Software

philc43, Jun 26, 2016
  6. y0himba Win User
    Thanks for the replies. I don't want to pin it to the start menu. I want a shortcut under that specific folder.
    @philc43: I tried that location, still no shortcut. Is there anything I can do screenshot or info I can give that would help?

Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu [​IMG]

Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu [​IMG]

y0himba, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu - Similar Threads - Shortcut Doesn't Appear

2. Start Menu Settings shortcut and files shortcut above the power options not appearing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Settings shortcut and files shortcut above the power options not appearing.: After I restarted my computer I noticed that the Windows Settings shortcut and Files shortcut weren't there. I recently uninstalled the Visual C++ thing but idk if that is what caused it....
  3. Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search: When I start for Windows settings, such as personalisation, nothing appears. Additionally, shortcuts located in these two locations %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs will not appear in my search. What I...
  4. Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search

in Cortana
    Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search: When I start for Windows settings, such as personalisation, nothing appears. Additionally, shortcuts located in these two locations %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs will not appear in my search. What I...
  5. Not appearing start menu

in Cortana
    Not appearing start menu: Yesterday, i updated my windows 10 version 2004. when finished update and restart my laptop. After restart when i click start option i can't see program list because when i click start menu logo auto appear search option above start menu ! Even i am not seen shutdown option,...
  6. start menu not appearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu not appearing: so my problem is that windows start menu is completely invisible, it still functions i can open apps by typing the name of the application and it will run. i have tried: DISM scan which said to not reveal any corruptions , i have tried a similar scan in power-shell which...
  7. Start menu not appearing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu not appearing.: I changed out of Window S mode so that MS Office will work, but now Start menu will not appear when Start button is pushed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-appearing/9d72de98-ce1c-47da-af72-f50a54470740
  8. All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu: Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332. I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (last driver) and 128GB SSD card. In the last build (14328), after a good install and a normal work short period, the All...
  9. Start menu shortcuts doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu shortcuts doesn't work: After installing Creators Update, programs shortcuts already uninstalled continues to show on start menu. For example, I uninstalled Forza Motorsport 6, and if I type "Forza..." in the start menu, the shortcut appears and if I click nothing happens, either with the left...
  10. Start Menu doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu doesn't appear: Help! I'm working on my friend's Win 10 laptop, I just moved it from a mechanical hard disk to an SSD, but now the start menu doesn't appear when I left click on the Win logo (Though right clicking on it does the normal right click stuff) I tried doing an SFC /Scannow -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu doesnt appear after adding shortcut

2. shortcut doesnt appear in start menu