Windows 10: Shortcut for "My computer"

Discus and support Shortcut for "My computer" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, for Explorer I found "WIN+E". But for "My Computer" (the one that shows C: D: etc.), what is the shortcut? Thanks! 84353 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pipppero2007, May 13, 2017.

1. Shortcut for "My computer"

Hi,

for Explorer I found "WIN+E".

But for "My Computer" (the one that shows C: D: etc.), what is the shortcut?

Thanks!

:)

Pipppero2007, May 13, 2017
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, May 13, 2017
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

4. swarfega Win User

Shortcut for "My computer"

I don't think there is one as my computer icon was dropped at some point in the past. You can use this guide to bring the icon back.

swarfega, May 13, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, May 13, 2017
  6. Barman58 Win User
    There may be something here for a My Computer Icon

Computers.zip

Barman58, May 13, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
  8. Shortcut for "My computer"

Ops, I already use WIN+E for Quick access folders and I work with it. I don't want to change like in the first answer.

The other answers are about to create an icon for My computer but I already have it (on W10 Pro).

So I will keep to use it without an hotkey because I don't want to use 3rd party software. :-(

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm not sure what you're after then.

If you like, you could assign a keyboard shortcut to the "This PC" shortcut I posted above, and "Pin to taskbar".

Brink, May 13, 2017
  10. Oh, yes, you solve my problem now I see!

thank you all!!!

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, May 13, 2017
  12. Sorry If I back, I obtain everything (My PC, and the chance to make an hotkey), but I cannot make an hotkey that I want.

I want SHIFT+WIN+another letter to open my new My PC icon but I cannot select "WIN" hotkey at all.

Why this happen? It is "WIN" blocked by the OS?

Pipppero2007, May 14, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm afraid that a shortcut can only be assigned a shortcut key starting with "Ctrl + Alt + <your key>". *Sad

Brink, May 14, 2017
  14. Ok, I see *Sad

Or I should run 3rd part software that I don't want.

PS: Please Brink, give a look to my other recent post, you always solve everything. *Zip

Pipppero2007, May 14, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    There is 3rd party software that could possibly do this, but I'm not familiar with any to be able to recommend one.

Brink, May 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Shortcut for "My computer" - Similar Threads - Shortcut computer

2. How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?: I've had a desktop with windows 10 for a couple years now and I have a lot of files on it saved to my OneDrive rather than my SSD video games, chrome shortcuts, etc.. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11. When setting it up, all of the shortcuts from my desktop appeared...
  3. How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?: I've had a desktop with windows 10 for a couple years now and I have a lot of files on it saved to my OneDrive rather than my SSD video games, chrome shortcuts, etc.. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11. When setting it up, all of the shortcuts from my desktop appeared...
  4. Computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in. All...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in. All...: my computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in , and it keeps coming, back after erasing it and all shortcuts point's to cmd32. what can I do? * Moved from Community Center* Original title: Shortcuts...
  5. Computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in. All...

Computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in. All...: my computer is adding a lot of shortcut folders, in every USB drive that I plug in , and it keeps coming, back after erasing it and all shortcuts point's to cmd32. what can I do? * Moved from Community Center* Original title: Shortcuts...
  6. Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...: Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer shortcuts It is very confusing as to which icons load what...
  7. Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...

Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...: Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer shortcuts It is very confusing as to which icons load what...
  8. Why are OneDrive icons or shortcut showing on desktop in addition to my regular computer...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer: Hi,about 8 days ago i installed a game on my computer and some advertisement internet shortcut creators installed with it,and now i don't know how can i delete this shortcuts permanently,Every time I open the computer, these internet shortcuts are created again along with the...
  10. How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer

How can i remove files or anything that makes internet shortcuts in my computer: Hi,about 8 days ago i installed a game on my computer and some advertisement internet shortcut creators installed with it,and now i don't know how can i delete this shortcuts permanently,Every time I open the computer, these internet shortcuts are created again along with the...