Windows 10: Shortcut issue

Discus and support Shortcut issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have an issue with shortcuts; don't know how this happen and when... I use two monitors, my main; which is a 23" and my secondary which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nyan Nyan Desu, May 1, 2017.

1. Shortcut issue

Hi guys, I have an issue with shortcuts; don't know how this happen and when...

I use two monitors, my main; which is a 23" and my secondary which is a 19". I keep my main monitor clear of folder, files, shortcuts and etc. And use my secondary as a "quick access" to folders, files and shortcuts.

The issue is on the shortcuts themselves, the small arrow disappear from the shortcut if I place the shortcut on the 2nd monitor and if I place them back ob the main, the arrow appear again.

Here some pic to show what's going on:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

:)

Nyan Nyan Desu, May 1, 2017
  2. dylanwilk Win User

Shortcut issue

My shortcuts just stopped working for some reason I hooked up another keyboard doesn't work either. ctrl alt dlt doesnt work or any other shortcuts im on windows 10 pls help

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

dylanwilk, May 1, 2017
  3. Shortcut issue

Hi Dylan,

For us to identify the cause of the issue, we suggest that you perform a clean boot to disable non-Microsoft services and check if the issue persists. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click here.
    After troubleshooting, refer to How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting found in the same article. We also suggest to start the PC in safe mode
    and update us if there will be any changes. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10, click here.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 1, 2017
  4. jl2509 Win User

Shortcut issue

Just a thought, try hitting F5 and refresh the screen to see if they re-appear

or

Try here to restore the icon cache DB Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

or

try restoring the default shortcut icons via registry (if you feel competent enough) Remember to do a registry backup first

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\IE.AssocFile.URL]"IsShortcut"=""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\InternetShortcut]"IsShortcut"=""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile]"IsShortcut"=""[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons]"29"=-

hth

jl2509, May 3, 2017
  5. Didn't solved

Didn't solved

What I'm suppose to edit ?

Nyan Nyan Desu, May 4, 2017
  6. jl2509 Win User
    Edit the registry! ResEdit.exe from command prompt.
    If you are unsure about editing anything, don't do it. Failed registry settings can corrupt the registry causing system failure.

jl2509, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Shortcut issue

1. Shortcut issue - Similar Threads - Shortcut issue

2. I solved an issue towards keyboard buttons do shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I solved an issue towards keyboard buttons do shortcuts: Basically, when I clicked H's or S's or some keys, it would change the entire thing, it would do shortcuts instead of putting letters, how I would fix it temporairly was ctrl alt delete, and click cancel, it would temporarily fix, but when I'd click H's or S's again, It would...
  3. I solved an issue towards keyboard buttons do shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I solved an issue towards keyboard buttons do shortcuts: Basically, when I clicked H's or S's or some keys, it would change the entire thing, it would do shortcuts instead of putting letters, how I would fix it temporairly was ctrl alt delete, and click cancel, it would temporarily fix, but when I'd click H's or S's again, It would...
  4. I solved an issue towards keyboard buttons do shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minor desktop shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  6. Minor desktop shortcut issue

Minor desktop shortcut issue: I cannot delete a shortcut on my PC. I get an error code and when I click try again, I still can't manage to delete it. It is an old shortcut from an already uninstalled game. What's peculiar is that in the past, I have been able to delete shortcuts of other already installed...
  7. I am facing issue with shortcut menu window of Wifi, Volume and Battery which is located on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing issue with shortcut menu window of Wifi, Volume and Battery which is located on...: I'm facing an issue with shortcut menu window of Wi-Fi, Volume and Battery which is located on bottom right corner on taskbar since one month ago. This shortcut menu not responding or unable to click for changing Wi-Fi, adjust volume or Bluetooth connection selection the...
  8. I am facing issue with shortcut menu window of Wifi, Volume and Battery which is located on...

I am facing issue with shortcut menu window of Wifi, Volume and Battery which is located on...: I'm facing an issue with shortcut menu window of Wi-Fi, Volume and Battery which is located on bottom right corner on taskbar since one month ago. This shortcut menu not responding or unable to click for changing Wi-Fi, adjust volume or Bluetooth connection selection the...
  9. Windows 11 Windows logo key + number keyboard shortcut issues, causes blank black/gray pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows logo key + number keyboard shortcut issues, causes blank black/gray pop up: I am a developer and keep a list of common applications pinned to my taskbar so that I can use the WinKey+number keyboard shortcut to switch between apps quickly when working Win+1=Chrome, Win+3=Outlook, Win+4=SQL Server, Win+5=Visual Studio, etc.. I have been using these...
  10. Windows 11 Windows logo key + number keyboard shortcut issues, causes blank black/gray pop up

Windows 11 Windows logo key + number keyboard shortcut issues, causes blank black/gray pop up: I am a developer and keep a list of common applications pinned to my taskbar so that I can use the WinKey+number keyboard shortcut to switch between apps quickly when working Win+1=Chrome, Win+3=Outlook, Win+4=SQL Server, Win+5=Visual Studio, etc.. I have been using these...