Windows 10: Shortcut Key won't work since system restore, why?

Discus and support Shortcut Key won't work since system restore, why? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [img] I want to be able to assign "Control Shift C" as the shortcut key like you see in that attached photo. It will let me assign other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dlfagan1, Jan 2, 2017.

1. dlfagan1 Win User

Shortcut Key won't work since system restore, why?

Shortcut Key won't work since system restore, why? [​IMG]

I want to be able to assign "Control Shift C" as the shortcut key like you see in that attached photo. It will let me assign other combinations, but not Control Shift C. It was working before I did a system restore. I'm thinking it won't work now because the old shortcut from before I restored it is confusing it somehow. Any ideas? thanks.

:)

dlfagan1, Jan 2, 2017
  2. kayla08 Win User

nokia 6085 multiple problems. please help!

have sinced fixed all problems apart from the hash key not working as a silent shortcut with a simple restore factory settings.

kayla08, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Taskbar and Start menu not working on Windows 10

After I posted the question, I got to a place where I could do a system restore. (Most of the windows-key shortcuts would not work) After the restore, I got the message that it had not been successful, but Windows was working again. I performed the checks
    you suggested and did not find anything wrong. Puzzled and nervous about Windows 10, as I have had similar sorts of issues a couple of times since the upgrade.

RichardBroaddus, Jan 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you might try this to scan your system for assigned shortcuts: it found this one on mine. It might give you a clue.
    Shortcut Key Explorer: View All Shortcut Keys Assigned For Files, Folders, And Applications

I assume you have tried deleting the shortcut you created.
    Note: the actual shortcut key definitions do not seem to be held in the registry- I was trying to think how system restore may have affected this.

That thought reminded me that Winaero made a comment about updating the old calculator download so it was independent of sfc scannow etc - that's probably not relevant to your shortcut issue though.
    Old Windows 7 Calculator for Windows 10

dalchina, Jan 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Shortcut Key won't work since system restore, why? - Similar Threads - Shortcut Key won't

2. Why system restore not working in boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why system restore not working in boot?: Whenever I start my PC, there is a notification of please wait and it quickly switches to troubleshoot. I am not able to reset my pc in boot mode. Neither startup repair is working nor Restore recovery and System restore is missing from troubleshoot or not working. Only...
  3. Why system restore not working in boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why system restore not working in boot?: Whenever I start my PC, there is a notification of please wait and it quickly switches to troubleshoot. I am not able to reset my pc in boot mode. Neither startup repair is working nor Restore recovery and System restore is missing from troubleshoot or not working. Only...
  4. Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update: I recently updated my computer to the latest windows update. Since then, after opening any applications, mainly games, my shortcuts and modifier keys stop working. The shortcuts I am talking about are Alt+Tab, Windows keys for local searching, Windows+R, Windows+I,...
  5. Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update

Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update: I recently updated my computer to the latest windows update. Since then, after opening any applications, mainly games, my shortcuts and modifier keys stop working. The shortcuts I am talking about are Alt+Tab, Windows keys for local searching, Windows+R, Windows+I,...
  6. Keys and key shortcuts not working properly

Keys and key shortcuts not working properly: I am using windows 10, and since the last update, the x and z key aren`t working properly. i can only press them when i am pressing another key simultaneously. also every time i try to use ctrl+c and ctrl+v, it does not always work, needing me to press a couple of times for...
  7. Shortcut keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys are not working: The feature or shortcut keys on Windows aren't working as they should. They haven't worked in a long time, and I've tried waiting for the next update button to appear, but it still doesn't work....
  8. Windows SHortcut keys won't work on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows SHortcut keys won't work on my keyboard: Ever since I plugged in my new headphones (Razer Kraken) my window shortcuts won't work. (Windows key, alt+tab, ctrl+shitf+esc, win+r, etc.). I've tried different solutions like modifying registry values, restarting windows explorer, reinstalling keyboard drives, unplugging...
  9. System Restore won't restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore won't restore: I have a problem that is as insoluble (to me) as it is serious: System Restore seems broken. It exits with this less-than-helpful err msg: An unknown error occurred during system restore. (0x80070091). For completeness I took partial screen shots the whole way during my last...
  10. Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut: I have a shortcut on the desktop. If you double click on it, it runs the target program just fine. Under 'properties' I have tried assigning various shortcut keys like Ctrl+Alt+N and none of them work. I have also deleted and recreated the desktop shortcut with no luck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desk top shortcutswont work system restore