Windows 10: shortcut settings are dimmed

Discus and support shortcut settings are dimmed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to change a program shortcut settings. however, when I go to the Advanced Properties, the options are grayed out. Any ideas? 64796 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billt4g, Sep 23, 2016.

1. billt4g Win User

shortcut settings are dimmed

Hi, I'm trying to change a program shortcut settings. however, when I go to the Advanced Properties, the options are grayed out. Any ideas?

:)

billt4g, Sep 23, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

shortcut setings dimmed

To further help you, which program are you trying to set advanced properties on?

DaveM121, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Billt4G Win User
    shortcut setings dimmed

Hi, can anyone heIp me?

When I click Properties for a particular (not all, just this one) program, the Advanced Properties are dimmed out??

Billt4G, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Michael Win User

Those are usually only greyed out when the shortcut is to a file, not an app.

Michael, Sep 27, 2016
Thema:

1. shortcut settings are dimmed - Similar Threads - shortcut settings are

2. Dim screen brightness below lowest setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dim screen brightness below lowest setting: I got a new desktop PC last September and it's really nice except for one thing, and that's the brightness of the screen.I always have it dimmed to the lowest setting because it's SO BRIGHT!I USED to have it on night light, which helped a LOT thanks computer designers, but...
  3. Dim screen brightness below lowest setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dim screen brightness below lowest setting: I got a new desktop PC last September and it's really nice except for one thing, and that's the brightness of the screen.I always have it dimmed to the lowest setting because it's SO BRIGHT!I USED to have it on night light, which helped a LOT thanks computer designers, but...
  4. Shortcut to APPs in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to APPs in Settings: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3218116/how-to-make-shortcuts-to-windows-10-settings-on-your-desktop.html gives an impressive list of shortcuts to items in Settings, but it is NOT comprehensive, nor do the sections correspond to those in Settings. Is there a more...
  5. Shortcut to APPs in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to APPs in Settings: https://www.computerworld.com/article/3218116/how-to-make-shortcuts-to-windows-10-settings-on-your-desktop.html gives an impressive list of shortcuts to items in Settings, but it is NOT comprehensive, nor do the sections correspond to those in Settings. Is there a more...
  6. Shortcut to APPs in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Links in Settings Very Dim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links in Settings Very Dim: There was a Windows 10 setting for dimmed items.I changed it, not knowing exactly what it was for.Now these links that are scattered throughout setting a too dim.How do I increase the brightness of the links?James...
  8. "Settings" shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    "Settings" shortcut: Hi I have just reinstalled from the recovery partition on my DEL XPS 9560 W 10 Laptop. All updates have been installed MS & DELL. I would like a few adjustments made, to return it to what I had prior to the re-install. # 1 A Setting shortcut on my Desktop, I cannot for the...
  9. after update screen dimming even when settings are set

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    after update screen dimming even when settings are set: I tried going into power settings and there is no setting to turn the dimming off... I am not sure whats going on and its getting really frustrating. I am using bitsum highest performance powerplan and everything is turned to "never"... When I go into advanced power options...
  10. Accidentally set background apps and taskbar to dim...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally set background apps and taskbar to dim...: About a week ago, I was playing around with my settings and I accidentally toggled my background apps and taskbar to dim after ~30 seconds. I thought it was neat at the time, but I've realized that it now dims my professors lecture window while I'm taking notes in OneNote. I...