Windows 10: shortcut settings are dimmed

Discus and support shortcut settings are dimmed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to change a program shortcut settings. however, when I go to the Advanced Properties, the options are grayed out. Any ideas? 64796 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billt4g, Sep 23, 2016.

1. billt4g Win User

shortcut settings are dimmed

Hi, I'm trying to change a program shortcut settings. however, when I go to the Advanced Properties, the options are grayed out. Any ideas?

:)

billt4g, Sep 23, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

shortcut setings dimmed

To further help you, which program are you trying to set advanced properties on?

DaveM121, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Billt4G Win User
    shortcut setings dimmed

Hi, can anyone heIp me?

When I click Properties for a particular (not all, just this one) program, the Advanced Properties are dimmed out??

Billt4G, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Michael Win User

Those are usually only greyed out when the shortcut is to a file, not an app.

Michael, Sep 27, 2016
Thema:

1. shortcut settings are dimmed - Similar Threads - shortcut settings are

2. dimming the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dimming the screen: I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright. -Zach...
  3. Screen Dimming Issue

Screen Dimming Issue: My laptop suddenly started dimming randomly. It seems to happen whenever the laptop is performing a CPU intensive task or something. Basically, the screen dims for a second and then goes back to its original brightness. This can happen multiple times a minute. Then it stops....
  4. Half my desktop shortcuts are dim, CMD, Restore, and Reset are all nonfunctional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Half my desktop shortcuts are dim, CMD, Restore, and Reset are all nonfunctional: Hope someone can help me. Half my shortcuts on my desktop are dim but mostly are accessible. Some are just short cuts to folders and they work. Others are short cuts to programs and they seem ok too. Tried to install Windows 10 updates and it crashed and it reverted...
  5. Dim Screen

Dim Screen: Why did my screen go dim as soon as I plug in the charging cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dim-screen/229140df-7839-4113-9130-6b0f03674361
  6. dimmed... cannot fix

in Windows 10 Customization
    dimmed... cannot fix: I adjusted the brightness with the F3 key days ago and now it wont go back. I went into settings and adjusted the brightness on the scale and still...nothing....
  7. Shortcut to settings/personalization/color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to settings/personalization/color: Is such a shortcut possible? I can't identify a file to open, 33699
  8. Display Settings Shortcuts Needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Settings Shortcuts Needed: Because of my vision I need to quickly change display setting between 125, 150, and 175 as well shifting between portrait and landscape orientation -- all without having to call up the Display Settings page. Example. I need 175% to clearly see the file tree but that is too...
  9. How to dim screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to dim screen?: I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen? I can't even find the options in the Display section. 87767
  10. Shortcut properties - setting and preserving

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut properties - setting and preserving: I am working with a fresh W10 install. I am used to W7. One old (x86) application I run requires that I configure the Start in setting for the shortcut that launches it. The shortcut that was placed on the desktop did not let me change that. The shortcut in the New list...