Windows 10: Shortcut/Tool to reset screen resolution

Discus and support Shortcut/Tool to reset screen resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello Forum, I am using Windows 10 from within Parallels Desktop on a Mac which means that my screen resolution often changes to the strangest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by desertman, Apr 17, 2016.

1. desertman Win User

Shortcut/Tool to reset screen resolution

Hello Forum,

I am using Windows 10 from within Parallels Desktop on a Mac which means that my screen resolution often changes to the strangest numbers when I move or change the window in which I have Windows 10 running.

Is there a one-click solution - like a tool or shortcut or script - that I can have on my Windows 10 desktop and that with one click resets the resolution to 1600 x 1200? I know that I can get with a right-click quite easily to the display settings but this would still need several mouse movements and clicks - to be able to do this with just one single click would be really great (yes, I'm lazy).

Thanks for your replies -

:)

desertman, Apr 17, 2016

2. Windows update Issue

i waited about 15 minutes then i forced shutdown. i didn't have extra thing plugged in except for power plug but i do have avast antivirus as running at the time of update.

Reset Resolution, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Windows update Issue

I disabled my anti virus and some how the update was installed. I am not sure if this is antivirus related issue.

Anyway thank you all for your suggestion and help.

Reset Resolution, Apr 17, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Do you have any Hotkeys set up for your graphics options? There is one on mine to restore graphics defaults, I am wondering if this might do the trick for you.

philc43, Apr 17, 2016
  5. desertman Win User
    What do you mean by "hotkey for graphics options"?

If you mean a shortcut on the desktop to c:\windows\System32\desk.cpl - no, that does not really work better than going to the display settings via a right-click on the desktop.

desertman, Apr 17, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Here is the screen I was referring to. Not sure what graphics card/options you have?

Shortcut/Tool to reset screen resolution [​IMG]

philc43, Apr 17, 2016
  7. desertman Win User
    I am using Windows on a Mac with a virtual PC (that is what the Parallels Desktop software does - providing me with a virtual PC on which I can install i. e. Windows). The video adapter for this PC is just part of the Parallels Desktop software and does not give me the option to define a default resolution (which certainly would be a good idea).

With Parallels Desktop the resolution is "fluid" - Windows is running in a normal OS X application window and when I change the size of the window Windows changes the resolution accordingly. However, when I then go into the Windows display settings and change the resolution back to 1600 x 1200 the window size snaps back to a size that is exactly right for this resolution.

What I am looking for is a one-click shortcut or tool to tell the Windows display settings to change to a specific resolution. For OS X such tools exist and therefore I hope that this is also possible in Windows 10.

desertman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Shortcut/Tool to reset screen resolution - Similar Threads - Shortcut Tool reset

2. Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?: Is there a general way? What I'm specifically after is to change the one for the screen snipping tool from Win + Shift + S (default) to PrtScr Thank you. submitted by /u/nerd137503 [link] [comments]...
  3. handwriting tool shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    handwriting tool shortcut: is there a shortcut key for the handwriting tool because it is so hard to search while using my pen on the desktop when I have to write in the tiny space in the address bar of a browseredit: aside for the taskbar touch keyboard...
  4. handwriting tool shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    handwriting tool shortcut: is there a shortcut key for the handwriting tool because it is so hard to search while using my pen on the desktop when I have to write in the tiny space in the address bar of a browseredit: aside for the taskbar touch keyboard...
  5. KVM resets my screen resolution.

in Windows 10 Customization
    KVM resets my screen resolution.: This happens whenever this PC is switched by the KVM away to another PC and then I return to it. Resolution reverts to 1024x768. Well known problem but nothing I have found s/w or h/w on Google has worked yet. Is there a simple s/w way of locking my PC's resolution to what...
  6. Reset Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Tool: I understand that Microsoft has not supported the Zune player for many years but I am trying to find a source/location for the Media Collection Reset Tool. Is there anyway to access the tool? ***Moved from Email / Searching email***...
  7. Shortcut Snipping tool

Shortcut Snipping tool: I have a surface book 2. How can i assign the prtscn button to take a screenshot with the microsoft snipping tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-snipping-tool/4b4e09f7-4579-46eb-8995-aa5406b432b6
  8. Reset screen resolution in windows 10

Reset screen resolution in windows 10: I got a message indicating that my screen resolution was not optimized and after i clicked on it my resolution was reset to a very high level with the result that i got another message on my screen saying “ not supported” and cannot get beyond that at all even after rebooting...
  9. Screen resolution

Screen resolution: Hello How do I change the screen resolution to 1600 x 900 in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/screen-resolution/0e331887-527d-4cb1-875c-e3a070c88589
  10. Screen resolution sometimes resets when rebooting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution sometimes resets when rebooting: Before I get to the issue, let's start with another issue. When my computer is restarted and it clears the page file, I have issues with things freezing for about a second. Since I think this might affect Minecraft, I choose to reboot again by clicking Shut Down and then...