Windows 10: Shortcuts and Libraries

Discus and support Shortcuts and Libraries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody ! 1) I'm wondering if in Windows 10, it's possible to put a shortcut everywhere you want on your desktop. With Windows seven i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Melahel, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Melahel Win User

Shortcuts and Libraries

Hello everybody !

1) I'm wondering if in Windows 10, it's possible to put a shortcut everywhere you want on your desktop.

With Windows seven i like to put my shortcuts on my desktop, putting them in the right place depending on the wallpaper (that i change when my work is finished).
    Well, i explain : for instance the wallpaper is a pic with a table and a chair, i choose to put some shortcuts on the table, others on the floor and others on the chair, depending on my work !

I know that there are virtual desktops, but if i can't organize my shortcuts as i like, it won't help me.

2) Another thing is : do libraries exist ? If not, it's a real disaster, because i'm a bit messy, and libraries are a very handy tool.

So, you've understood that shortcuts and libraries are very usefull for me, and how the shortcuts are used.

But do that marvellous stuf exist in Windows 10 ? *sarc

Thank tou very much for your reply ! *Smile

:)

Melahel, Dec 16, 2014
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How do I reset My PC and Libraries shortcuts

Hi Keith,

Thank you for providing us a detailed explanation of your issue. Windows Explorer may have encountered a system conflict after the update that caused this. We suggest that you perform the methods below to check if there will be any changes on your File Explorer:

Method 1: Restart File Explorer from Task Manager.

• Right click on an empty area on your taskbar and click Task Manager.
    • On the Task Manager window, click More details at the bottom to see the detailed interface.
    • On the Processes tab, scroll down and look for Windows Explorer and click the
      Restart button at the bottom part of the Task Manager window.

Method 2: Restore Default Libraries.

Delete the Library folders from the windows explorer and restore the default libraries.
    This will check for any corrupted or damaged library files or settings. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer from the desktop interface by clicking on its icon on the taskbar.
    • Right click on the Library items and click on
      Delete
      • Note: Deleting a library does not delete the contents of the included folders. However, you may need to re-add or include your folders manually, if needed.
    • Right click on the Library icon in the Navigation pane of the window.
    • Click on Restore default libraries. This will recreate the library that you just deleted.
    • Attach or upload the files from the Library directories and check if the issue still persists.

If the issue persists, run the System File Checker to check if this is caused by any corrupted or damaged protected system files.

Method 3: Use the System
    File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.

This will scan your computer for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Let us know the results.

⛧If you think this was useful, feel free to "Mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem. ⛧

Xylee Del, Dec 16, 2014
  3. How do I reset My PC and Libraries shortcuts

Hello! I`ve got a very starnge issue. After one of the latest updates of my Windows 10, Pictures library disappeared from the list of Libraries in My PC section of Explorer. It is is still in Libraries if I go and search for it in Users folder, but shortcut
    is missing and it`s not that comfortable to work with this folder now.

Shortcuts and Libraries [​IMG]

Besides, one folder from Pictures library got stuck in Quick access, its path somehow changed to a OneDrive path, even though it was never synced to it. I managed to sovle this issue thanks to this article:

Cannot Unpin from Quick Access Since Microsoft Switched Local Documents and Pictures to OneDrive Folders

But I still can`t return my Pictures library link to the main page of Explorer, and one of the local Pictures folder wrong shortcut is still stuck in Libraries section.

Shortcuts and Libraries [​IMG]

Is there any way I can reset both My PC and Libraries shortcuts?

Thank you!

Keith Quano, Dec 16, 2014
  4. pbcopter Win User

Shortcuts and Libraries

Windows 10 handles those issues (shortcuts and Libraries) the same as Windows 7.
    Libraries must be selected as viewing them is not the default.

pbcopter, Dec 16, 2014
  5. Melahel Win User
    WONDERFUL ! thank you very much for replying so fast ! Shortcuts and Libraries :)

Melahel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Shortcuts and Libraries

1. Shortcuts and Libraries - Similar Threads - Shortcuts Libraries

2. Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open: My windows keyboard shortcuts stopped working. But if I open any windows settings dialogue, they work fine. Game mode is off. It just started happening....
  3. Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open: My windows keyboard shortcuts stopped working. But if I open any windows settings dialogue, they work fine. Game mode is off. It just started happening....
  4. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  5. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  6. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Taskbar shortcut takes me to Libraries instead of the folder I want to go

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar shortcut takes me to Libraries instead of the folder I want to go: Hi. I´m having problems with a shortcut. I´ve been using the taskbar shortcut of a folder called Projects for years, but now I want to have the shortcut of a folder that´s inside Projects. For some reason, now I can´t get into it, and Projects shortcut won´t work either. Both...
  8. Taskbar shortcut takes me to Libraries instead of the folder I want to go

Taskbar shortcut takes me to Libraries instead of the folder I want to go: Hi. I´m having problems with a shortcut. I´ve been using the taskbar shortcut of a folder called Projects for years, but now I want to have the shortcut of a folder that´s inside Projects. For some reason, now I can´t get into it, and Projects shortcut won´t work either. Both...
  9. Firefox - Make Desktop Shortcut to Library / "Other Bookmarks" ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Make Desktop Shortcut to Library / "Other Bookmarks" ?: I have this Shortcut that opens to "All Bookmarks" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -chrome chrome://browser/content/places/places.xul . . . but, how do you change it, so it opens to "Other Bookmarks" . . . which is a sub-directory of "All Bookmarks"...
  10. How to make shortcuts open to full folder path and not libraries path?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make shortcuts open to full folder path and not libraries path?: Hi, I have an issue where if I make shortcuts to specific folders located inside my User folder (Pictures, Videos, Documents, etc), I have an issue where the shortcuts (even on Quick Access) open up to a smart folder where the filepath is something like This PC/Desktop...