Windows 10: shortcuts are white at first and then load about 5-10sec after startup

Discus and support shortcuts are white at first and then load about 5-10sec after startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, today I did a total clean install of win10 because of some other issues. Now my shortcuts are white at first and then load about 5-10sec after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kamir, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Kamir Win User

shortcuts are white at first and then load about 5-10sec after startup

Hi, today I did a total clean install of win10 because of some other issues. Now my shortcuts are white at first and then load about 5-10sec after startup. What can I do to make them load instantly?

:)

Kamir, Jul 18, 2016
  2. Midhul Win User

Please help me

how much time will it take to deep reset..i've tried but it shows nokia for 5-10sec and then back to blank white screen:smileysad:

Midhul, Jul 18, 2016
  3. E51 Web browser stopped working (wifi)

Unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem. At the moment no matter where I am. If I startup the browser and after asking me which wlan to use, it starts up a white page and tries to load ... something? After the progress bar reaches about 5-10% it just
    freezes and stops. When I however stop the loading and select a link from the bookmarks it load the pages just fine. Strangely if I stop the loading and type a web address manually it also shows only white page ....

taranq---01, Jul 18, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Just means that your Icon Cache has to rebuild itself. It all depends on where those shortcuts are located.

bro67, Jul 18, 2016
  5. Kamir Win User
    Thank you for your reply, I allready rebuild the Icon Cache but nothing has changed.

Shortcuts from C are not the problem, but shortcuts from other locations have this issue.

Kamir, Jul 18, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    If from network shares, it could be an issue with the workstation and where you have those files stored, that Windows is not able to relate a local Icon for them. Especially if they are shortcuts to the programs & folders, not just mapped drives.

bro67, Jul 19, 2016
  7. Kamir Win User
    No, the programs are only on my computer, one SSD contains Windows, another SSD programs and my M.2 contains my Games.
    Before my clean install, there were no problems with the icons to load and i had even more programs in the startup tab.
    Even after a second clean install the icons take some time to load, there is no difference. What else could I do?
    Every start there are different icons which need 5-10sec to load.

Kamir, Jul 21, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Did you change any settings besides Prefetch for the SSD's? I am using a Samsung 850 evo on both of our laptops and the tuning program has made a change. Crucial also has one for their SSD's that may work.

That is odd that you have that going on and it should have been resolved. Reinstalling again may cause further problems. Since Edge and IE are so tightly screwed into File Explorer. Try resetting their settings and flushing their cache with CCleaner.

Also check Folder Options View tab to make sure that "Always show icons not thumbnails" is not checked. What happens if you try a new local user account?

bro67, Jul 21, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    Come to think of it I have same problem. Seems like icon cache is rebuilding after every restart. Folders with 20 or so items take few seconds to show icons instead of icon places but text is shown immediately. What's surprising is that it's relatively fast system with fast SSD. So it's either the case of icon cache rebuilding all the time or windows have to read icons in every program directly.

CountMike, Jul 21, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    Auto Refresh has been an issue since Windows 7. There are a couple of different theories why Auto Refresh happens, along with screwing up the Icon cache. Have not found any real fix to it from all of the searches that I have done.

bro67, Jul 21, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    Some are always on, like for office programs for example, some take forever and longer to show up.

CountMike, Jul 21, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    I know. I am running a slim install on mine and my wife's laptops with both of us using a Samsung 850 Evo SSD. I have not seen it yet since I did a fresh install on both.

I had the problem before earlier this year, before I switched to Linux Mint. Now I am back, because ver 18 of Linux Mint is jacked up from them trying to beat Microsoft with the Anniversary edition.

bro67, Jul 21, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

Would be interesting to get to the bottom of this.

CountMike, Jul 21, 2016
  14. Kamir Win User
    Samsung Magician the Tuning Program, didn´t help, i also did a clean install, but the problem is still there. Some shortcuts are instant there and some need still every start some time to load.

I checked the view settings it wasn´t checked.

Is there anything I can do about the iconcache refresh? I dont understand why it wasn´t a problem some time ago but after my first clean install

Kamir, Jul 24, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    That is something that is going to have to take some digging. If the remote folders have a lot of files, it will take forever to load and it can cause refresh.

bro67, Jul 25, 2016
Thema:

1. shortcuts are white at first and then load about 5-10sec after startup - Similar Threads - shortcuts are white

2. BSOD on first startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on first startup: Hello everyone, So after 1-2 minutes when the computer is started on a cold boot, a BSOD appears and it restarts. This happens once or twice after the computer is started in cold boot. After that, I don't get BSOD anymore and everything works normally....
  3. BSOD on first startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on first startup: Hello everyone, So after 1-2 minutes when the computer is started on a cold boot, a BSOD appears and it restarts. This happens once or twice after the computer is started in cold boot. After that, I don't get BSOD anymore and everything works normally....
  4. White underscore on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    White underscore on startup: Hello, I recently moved my windows 10 from hdd to ssd and it works pretty well, but I am getting white underscore on first 10 seconds on start up, then the system loads in normally. I wonder how could I have fix that. I also noticed that windows boot manager is still on my...
  5. White underscore on startup

White underscore on startup: Hello, I recently moved my windows 10 from hdd to ssd and it works pretty well, but I am getting white underscore on first 10 seconds on start up, then the system loads in normally. I wonder how could I have fix that. I also noticed that windows boot manager is still on my...
  6. About startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About startup: I'm Using an ASUS Laptop with Windows 10 and i3 processer . I'm facing a irritating issue that after restart the taskbar loads very slowly and even the cursor doesn't move from it's place . This happens 2-3 mins then the screen refreshes and everything works. I have done sfc...
  7. First screen that comes up on startup is white. Saying, Dell preboot manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    First screen that comes up on startup is white. Saying, Dell preboot manager.: I have a Dell Vostro 3583 laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. It's set up, to go past, the login screen. And, right to the, desktop. I know, I could eliminate, the password. But not, even seeing, the login screen. Is much better! Now, something has changed. The first screen...
  8. Freezing on first startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freezing on first startup: Ive just finished the build of my first brand new pc. specs: cpu: intel i5 9600k gpu: msi ventus rtx 2060 mobo: msi z390-A pro hard drive: wd blue 1tb hard disk drive Because this is a fresh build, I had to install windows 10 (64 bit). I used my old laptop to...
  9. BSOD after about 15min for about 4-5 restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after about 15min for about 4-5 restarts: Hey everyone, So for the past week i've been getting either the whea_uncorrectable_error or IRQL_not_less_or_equal BSOD... I browsed the forums and did most of the suggestions (mainly updates all my drivers and ran the stress tests, minus the ram). Updating my drivers...
  10. MS Hearts crashes about 4 or 5 seconds after loading

MS Hearts crashes about 4 or 5 seconds after loading: I realize this is not critical in the general scheme of things but it bothers me. Installed Build 10565 yesterday and everything works great except Hearts. Event viewer indicated it might be a Java problem so I downloaded the latest Java but that hasn't helped. Any ideas?...