Windows 10: Shortcuts Moving to Wrong Monitor after shutdown

Discus and support Shortcuts Moving to Wrong Monitor after shutdown in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a dual monitor setup with Monitor 2 being the main display. It has my start bar and everything loads up to it by default but after I shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EVOluti0n, Jun 12, 2016.

1. EVOluti0n Win User

Shortcuts Moving to Wrong Monitor after shutdown

I have a dual monitor setup with Monitor 2 being the main display. It has my start bar and everything loads up to it by default but after I shut down the computer and start it back up all my shortcuts moved over to Monitor 1. This is a small inconvenience but I would like them to load on Monitor 2 by default.

Note: Each time the computer has been shut off it's been because I've gotten a black screen and the computer becomes unresponsive while I can still hear videos and games running so I held the power button to force shut down.

:)

EVOluti0n, Jun 12, 2016

2. windows 10 creators build loses desktop icon overlays on 2nd monitor

I have 2 monitors.

After upgrading to windows 10 creators build the icon overlay for shortcuts on my desktop are missing from the 2nd screen.

If I move a shortcut from the 1st monitor to the 2nd it still shows the overlay, after I press F5 it loses the overlay, moving it back to the 1st restores the overlay.

RichardFWarner, Jun 12, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Shortcut to move to specific Monitor?

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

If you have more than one monitor:

• Win+Shift+Left arrow: Move window to the monitor on the left
    • Win+Shift+Right arrow: Move window to the monitor on the right
    If you are looking for some application to do that task, I would request you to use your favorite search engine and look for software's that would perform that task.

THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE DISCLAIMER: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Jun 12, 2016
Thema:

Shortcuts Moving to Wrong Monitor after shutdown

1. Shortcuts Moving to Wrong Monitor after shutdown - Similar Threads - Shortcuts Moving Wrong

2. Windows moved to wrong Monitor, and WM_DPICHANGED issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows moved to wrong Monitor, and WM_DPICHANGED issues: First issue: When I switch my secondary monitor off, nothing changes good.However, when switching back on, all windows are moved to the primary monitor!!!That's stupid. I would accept if that happend when switching off, but not when switching back on!!!Secondary issue: The...
  3. Windows moved to wrong Monitor, and WM_DPICHANGED issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows moved to wrong Monitor, and WM_DPICHANGED issues: First issue: When I switch my secondary monitor off, nothing changes good.However, when switching back on, all windows are moved to the primary monitor!!!That's stupid. I would accept if that happend when switching off, but not when switching back on!!!Secondary issue: The...
  4. Windows moved to wrong Monitor, and WM_DPICHANGED issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1

Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1: Hi, I have a problem in which whenever I turn my PC on my shortcuts move to monitor 2 and do not stay on monitor 1 which is my main. I tried updating drivers, unchecking auto arrange icons, unplugging monitos but nothing worked.. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks...
  6. Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not 1

Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not 1: Hi, I have a problem in which whenever I turn my PC on my shortcuts move to monitor 2 and do not stay on monitor 1 which is my main. I tried updating drivers, unchecking auto arrange icons, unplugging monitos but nothing worked.. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks...
  7. shortcut shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shortcut shutdown: I want to put shortcut shutdown button on my taskbar.I right click on desktop to create new shortcut and in the box i typed shutdown.exe/s/t 0 and clicked next i get pop up message shutdown folder cant be found. And no matter what command i type in the box i get the same pop...
  8. Open programs moving to wrong monitor

Open programs moving to wrong monitor: I have three monitors plus my home theatre plugged into my computer. When I go to work I switch off monitors one and three, the home theatre is plugged in constantly and monitor two displays my security cameras. What's annoying is that lately not sure what update this started...
  9. Desktop Shortcuts opening on the wrong monitor

Desktop Shortcuts opening on the wrong monitor: Hello, Whenever I try to open a desktop shortcut on my main monitor left, the program consistently appears on the wrong monitor right. I only have this problem if I open the shortcut from the actual desktop, but not when I open the shortcut from the Desktop folder in...
  10. Shutdown Shortcut

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown Shortcut: Win XP had a neat tip/trick where you could create a Shutdown shortcut and place the Icon on your desktop. To shutdown your PC, you would just click on the Icon, and voila, your PC shutdown. Does anyone know if something like this is available in W10? 96625