Windows 10: Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop

Discus and support Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not at home with access to Windows 10. Does anyone know if this still works with Windows 10? Launch any Modern app from desktop without going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NavyLCDR, Nov 23, 2015.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop

NavyLCDR, Nov 23, 2015
  2. huddie71 Win User

Keyboard Shortcuts for Remote Desktop App

Anybody know the answer to this ? Got any links for the Modern / Metro / Universal Remote Desktop app shortcut keys ?

huddie71, Nov 23, 2015
  3. MWolf94 Win User
    Windows 10 | All Apps | Metro Apps | & Cortana

I was trying to get a shortcut to bring up the All Apps menu from the start screen. The one that displays metro apps. I can't access my start menu (due to some restrictions set up by my school), so I can't access my metro apps unless I open the store and
    open the app from there. I wanted to pin the metro apps to my desktop so I could still use them. I found out where the shortcuts are located

C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Application Shortcuts

In there are folders for each of my metro apps with a shortcut inside. The problem is, each shortcut is not linked to anything, so I still can't open them.

I'm wondering, is there a way to open metro apps without using the start menu?

(When searching in Cortana, some apps show up and some don't. Either way, she doesn't recognize that it's downloaded already so clicking on it brings me to the store)

MWolf94, Nov 23, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Just checked it on 1511. Works fine.

You end up with a shortcut on your desktop that looks like this:

Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop [​IMG]

5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Thank you! I'm going to be upgrading a senior citizen's computer (hardware and to Windows 10 from XP) and he's definitely going to need shortcuts on the desktop. We are also going to be adding a Blu-ray player to his TV - that is going to be hell enough.

NavyLCDR, Nov 23, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    TV's are more complicated than computers in my opinion. I can never figure out where the start menu is. Good luck with that *Smile

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you like, you can also drag and drop apps from Start to your desktop to create a shortcut of them on the desktop. *Smile

Brink, Nov 23, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Ahhh.... I didn't think of trying that because I keep Start in full screen mode.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop - Similar Threads - Shortcuts Metro Apps

2. Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop: I can't seem to find a way to add/copy files or anything on my desktop. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appsfilesshortcuts-on-desktop/d338707b-6d03-4f18-a946-c8752a813215
  3. Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop: I can't seem to find a way to add/copy files or anything on my desktop. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appsfilesshortcuts-on-desktop/d338707b-6d03-4f18-a946-c8752a813215
  4. Metro Apps not installed

Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  5. desktop shortcuts replaced with apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop shortcuts replaced with apps: Woke this morning to find all my shortcuts have gone from the desktop they are still in the folder but they have been replaced by the apps... how do I change them back? windows 10...
  6. Shortcut Keys For Desktop Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut Keys For Desktop Apps: Im trying to use tvgamelauncher to seamlessly switch between monitors for when im racing and when im playing fps games so ive configured everything in the tvgamelauncher gui correctly and it all works however on my desktop shortcuts whatever shortcut key i make wont respond,...
  7. Metro Shortcuts fails to display all the shortcuts

Metro Shortcuts fails to display all the shortcuts: Hello all, I have installed a software which will place 4 shortcuts in Start Menu->Programs-> <Vendor folder>. But i could see only 1 shortcut as metro shortcut. Where as if i open the file location, i could see all the 4 shortcuts in the location. For example, Bomgar...
  8. Metro markeplace and VLC desktop-app is down after a backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Metro markeplace and VLC desktop-app is down after a backup: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/metro-markeplace-and-vlc-desktop-app-is-down-after/6b8cad8f-a485-4a77-9628-7f07e904840c?tm=1467602478878 I have actually asked the TechNet but it seems no people there are available to answer me. Now...
  9. Metro Apps Problem

Metro Apps Problem: I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it? 35052
  10. Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps)

in Windows 10 Support
    Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps): Hi there If you want to pin Metro apps / standard apps to desktop / create a custom toolbar with these as CASACADABLE items it's fairly simple. I made a post way back in W8.1 about this --method still works - no reg hacks, XAML knowledge etc needed....