Windows 10: Should be able to register computers on website even when not locked into Microsoft Account

Discus and support Should be able to register computers on website even when not locked into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are usability issues that make it better to not log into my Windows 10 computers using a Windows Account. I have 3 computers and all have local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ithinktfiam, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Should be able to register computers on website even when not locked into Microsoft Account

There are usability issues that make it better to not log into my Windows 10 computers using a Windows Account. I have 3 computers and all have local administrator accounts not my windows account. I happened to notice the account screen and it had 2 computers, both with old names, from during setup. It also had three versions of the same smartphone that I no longer had. I deleted all five devices and tried to add the current 3. It wouldn't let me and said that I needed to log into the devices on that account. I'm not going to do that.

Is there a way to register the computers without being logged in on the account? If so, how? If not, when will you fix that poor decision?

:)

ithinktfiam, Jul 5, 2018

2. Should be able to register computers on website even when not locked into Microsoft Account

I've been there. If you go to that MS page, you'll see a link to "how to register a device". It takes you to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/help/add-more-devices. Now, read that page. Notice Step 2 on the W10 side "sign in with a Microsoft account
    instead". It provides zero information on registering a computer without being logged into an MS account.

ithinktfiam, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Andre for Directly, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Should be able to register computers on website even when not locked into Microsoft Account

Not able to login through Microsoft Account on Windows 10 computer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if the password entered is incorrect to language settings or caps lock might be turned on.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you able to login to the Microsoft account on the website?
    • Have you tried with a different keyboard?

I suggest you to make sure that Caps Lock is turned off. The email address should be spelled correctly and try to check the language which is used in the computer.

After typing the password. click and hold on the eye symbol which is displayed in the password. Check if you have entered the correct password.

Try to login to the Microsoft Account on the website and check if you are able to do so.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Should be able to register computers on website even when not locked into Microsoft Account

1. Should be able to register computers on website even when not locked into Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Should able register

2. User account is disabled when locking the computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account is disabled when locking the computer: I have a lab with 10 VMs and 1 domain server. One of the virtual machines has its user account disabled every time I lock the computer or close the remote connection. All VMs have the same domain policy. Do you have any idea what might be happening?...
  3. Hello, i am not able to re-register my computer to my microsoft account and am not able to...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hello, i am not able to re-register my computer to my microsoft account and am not able to...: Hello, i am not able to re-register my computer to my microsoft account and am not able to sign in on my micrsoft account in my device's with windows. Kindly help please....
  4. Hello, i am not able to re-register my computer to my microsoft account and am not able to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i am not able to re-register my computer to my microsoft account and am not able to...: Hello, i am not able to re-register my computer to my microsoft account and am not able to sign in on my micrsoft account in my device's with windows. Kindly help please....
  5. Hello, i am not able to re-register my computer to my microsoft account and am not able to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Register device with Microsoft account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Register device with Microsoft account.: Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC? 175892
  7. Register device with Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Register device with Microsoft account.: Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC? 175892
  8. Registering Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registering Microsoft Account: This has to be a common problem. I am setting up a new computer with Microsoft. I do not live in the U.S. but my official address is in the States. That includes what I use for my U.S. bank account. I entered all billing info correctly. e.g. credit card #, etc. My credit...
  9. Dynamic Lock is locking when it should not

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dynamic Lock is locking when it should not: Hello, "dynamic lock" is configured with paired Galaxy A8. Sometimes the screen locks while I am reading a document and the phone is just standing beside the computer. Bluetooth is ON on both devices, phone appears as "paired" in Windows, and dynamic lock appears as...
  10. AutoPlay Security Concerns when Computer is even Locked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AutoPlay Security Concerns when Computer is even Locked?: With Windows 10, I dont know if this security issue is present or not by sticking in a CD/DVD or USB flash stick into a computer and malicius code can execute infecting the system. My question is, was this the thing of the past with older Windows versions before Windows...