Windows 10: Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine?

Discus and support Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine? I think it's upstairs neighbours and I don't get on with them KDL-32R433B. Which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hollyoaks777, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine?

Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine? I think it's upstairs neighbours and I don't get on with them KDL-32R433B. Which I googled and it's a Sony Smart TV. My Bluetooth has been turned on a few times without me!

:)

hollyoaks777, Jan 15, 2016

2. when should i be worried that i havent received any updates yet? samsung omnia 7.

Are you waiting for an update notice or have you tried plugging your phone into the Zune software and "checking for update"?

You could also check to see if there has been any changes to the update schedule for your phone/cell provider

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-world.aspx

Gary D. - WP7 Support, Jan 15, 2016
  3. when should i be worried that i havent received any updates yet? samsung omnia 7.

Im waiting for the message, its all set up to alert me. I've also plugged it into Zune, and it tells me im already up to date.

Been checking the update schedule, its been saying its being sent out for a few weeks. But still no update, is it because I have a Samsung omnia 7 and they had problems with samsungs? Cheers for any help

crushndevour, Jan 15, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine?

You have a wireless router, probably picking up the signal. Delete it. Nothing to do with Bluetooth and that is a bug in Windows 10 if showing in action center to the right on taskbar.

jds63, Jan 15, 2016
  5. I can't see it looking in my pc and devices and printers network and Internet ? it's when I was trying to add device I accidently clicked on it. Now I can't find it.

hollyoaks777, Jan 15, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    Can see by mine i have a Sony TV that has wireless device inside for connection to my router. If see it again delete it, not sure how to block it if it is coming from your neighbor, but only if you have a wireless router to pick it up.

Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine? [​IMG]

jds63, Jan 15, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
    Thinking about this is kind of strange, because to enable a TV to even pick up on your WiFi would mean you inputting your Router WEP key into the TV. This is needed to be done with all WiFi devices to connect to your router. Check with your ISP provider, to change to a better encryption.

You should use the strongest encryption that is compatible with your network. If your home network is compatible with WPA2 encryption, that should be your first choice. WPA2 provides the strongest protection among the three commonly-used encryptions. WPA should be your second choice if you have incompatibility issues with WPA2. WEP should be used if neither of the WPA encryption standards can be used.

jds63, Jan 15, 2016
  8. Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine?

Doesn't show in their can they hide it?

hollyoaks777, Jan 16, 2016
  9. Yeah that's why I am worried.

10. jds63 Win User
    As said it can only be used on your router by inputting the WEP Encryption key into the TV's setup for internet connection. If there is no type of encryption key for your router or as some call password then easy access to your router. If it disappeared i would not worry about it, if it reappears, right click and remove it. Check with your Internet service provider about the ability of changing encryption as i mentioned in that paragraph it is much safer encryption. This TV will be able to use internet for downloading updates and apps like Hulu, etc.... Must have a good WiFi signal to pick up others well.

jds63, Jan 16, 2016
  11. Yeah I have encryption thanks guys.

12. bro67 Win User
    It is because the neighbors have the tv set to allow second screen. Take a walk and introduce yourself to them, explain nicely that your computer is picking up their tv.

Allow them to let you show them how to lock the tv to not allow anyone from being able to connect to it.

A lot of people that get the Smart TV's, just plug them in and do not access the smart features, or may not know how to lock down guest access.

bro67, Jan 16, 2016
  13. jds63 Win User

Must recheck that one on mine again, in case.

jds63, Jan 16, 2016
  14. jds63 Win User
    Your Welcome, i tend to use the better encryption WAP2 myself, best protection.

jds63, Jan 16, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    That has nothing to do with the Smart TV using a Beacon to tell Miracast capable devices that it is available to stream to.

bro67, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Should I be worried I can see a smart device that is not mine? - Similar Threads - Should worried smart

2. should i be worried?(WindowsDefender)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    should i be worried?(WindowsDefender): Bevore goint to eat i started a fulls security scan, shortly after when i came back, normaly it takes about an hour, what now confuses me is that the antimalwareexecutable takes 16% of my cpu, and no scan is running, does anyone know what is happening? submitted by...
  3. Should I Be Worried

Should I Be Worried: I enabled memory integrity in Microsoft defender, then I restarted my pc to enable it but then when I booted it up Microsoft said it had blocked something, should I be worried? P.S I cant find the notification again so I don't know what it is. submitted by /u/Totogogo505...
  4. Should i be worried?

Should i be worried?: Apologies for bad English, So,some month ago I accidentally downloaded a virus on my windows 10 PC and i got rid of it after some times,but today I noticed that my PC had an app called Walliant on it,I googled the name and i learned that there is a virus version of this app...
  5. Should I worry ?

Should I worry ?: Processing img gcbd5uhlh3361... submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6dipi/should_i_worry/
  6. Should I worry?

Should I worry?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lannisterprince [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1j4jk/should_i_worry/
  7. Should I be worries?

Should I be worries?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlexanHugh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5i3i0/should_i_be_worries/
  8. Uhh... Should I be worried?

Uhh... Should I be worried?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NebulaSW [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwv6we/uhh_should_i_be_worried/
  9. Should I be worried?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I be worried?: On to my desktop computer's display has appeared an odd icon. It is grey tone, size as start menu icons, crossed speaker picture in center. Can not capture it by printscreen key or picture scrab tool. It is left side of screen and moves vertically three steps up and down. I...
  10. SFC errors. Should I worry?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC errors. Should I worry?: Hi I ran sfc scan now and there were problems it could not resolve. I looked at the CBS log but it made little sense to me. However, the PC seems to running perfectly fine so should I bother addressing the SFC problems? 100591