Windows 10: Should I change my User Accounts to desktops?

Discus and support Should I change my User Accounts to desktops? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Possibly in Windows XP when it was installed, in order to have several desktops, dealing with various subjects, I simply created a whole bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by richard2277, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Should I change my User Accounts to desktops?

Hi. Possibly in Windows XP when it was installed, in order to have several desktops, dealing with various subjects, I simply created a whole bunch of User Accounts. So, I changed user accounts to get to the desktop I wanted.

Now that I have Windows10, is there an advantage to using the New Desktop feature? I'd just have one user account then. Thanks.

Edit: I'm using Fences to sort my desktops.

Edit: Also, my data, which shows up in my desktops is stored on a separate partition from C drive.

:)

richard2277, Nov 7, 2015

2. Can't open File Explorer Shortcut on Taskbar or in Start Menu

I went to the link you provided and I checked my user account but I couldn't see anything in there about accessing my file explorer. I even set up a microsoft account but still nothing changed. Can you be more specific on what I should look for or change
    on my user account?

Jeffreynair89, Nov 7, 2015
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Change User Folder Name - New Win 10

Change a local account to a Microsoft account under Settings / Accounts, read that page carefully and you should see an optional link to change to a Microsoft account.

To delete user accounts generally I would go to Control Panel / User accounts, manage another user account and select the account you want to delete and on its page you should see 'Delete account' link.

'Mike P, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Should I change my User Accounts to desktops?

Welcome to the forums Richard 2277. I would recommend you try it as it seems to do what you need it to. Should be quicker than logging off and on.

Dude, Nov 7, 2015
  5. Hi. Thanks for the welcome. Yes, logging in and logging off is a nuisance. I should give it a try on one desktop and see what I get from an experience. If I have any problems creating the desktop I'll post here.

richard2277, Nov 7, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Should I change my User Accounts to desktops?

1. Should I change my User Accounts to desktops? - Similar Threads - Should change User

2. Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...: Should a user PC account be replaced with a new user account periodically? My login is slow, could that be due to a problem/problems with my user account?...
  3. Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...: Should a user PC account be replaced with a new user account periodically? My login is slow, could that be due to a problem/problems with my user account?...
  4. Should a PC user account be replaced with a new user account periodically or is there a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. After i changed my Microsoft account to another Microsoft account in user settings, changed...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After i changed my Microsoft account to another Microsoft account in user settings, changed...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/shayanshady [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfh68g/after_i_changed_my_microsoft_account_to_another/
  6. How do I change my user's default account.

How do I change my user's default account.: So when I'm trying to log-in to the new Microsoft Edge it asks for a PIN I haven't set so then I go to settings to change the PIN but its using a different account than the one I want to sign-in to, but, the account is set as a default account so I cant change it and I don't...
  7. Changing users on my desktop

Changing users on my desktop: How do I change my user access on my desktop, I am currently logged in as a visitor however I now want to log in under my own user name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-users-on-my-desktop/37ac588c-555b-4391-968d-fea956578248
  8. user account change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    user account change: Ok, hoping someone can help me. i was in process of adding my kids to the pc so they can log into the school website for the homework. now, somehow, the account i am actually on (which is mine) changed the user log on as my sons, meaning his name now has all the software...
  9. should I use a standard user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    should I use a standard user account?: Is it still recommended to do your daily tasks in a non-administrator user account, or is that obsolete advice in windows 8-10? 43250
  10. What User Account should I use for PC to be sold

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What User Account should I use for PC to be sold: Glad we could help Greg.