Windows 10: Should I delete this folder in the Registry

Discus and support Should I delete this folder in the Registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have uninstalled Setpoint with Advanced Uninstaller but though it supposedly cleans up the Registry afterwards, it actually doesn't. While in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maggidon, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Maggidon Win User

Should I delete this folder in the Registry

I have uninstalled Setpoint with Advanced Uninstaller but though it supposedly cleans up the Registry afterwards, it actually doesn't.
    While in the Registry, I typed "Setpoint" under Find and it brings me to this particular Folder. In it, I see several things regarding Setpoint. My questions is, should I delete just the material in this Folder or should I delete the whole Folder. I'll give a screenshot of what I mean. Hopefully this helps.

Should I delete this folder in the Registry [​IMG]

:)

Maggidon, Jul 13, 2016
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Should I delete these corrupt looking folders in registry?

"By no means do I subscribe to the "If it's not broke fix it until it is" school of thought,"

I guess that means you have no regard for Murphy's Law either.

You know there is a risk and are willing to take it. Go for it . It's not life threatening.

BossDweeb, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Should I delete these corrupt looking folders in registry?

Hello,

Manually deleting files on the registry could cause even greater issues with your system if not done correctly. Instead of deleting these folders, we suggest to utilize the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted system files. Feel
    free to check out this link from our support website for more information
    and steps regarding System File Checker.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Jul 13, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jul 13, 2016
  5. Maggidon Win User
    I have CCleaner aboard but should I delete that Folder or should I just delete the stuff in it?

Maggidon, Jul 13, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would say you could delete the folder.

NavyLCDR, Jul 13, 2016
  7. Maggidon Win User
    Thank you for your assistance. It is much appreciated.

Maggidon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Should I delete this folder in the Registry - Similar Threads - Should delete folder

2. I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor It was the Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor It was the Microsoft folder: and now my screen is black but it powers on.What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-a-folder-in-the-registry/0dd7c4f7-a1e3-4af0-a71b-e8afac3419c6
  3. which duplicate folder should I delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which duplicate folder should I delete: I all of a sudden am getting my folders duplicated, so now I two folders one with a 1 after and one without a 1 behind it. Which one should I delete, I have many folders...
  4. which duplicate folder should I delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which duplicate folder should I delete: I all of a sudden am getting my folders duplicated, so now I two folders one with a 1 after and one without a 1 behind it. Which one should I delete, I have many folders...
  5. I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows DefenderI deleted the end file - Windows DefenderWas that file important? I think it was. Is there a way to get that data back in case something bad happens to my PC for deleting it?Can anyone help me as I don't have a...
  6. I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows DefenderI deleted the end file - Windows DefenderWas that file important? I think it was. Is there a way to get that data back in case something bad happens to my PC for deleting it?Can anyone help me as I don't have a...
  7. Should I delete OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I delete OneDrive Folder: Hi. I messed up my OneDrive so bad, I couldn't do anything with it. I want to start over and set it up correctly before I start using it again. At OneDrive.com I unlinked the pc and unlinked the account. Then I closed OneDrive on my computer and uninstalled OneDrive via...
  8. Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps: just wondering cuz i hav ALOT OF UNNECCESARY FILE/FOLDERS IN THE REGISTRY EDITOR. It's not an issue.... but recently there was an error cuz the app i was trying to install, the old files were cuz interfering with the new files for the app in the registry. So can anyone tell...
  9. Should I delete a folder called Windows.old ??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I delete a folder called Windows.old ??: Acer laptop, i3 CPU, M 370, 2.40GHz, 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM, 320GB HDD Win10 x 64, Home, 1903, 24-06-2019, 18362.356 Another looong update 10-09-2019 or thereabouts 284GB occupied, 94GB free on HDD Regular cCleaner and Auslogics defrag keep it all running as OK as can be...
  10. Deleted entire registry folder.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted entire registry folder.: So I was messing around with the pc and I found the registry. I deleted one of the folders which was Hkey_Local_Machine. After that I try to open safari and it said no memory. Then my pc shut down and went to automatic repair. The log file said:...