Windows 10: Should I get Antivirus?

Discus and support Should I get Antivirus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm just wondering is it enough to have Windows 10 built in Windows Defender, or should I get 3rd party Antivirus? I mean is that Defender full... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ditendra, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Ditendra Win User

Should I get Antivirus?

Hi, I'm just wondering is it enough to have Windows 10 built in Windows Defender, or should I get 3rd party Antivirus? I mean is that Defender full functioning Antivirus or it's just for some malware/spyware and etc?

:)

Ditendra, Dec 8, 2016
  2. zdub---01 Win User

Should I get an E63?

Hey! Thanks so much everyone for answering my questions! I really appreciate it!

Well, despite the technical area, what I got out of the posts we have here is that E63 really steps up to user's needs/comfort for how much it costs. And it's got a QWERTY keyboard and works with wifi. So I think I'll have to get one when I go back to school.
    (Ugh, so much for buying textbooks Should I get Antivirus? :p) I really am getting sick of my Blackberry - I've dropped it too many times and it's just not a pleasure to use anymore.

Thanks again! You guys are really helpful!

zdub---01, Dec 8, 2016
  3. shadis4 Win User
    what should i get??????

Well your right.

shadis4, Dec 8, 2016
  4. Should I get Antivirus?

Good common sense and good browsing habit then Defender is good. But if you're some that always reckless, than you might consider something else beside Defender such as ESET, Kaspersky, BitDefender, etc.....

RubberDucky, Dec 8, 2016
  5. Manigue Win User
    I dumped AVG on my PC and laptop after seven years, a yearly savings of $60.+USD. Been using Windows Defender and MalwareBytes for the last 6 month without any problem. Defender is a full Antivirus. Many forum members are also using Defender and MalwareBytes only.

Manigue, Dec 8, 2016
  6. Even enterprises are now migrating to what's called SCEP, which is basically Windows Defender.
    Just Google it, SCEP Windows Defender and you'll see a lot about it.
    Just do not engage in bad browsing habits, and more importantly, keep your system up to date with security patches as well.

For additional layered protection, you can enable Device Guard and Secure Boot.

win10freak, Dec 10, 2016
  7. I don't think it is advisable to a 3rd party antivirus. You may want to always update the Windwos Defender and you're fine. Just wondering why you may want to install another antivirus. Are you not that satisfied with Defender?

lorencemerk23, Dec 13, 2016
  8. Ditendra Win User

Should I get Antivirus?

Oh no, just was wondering if it's Antivirus or just only anti-malware thing.

Ditendra, Dec 13, 2016
  9. swarfega Win User
    Why's that? The well known Anti Virus products are ok.

I am currently using Avast Free. I have to make sure my av software is reliable because of my work. If a company I'm checking goes bust or changes their name and sell's their old domain and is then bought by unscrupulous types, then I need to be sure the software I use will catch it. So currently I'm using Avast and Malwarebytes 3 (lifetime license).

swarfega, Dec 13, 2016
  10. AV covers everything these days, a standalone anti-malware to supplement AV is no longer necessary.
    Actually even Malwarebytes anti-malware has just turned into AV, the name causes confusion though.

Most of well known brands are spying worse than MS and Google combined and selling gathered data to 3rd parties.

TairikuOkami, Dec 13, 2016
  11. I only use Defender and it does the job
    Just keep it updated and scan when it wants to

hTconeM9user, Dec 13, 2016
  12. swarfega Win User
    Unfortunately thats how it goes these days. The OS you're using is spying on you.

swarfega, Dec 13, 2016
  13. carls2006 Win User

Should I get Antivirus?

Hard to say who should or shouldnt use another A.V for protection.. I thought i was a safe p.c. user and well, Crap got thru into my laptop.. And this was after i quit using Avast FREE. I dumped avast free as they and other's are getting worse with their products- with their spying on our usage.. and what i call crap.
    If your not sure if you need a better A.V - You could try using SpywareBlaster For added security .Its a down load and forget program except for manual updating.. BUT !!! it will not work with Edge browser. But i dont use edge..

carls2006, Dec 23, 2016
  14. Ditendra Win User
    I decided to stick with 360 Total Security. So far no complaints.

Ditendra, Dec 23, 2016
  15. carls2006 Win User
    Im using Norton Security Deluxe

carls2006, Dec 23, 2016
Thema:

Should I get Antivirus?

1. Should I get Antivirus? - Similar Threads - Should Antivirus

2. How Should The Installed Microsoft Antivirus React After Downloading An Eicar Test...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Should The Installed Microsoft Antivirus React After Downloading An Eicar Test...: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,How should the installed Microsoft antivirus react after downloading an Eicar test file?,because in my case, every Eicar test file can be fully downloaded and installed and explored.My installed Microsoft antivirus is actually leaving them all...
  3. What antivirus should i get for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What antivirus should i get for my laptop?: Hello, I need help getting a antivirus program for my Windows 10 laptop, I would like it to have the following: Anti-Bloatware Anti-Run on startup (Some spyware can run on startup even if everything that runs on startup is disabled in settings) Anti-Spyware Anti-Malware...
  4. Antivirus vendors should be held accountable for their false-positives and the impacts

Antivirus vendors should be held accountable for their false-positives and the impacts: Hello, I have tried to create windows desktop application in both .NET 4 and .NET 5 using visual studio and sharpdevelop, but even with a new form, the debug exe is always detected as a Trojan by antivirus software like Bitdefender. I wrote on their forums yesterday but...
  5. Should I take my windows 10 out of s mode to install another antivirus?

Should I take my windows 10 out of s mode to install another antivirus?: I bought webroot had it before and didn't know I would be asked to change permanently something on my computer to install it. I guess if I take this off of s mode on my computer I can't get it back on it. Not sure what to do now. I should have an antivirus shouldn't I? and...
  6. Should i be worried about empty, inaccessible antivirus folders?

Should i be worried about empty, inaccessible antivirus folders?: [ATTACH] I noticed some "empty" folders from antivirus that I never installed on my computer (not counting Malwarebytes), should I worry about these folders? I am uploading 2 screenshots, the second screenshot shows "You do not currently have permission to access this...
  7. Anti virus protection on this Hp Windows 10, I also have Norton antivirus should I run both?

Anti virus protection on this Hp Windows 10, I also have Norton antivirus should I run both?: Antivirus protections however some items on this computer stops. I can not run and I am lost. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus-protection-on-this-hp-windows-10-i-also/7d5a8354-3185-41d6-98e1-6e5f89e1eb02
  8. I get these notifications even though I have an antivirus on. Should I just disable the...

I get these notifications even though I have an antivirus on. Should I just disable the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TANMAN844 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enw0xz/i_get_these_notifications_even_though_i_have_an/
  9. Should I use McAfee antivirus program or Windows Defender?

Should I use McAfee antivirus program or Windows Defender?: I don't know what Windows Defender is about so I bought McAfee antivirus program. Please help me understand what is best, as I'm a retired person with fixed income and I don't know much about computer. I use a laptop. I was scammed once and paid hundred of dollars. That's why...
  10. Should I ditch antivirus and just use Windows Defender?

Should I ditch antivirus and just use Windows Defender?: I use Avast and MBAM. AdwCleaner from time time. I only have MBAM on my MacBook. Should I ditch Avast and use the inbuilt Windows Defender? Thing is, I don’t trust the inbuilt one enough to actually be effective. Will I get a performance gain doing this? 120725