Windows 10: Should I increase the power limit of my video card or decrease it?

Discus and support Should I increase the power limit of my video card or decrease it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My video card driver has been crashing recently and I wanted to test if increasing the power limit or decreasing it would help. Which one should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pongu, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Pongu Win User

Should I increase the power limit of my video card or decrease it?

My video card driver has been crashing recently and I wanted to test if increasing the power limit or decreasing it would help. Which one should I do? My Card is an rx 460 4gb and doesn't have a 6 pin connector and runs only off of the pci-e slot.

:)

Pongu, Dec 16, 2016

2. Sound volume decreases

When I use Music and Video app my sound volume after a while decreases its volume to 0 (to vibration). If I push increase volume sometimes it shows that it constantly decreases value, and after a while I can increase again, in 30s it start decreases again.
    What is wrong? Only music and video app is loaded.

Kanstantsin Kartavenka, Dec 16, 2016
  3. bhavin915 Win User
    increase or decrease the volume of music

I have nokia Lumia 520 phone. When I play any song in music playet

and try to make changes in volume either increase or decrease

then actually there is no effect. The song will continue

to play with same sound.

bhavin915, Dec 16, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

bobkn, Dec 16, 2016
  5. Pongu Win User
    I've used Furmark before but I only ran the preset one at 1080p. The card hit 61 at max but finished. Is there something else I should be doing with Furmark?

Pongu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Should I increase the power limit of my video card or decrease it? - Similar Threads - Should increase power

2. my storage is decreasing and increasing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my storage is decreasing and increasing: okay this is weird when i opened my laptop this morning i saw thag storage has decreased 6gb but i didnt install anything 15 minutes passed i check again and i see that from 254gb i come to 265gb while doing nothing...
  3. my storage is decreasing and increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my storage is decreasing and increasing: okay this is weird when i opened my laptop this morning i saw thag storage has decreased 6gb but i didnt install anything 15 minutes passed i check again and i see that from 254gb i come to 265gb while doing nothing...
  4. my storage is decreasing and increasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease.: When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease and when I increase to max it shows black screen and again when I decrease for maxblack screen it is showing very low brightness.video of my...
  6. When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease.: When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease and when I increase to max it shows black screen and again when I decrease for maxblack screen it is showing very low brightness.video of my...
  7. Increase/decrease levels of text in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase/decrease levels of text in PowerPoint: In Powerpoint, to increase/decrease the current line of text to the next higher/lower level I have 2 options:1. Click to the left of the line and then press Tab / Shift-Tab2. On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the Increase/Decrease list level buttonFor a few...
  8. Increase/decrease levels of text in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase/decrease levels of text in PowerPoint: In Powerpoint, to increase/decrease the current line of text to the next higher/lower level I have 2 options:1. Click to the left of the line and then press Tab / Shift-Tab2. On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the Increase/Decrease list level buttonFor a few...
  9. Video card power but fans not turning.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video card power but fans not turning.: If a modern video card is inserted into a motherboard's PCIe slot, and connected to power, but NOT connected to a screen, shouldn't its fans be spinning? Or would it sense that it was unable to output a signal and not fully turn on? The computer is on, of course, with the...
  10. I can't increase or decrease brigthness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I can't increase or decrease brigthness: Hello everyone!. I've read a lot issues about this problem. In my case all Fn keys works but the keys related with increase/decrease brightness doesn't works. Also I tried change the brightness by ows options but the problem continues. Here my pc details: Samsung...