Windows 10: Should i Install Drivers Manually or leave Windows Update do it ?

Discus and support Should i Install Drivers Manually or leave Windows Update do it ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys im about to reinstall windows 10 on my Lenovo Laptop ,so i want to know about the drivers, should i manually install them or leave windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xhemal1325, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Should i Install Drivers Manually or leave Windows Update do it ?

Hi guys im about to reinstall windows 10 on my Lenovo Laptop ,so i want to know about the drivers, should i manually install them or leave windows update do it ?

:)

xhemal1325, Oct 5, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Should I update or leave it

If your system is currently stable and working as expected, then skip this installation, this might be a bug in the Intel Driver Update Utility as there is no way it should suggest rolling back to an older version . . .

DaveM121, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Should I update or leave it

Computer - Acer TravelMate 4335 (LAPTOP)

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo

OS - Windows 10 RS2

I recently download Intel Driver Update Utility to see if any outdated driver can be updated. There it showed an update for Intel Chipset Device Software - Installed Version - 15.1.2.10 , Latest Version - 10.1.1.14 , so is this a software bug or should
    I update but the recent version is lower than the installed version. Kindly help me in deciding, I am also attaching the screen shot. Thanks

Should i Install Drivers Manually or leave Windows Update do it ? [​IMG]

Victor Viceor, Oct 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Should i Install Drivers Manually or leave Windows Update do it ?

Normally Windows will provide the drivers for your PC and update them appropriately. Exceptionally some people need to use e.g. older drivers for older PCs. As you've had Win 10 on your laptop, you should know whether you needed to take any special action.

Avoid 3rd party driver update tools- they are useful only in exceptional circumstances.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2016
  5. I just let Windows Update do it. Then, if I still have something that doesn't work, I'll go looking. So far I haven't had to go hunt anything up manually.

alphanumeric, Oct 6, 2016
  6. As mentioned, it depends, if you have problems, but basically Windows Update is dumb, talking about driver updates.
    Lets say Realtek Audio driver, there is a new one every 2 weeks, but the latest provided by Windows update is from 2015.
    On the other hand, it insists on installing the latest desktop AMD drivers, which results in a black screen on my Lenovo.
    I use Driver Easy Free for years, it finds drivers even Windows fails to find and helped me to solve some problems. *Smile

TairikuOkami, Oct 7, 2016
  7. Windows update only supplies the drivers the manufacturers submit to Microsoft. It doesn't go out and get any drivers from other sources. It can only supply what it has on hand. If a driver is out of date its because that manufacturer didn't submit a newer one to Microsoft for distribution. It's not Windows Update/Microsoft's fault that some drivers are old.

alphanumeric, Oct 7, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

One driver you should install(get from your OEMs site) is the one for your keyboard, so you can use the special "Fn" keys, and any additional keys that are not default for every other keyboard, such as LVT for Lenovo's Black Silk.

Cliff S, Oct 7, 2016
  9. topgundcp Win User
    Easiest way. Here's what I'd do: Backup all drivers from your current Windows:
    download Double Driver 4.1 Download - TechSpot
    is a portable version (no install) that you can backup all drivers and save them in a folder of USB stick/external HD. After performing new installation, run it again as Admin then restore everything from this folder then let Windows Updates doing its thing thereafter.
    NOTE: You can also create a folder to backup in the same Windows Installation Media (USB/DVD).

Should i Install Drivers Manually or leave Windows Update do it ? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 7, 2016
  10. TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Should i Install Drivers Manually or leave Windows Update do it ? - Similar Threads - Should Install Drivers

2. should i install this driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should i install this driver?: hello i have a question, there is a new update of graphics driver from intel driver support assistant, but they said before installing check manufacturers and then install it, i asked thempc is samsung galaxy book 3 pro 360 and samsung said ask microsoft about the update if...
  3. should i install this driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should i install this driver?: hello i have a question, there is a new update of graphics driver from intel driver support assistant, but they said before installing check manufacturers and then install it, i asked thempc is samsung galaxy book 3 pro 360 and samsung said ask microsoft about the update if...
  4. should i update the driver ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should i update the driver ?: but i read this section make me worry to update it,because maybe some trouble come when i finish the update, or i just stay with my driver laptop because last update is from windows 10 so i am confused...
  5. should i update the driver ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should i update the driver ?: but i read this section make me worry to update it,because maybe some trouble come when i finish the update, or i just stay with my driver laptop because last update is from windows 10 so i am confused...
  6. Should I manually update to 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I manually update to 2004?: This is mainly to utilise hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. Ive heard 2004 has quite a few bugs but is it worth updating? submitted by /u/FewCallMeXepher [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj8k2a/should_i_manually_update_to_2004/
  7. Should I update driver or not?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I update driver or not?: In Device Manager under Network Adapter I have the Realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller. The date of the driver is 9/4/2015 so it is quite an old driver but it states that "this device is working properly" and I'm having absolutely no issues or problems with it at all. Its a...
  8. How do I manually install an Intel graphics driver on Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I manually install an Intel graphics driver on Windows: I know this could be done, but I haven't talked to anyone about it in a long while. Intel is hiding it's drivers. Intel has not posted a driver for real in a couple years. The system I have now is a Dell Inspiron and Dell is the place Intel instructs me to send my trouble....
  9. Should I update or leave it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I update or leave it: Computer - Acer TravelMate 4335 (LAPTOP) Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo OS - Windows 10 RS2 I recently download Intel Driver Update Utility to see if any outdated driver can be updated. There it showed an update for Intel Chipset Device Software - Installed Version -...
  10. Should I set windows modules installer worker to manual?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I set windows modules installer worker to manual?: I saw that the process was going on and on for awhile, I have 32gb of ram and i use Windows defender now too. I was thinking of setting it to manual but would it be worth it since I use defender? 85359

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should i let auto install windows drivers or install them manually

2. do i need to install the manufacturers intel chipset driver

3. should i stick to windows update drivers?

4. should I update driver or let windows update do it,
  5. let windows download chipset driver or update manually