Windows 10: Should I install latest NVidia drivers from their website?

Discus and support Should I install latest NVidia drivers from their website? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Should I download and install the latest NVidia drivers from their website or just use whatever Windows Update installs? Or does Microsoft install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RPmtl, Apr 4, 2016.

1. RPmtl Win User

Should I install latest NVidia drivers from their website?

Should I download and install the latest NVidia drivers from their website or just use whatever Windows Update installs? Or does Microsoft install the same one?

I use the computer for digital image and video editing I don't do any gaming on this system. So any 'Game Ready' driver sounds like something designed for enhanced features I don't need and, in the case of the latest NVidia driver, caused serious system errors.

I stumbled upon a website that seems to confirm the latest driver is buggy.

Nvidia Users Beware, Latest Driver May Harm Your PC - Allegedly Plagued With Issues

:)

RPmtl, Apr 4, 2016

2. Screen brightness not working

Ahhh, is it a laptop with dual graphics? Like Intel+Nvidia?

You should be able to access the graphics settings from Device Manager, it should also list Nvidia in the Graphics cards there.

You can also try downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia, and then it should install the Nvidia software. ->

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Hope it helps!

Yasshiel Zhang, Apr 4, 2016
  3. BSOD & Kernel errors(system freeze), ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0

My driver was upto date(latest by NVidia). Should I install driver available on Lenovo site for my laptop to check.

And NVidia forums are not that good. There help is for uninstall drivers completely and then install them. Which I've already done.

Thanks

Preetam Daila, Apr 4, 2016
  4. Should I install latest NVidia drivers from their website?

Never use the updates from Windows Update. NEVER! Always go to the website and download from there, always. I had to downgrade my driver 364.72 as well, because Farm Sim wasn't running too well. I would keep driver 364.51 (or whatever the previous driver was) just to be on the safe side, until NVidia releases a stable update, then by all means, have at it. *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 4, 2016
  5. No. Always use your oem's nvidia drivers, not nvidia's website - for laptops!!!

Had BSODs driver power state failure all the time when i downloaded the newest driver from nvidia's website. Found an earlier driver from Toshiba's website from December, installed it and no issues.

Mikey5Aces, Apr 4, 2016
  6. I have always been told to use from website. Tom's Hardware, that's what it's called. *Smile

7. RPmtl Win User
    The last one that NVidia called a "GeForce Windows 10 Driver" was in July 29, 2015. Everything since then is called a "GeForce Game Ready Driver". Is that just a new marketing name to make the driver sound fancier. When drivers seem to be updated every few weeks it doesn't inspire confidence that any of them work properly.

Can anyone recommend something stable for a Geforce GTX 750 Ti ?

RPmtl, Apr 4, 2016
  8. Should I install latest NVidia drivers from their website?

Good thing, your in luck cause... I HAVE THE SAME THING MAN!!! *Biggrin I would suggest the previous driver BEFORE 364.72, it worked for me great or the previous one before that one, anything older is going too far. *really

Hope this helps you any. Try the 2 previous drivers before 364.72 *Smile

9. You've been told wrong. Spent days and days in the debugging forum with all the BSOD's and 1 of the experts also said to use your manufacturer driver updates - they are fit to run more stable with your laptop. And as I mentioned, no issues since installing a December nvidia driver update from Toshiba.

Mikey5Aces, Apr 4, 2016
  10. Oh, :| I guess I should STOP listening to Tom's Hardware about that stuff. Thank you so much! I will go reinstall my oem's driver and see if that fixes my Farm Sim problem

AND @RPmtl --> scratch what I said. Find your oem driver disc and install that back into your system. Uninstall you current and then install the oem driver. Remember to do a CUSTOM installation and "Perform a clean installation" and there you go. STABLE! *Smile

11. flybynite Win User
    Most of the driver updates are usually for something unrelated to what you are doing. If you install Windows 10, and the driver from Windows update works fine for you, there is usually no reason to update unless you are like me, and do it just because it is there.

flybynite, Apr 4, 2016
  12. Me too! *Biggrin

Edit: So when do I get the green "Member" logo under my name? *Think

13. Should I install latest NVidia drivers from their website?

Hope it works, let me know. I just go to Toshiba's laptop driver page, enter my model number and it lists all the newest and few month old driver updates. Just today I noticed watching youtube videos the sound was very staticky. I installed a DTS Sound update from the Toshiba website and it fixed it. Trust me, those OEM drivers and updates are your friend.

Mikey5Aces, Apr 4, 2016
  14. Ah ok, what about a custom build? Still use the oem driver disc that came with the card?

P.S. When do I get my green "Member" tag under my name? *Think

15. Hmmm, that might start getting dicey if you are custom building. I would still say yes but don't quote me lol.

Yeah I was wondering why you don't have the green member tag. I would think you should have it by now. Maybe pm an expert or mod cause you should have it.

Mikey5Aces, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

Should I install latest NVidia drivers from their website?

1. Should I install latest NVidia drivers from their website? - Similar Threads - Should install latest

2. should i install this driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should i install this driver?: hello i have a question, there is a new update of graphics driver from intel driver support assistant, but they said before installing check manufacturers and then install it, i asked thempc is samsung galaxy book 3 pro 360 and samsung said ask microsoft about the update if...
  3. should i install this driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should i install this driver?: hello i have a question, there is a new update of graphics driver from intel driver support assistant, but they said before installing check manufacturers and then install it, i asked thempc is samsung galaxy book 3 pro 360 and samsung said ask microsoft about the update if...
  4. RDPserver Colors is corrupted with NVidia latest drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RDPserver Colors is corrupted with NVidia latest drivers: Hello, I've been using RDP and since the last NVidia update for my RTX 2070 Super the 471.11 driver version, also reproduces with 471.22When I connecting to my PC with this card and driver from Ipad and another Win10 laptop colors is smashed When I installing previous driver...
  5. Can't install Latest Nvidia Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't install Latest Nvidia Driver: Hi, I'm having a problem installing the latest nvidia driver (456.71) on a clean install of Windows. System specs are: Dell Precision T1600 Windows 10 x64 version 2004 (build 19041.572) All updates applied. CPU: Intel Xeon E31270 @ 3.4 GHz 16 GB DDR3 RAM Nvidia GeForce...
  6. Problems with latest Nvidia Geforce drivers and DRM?

Problems with latest Nvidia Geforce drivers and DRM?: Has anybody else noticed problems playing DRM content since updating to the latest Nvidia Geforce v456 drivers? A few catch up TV programs I use now refuse to play anything due to DRM errors. I see Nvidia released a new driver today and I have tried that but I have the same...
  7. Install Nvidia driver from USB with cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install Nvidia driver from USB with cmd: Greetings everyone. My windows won't boot as of lately, thanks to dxgkrnl.sys As much as I have found put that could be caused by a corrupt Nvidia driver. Now I get a blue screen when I want to boot. Now the question is how can I install the driver from my usb stick onto my...
  8. nVidia driver not installing

nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  9. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  10. Latest NVIDIA drivers keep crashing and recovering

Latest NVIDIA drivers keep crashing and recovering: GT610 and windows 10 latest drivers, was in firefox and chose print preview and got a black screen shortly followed by a banner saying the graphics driver had crashed and recovered. Also brought firefox to its knees as it also crashed. Repeated the previous steps and it was...