Windows 10: Should i keep win 8 or win 10 that is full of bugs?

Discus and support Should i keep win 8 or win 10 that is full of bugs? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys. I was wondering. Should i keep win 10 or rollback to 8.1 pro. I have recently upgraded to 10 and it has a lot of bugs. The biggest error that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CuriousOne, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Should i keep win 8 or win 10 that is full of bugs?

Hey guys. I was wondering. Should i keep win 10 or rollback to 8.1 pro. I have recently upgraded to 10 and it has a lot of bugs. The biggest error that bothers me is that my pointer is constantly freezing. I have tried everything, still no fix. I cant play a game, i cant browse on the internet that good because i click by mistake on random websites due to pointer freezing. Will MS fix this? Write down your opinion. Thanks!

:)

CuriousOne, Aug 29, 2015
  2. DL_77 Win User

Which licence am I using?

Basically my asus laptop came with win 8, but gave me problems.

So I erased the recovery partition to clean install with win 7 which is a full retail version that I bought years ago. I had since activated it online.

Fast forward to last year, I upgraded my OS to win 10 via win 7, then did a clean full installation from scratch. During the clean installation, the OS activation did not prompt me as it picked up my product key automatically.

Now the question is: since my os product key can be picked up automatically whenever I do clean installation, does it mean it was taken from my UEFI bios? In this case, the key that Microsoft picked up from my laptop actually belongs to win 8, and not my win
    7?

Because if it took from win 8, it means my win 7 can still be used for another activation of win 10?

This is crucial for me because time is running up to get free windows 10. I should have 2 licences win 8 and win 7, and I want to maximise them for 2 x win 10 licences.

Thanks in advance.

DL_77, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 - should I keep my Bitdefender or use Win 10 security ?

You're welcome Should i keep win 8 or win 10 that is full of bugs? :)

Glad to have helped by supplying some informational links Should i keep win 8 or win 10 that is full of bugs? :)

Jsssssssss, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

Should i keep win 8 or win 10 that is full of bugs?

A clean install of Windows 10 might fix things, getting rid of old Windows 8.1 drivers, etc. Now that you have done an upgrade, a clean install of Windows 10 will activate.

Antilope, Aug 29, 2015
  5. magilla Win User
    The problem with that is that the clean install removes many, many programs that have to be reinstalled, which work flawlessly under Windows 8.1 and do not work so well under 10 Pro --- even though the upgrade information provided by MS says all are compatible! I like so much about Windows 10, and I think it is a winner but not yet. I used it for a month after RTM, and had multiple problems. Most difficult for me to reconcile was the periodic 'freezing' of the Windows 10 program that would last for 1 minute to 4 or 5 minutes. During that time, no data could be processed from any program installed, including browsers.

magilla, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Antilope Win User
    A rollback doesn't work for some. A clean install may have to be done with Windows 8.1 or 10 anyway. Once you start experimenting with Windows installs, nothing is assured. You had better have a backup, install media for your previous Windows or install media for Windows 10. Otherwise, you may be stuck.

Antilope, Aug 29, 2015
  7. magilla Win User
    Yes, I am well acquainted with rollback failure. I used a backup of windows 8.1 to recoup my computer after a failure of rollback with windows 10. I will continue to be an insider and - as I have said - I do like 10. I am staying on 8.1 until 10 looks more stable. I am using 10 on a laptop to type this. It is more stable on this computer, however, when I do a cold start, it takes two times to get the Windows 10 program up and running. That shouldn't happen. Once started, the programs run without problems. What is keeping the computer from starting up and fully loading? I suspect it is the touchpad driver but uninstalling and reinstalling it and different older versions has proven inconsistent results.

magilla, Aug 29, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

Pretty much all of the major bugs are gone. Still there is the issue that some browsers do not play videos correctly on some websites that use Flash.

The only weird bug that I had today, was that instead of the normal Multi-Function printer icon that I get for my Brother Laser, I had a Folder icon. Instead of playing around to fix, I just did an uninstall and reinstalled the software.

When I did the install the second time, was do an upgrade, but have it remove all settings, etc, from the Windows 8.1 install. Had no issues that way.

My wife & I hammered the OS to death the first two weeks when 10 was released. We pulled it and then I decided last week to go ahead and try it again, with no issues like the first week had.

bro67, Aug 29, 2015
  9. gator2013 Win User
    Do you have a system image backup of your 8.1 Pro prior to the conversion to W10? If not and you are totally dependent on a successful rollback to 8.1 I think you are shaky ground because there is no guarantee that the rollback will be 100% successful. And even if the rollback seems successful it doesn't necessarily mean there will not be some glitches. I had a successful rollback to 8.1 on a 6 mo HP Notebook but I was surprised to see that the W10 download was still on board in it's entirety and ready to start installation with one click of the mouse. Rather than manually clearing things out I simply reloaded a system image (Macrium) from a couple of days before the W10 download/installation then immediately uninstalled KB3035583. Of course I hid KB3035583 when it showed up again with the next update check. I guess I could have reloaded my w8.1 image from the start but I wanted to see how the rollback feature worked and it did OK except for the items I mentioned.

In the absence of a backup system image I'm not sure what to recommend. I rolled back my notebook to 8.1 because of persistent errors after almost 4 weeks of use.

gator2013, Aug 29, 2015
  10. AddRAM Win User
    It`s not 10, it`s a botched upgrade or a bad driver, try to update the mouse driver through device manager or uninstall it altogether and run windows update, a mouse pointer should not be jumping around.

Did you add any software for this mouse ?

What mouse is it ? It`s not listed in your specs.

AddRAM, Aug 29, 2015
  11. I am.not using a mouse. Simply the touchpad of the laptop. I shall try uninstall the driver and run an update for it. Simply trying to update the existing driver didnt solve anything

CuriousOne, Aug 29, 2015
  12. I do have a system image of win 10 that i just created the other day. Could you post a link of how to do a clean install and how i should fix my windows. Im sorry for asking this, but i am kinda devastated, with all this windows 10 problems. They are so annoying...

CuriousOne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Should i keep win 8 or win 10 that is full of bugs? - Similar Threads - Should keep full

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  5. Should i switch to win 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should i switch to win 10?: So I need to get a new windows license because my win 8.1 pro is expiring. I didnt have any issue with it whatsoever . Should I even get win 10? I mostly play video games and people tell me that it's better yet I still see people on the internet complaining about random...
  6. Should I upgrade to win 10 from win 8.1?

Should I upgrade to win 10 from win 8.1?: I think most answers are YES, but my only concern is , my hardware specification is not so high and I am not going to upgrade it because I am not an enthusiasists Will it consume more RAM or other resources like consuming the battery faster after upgrade? This is a laptop...
  7. Bug Full Screen win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug Full Screen win 10: Sorry for english I'm using the translator So when I open the game in full screen some parts of the game are giving some transparent bugs as the image shows ... I tried to update and reinstall the drivers but it did not work... [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Win 10 not activating with Win 8 key? Should this work?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 not activating with Win 8 key? Should this work?: So the story goes; my motherboard gave up the ghost on my old system so I have basically built a new system. I installed Win 8.1 pro on it as this is what I was previously using and quickly realised that my new hardware did not support earlier than Win 10. I had no internet...
  9. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418
  10. Should I upgrade to Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade to Win 10?: Hey guys! So I dont know if this is the place to put this but I am kind of on the fence regarding Windows 10. I have heard some messed up stuff about spying, making an Account just so Microsoft knows what advertisements send to me. One of the reasons I never opted into...