Windows 10: should i now clean install

Discus and support should i now clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; evening guys, question for you all am using 10240 as an insider should I now do a clean install or just leave it running as it is , only with all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by calrob, Jul 29, 2015.

1. calrob Win User

should i now clean install

evening guys, question for you all am using 10240 as an insider should I now do a clean install or just leave it running as it is , only with all the downloads and updates since day 1 i,ve accumulated 86gb used on my hard drive out of 234gb
    if so what product key do I use if I download the iso,and finally what is windows 10proN===THANKS bob

:)

calrob, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Should i upgrade or clean install windows 10?

There is absolutely no doubt that a clean install is superior to an upgrade. The great advantage of a clean install is that you get a fresh start.

Once you've been using your computer for a while and making configuration changes, installing and removing software, and generally exploring your computer, it is inevitable that mistakes and problems creep in. It happens to everyone (and especially to the
    'computer people' who love to tinker with their systems.) When you upgrade, all those mistakes and problems get carried forward. When you do a clean install, you're starting over.

Before you think of an upgrade or a clean install, it's vitally important to know whether or not all your hardware is supported on Windows 10. If your hardware is not supported, it most likely will not work properly or at all on Windows 10.

A clean install is more difficult than an upgrade, which is difficult enough on its own. Installing a new operating system, whether by upgrade or clean install, is perhaps the scariest and most technically difficult thing you can do to a computer. It requires
    a lot of preparation.

All that said, a properly performed clean install on supported hardware is a 'can't miss.' Windows 10 will install correctly the first time.

BulldogXX, Jul 29, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Depends on whether you wish to remain in the Insider program.

I chose to exit the program, so I had to restore 8.1 (from a drive image) and install 10 as an upgrade over that. I downloaded a fresh copy of the upgrader as an .iso. The upgrade doesn't require a key, and you won't receive one. there's a link here as to how to get the .iso:

Microsoft Delivers Windows 10 on ISO - Thurrott.com

here is the MS link:

Windows 10

Incidentally, once you have installed and activated the upgrade once, you can clean install the free upgrade on the same hardware and it'll activate.

The "N" versions are for Europe, where MS has agreed not to bundle some multimedia components.

bobkn, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. should i now clean install - Similar Threads - should clean install

2. Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL?: Greetings, Recently purchased a new Mini PC. This is my 3rd from Beelink but it had something different going on. When I first booted, I was not greeted with the Windows setup procedure. Instead some sort of user environment already existed. An app (or something)...
  3. Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL?

in Windows 10 Support
    Am I the only user or ADMIN on this PC? Should I CLEAN INSTALL?: Greetings, Recently purchased a new Mini PC. This is my 3rd from Beelink but it had something different going on. When I first booted, I was not greeted with the Windows setup procedure. Instead some sort of user environment already existed. An app (or something)...
  4. 2004, should it be installed by now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2004, should it be installed by now?: Hi I am running windows 10 pro, the build is 18363.997, version 1909 installed 12/06/2019 The 2004 update was showing on my computer for a few weeks saying my pc was not ready. then it became available but it did not install correctly. I have the following error messages...
  5. Clean install - now network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean install - now network issue: my sons PC has been getting very slow .... Dell E521 but no errors and no network issues. Decided to do a clean install of all. So used the Dell OS re-install to put in a clean install of XP-Professional Obviously first thing to do is to get network connectivity all OK...
  6. Should I upgrade now?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade now?: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I saw something similar here. Today I checked my upgrade window and saw that I could upgrade. I decided to upgrade later. About 10 minutes ago, I told my friends I was upgrading, and one of them said that it was horrible and nothing...
  7. Clean install now possible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install now possible?: Hi Guys, I upgraded from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool method. Can I now follow Brink's tutorial for a clean install, or did I have to use the Get Windows 10 App for a clean install to work? 10181
  8. Clean install now?

Clean install now?: My system (W7 64) is badly in need of a clean install but I was waiting until next month to do it with W10. However, it is quickly becoming unusable so I am wondering about doing it immediately - with the preview (I already use preview W10 on my laptop). However, the FAQ...
  9. Upgrade Perfect Now Should I Clean Install

Upgrade Perfect Now Should I Clean Install: I did the upgrade on my Laptop from 8.1 to 10, went smoothly everything works so far. Now i have to decide do a reset and do a clean install since i always worry if later there will e a problem, should i safely think if no problems now that if i reformat a clean install that...
  10. Should I transfer my Upgrade or Clean Install?

Should I transfer my Upgrade or Clean Install?: So I've been using Windows 10 for the past two weeks now. I really dig it, however the hard drive I'm on is slightly slower than my 7200rpm drive which could boot Windows 7 up a lot faster. I upgraded my Windows 7 installation to this current Windows 10 install and since...