Windows 10: Should I set windows modules installer worker to manual?

Discus and support Should I set windows modules installer worker to manual? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I saw that the process was going on and on for awhile, I have 32gb of ram and i use Windows defender now too. I was thinking of setting it to manual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, May 25, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

Should I set windows modules installer worker to manual?

I saw that the process was going on and on for awhile, I have 32gb of ram and i use Windows defender now too. I was thinking of setting it to manual but would it be worth it since I use defender?

:)

Redbatman, May 25, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

windows modules installer worker

Right click the windows start menu icon and select 'Computer Management'

In the services section scroll to near the bottom, Windows modules installer, right click and Stop ?

'Mike P, May 25, 2017
  3. bill17TB Win User
    windows modules installer worker

how do I turn off windows modules installer worker

bill17TB, May 25, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

By default, the Windows module Installer is set to manual in Windows 10 and I am not sure why you are making a specific reference to Defender because the installer primarily deals with the following:

Enables installation, modification, and removal of Windows updates and optional components. If this service is disabled, install or uninstall of Windows updates might fail for this computer.

5. Redbatman Win User
    According to my services it's set to automatic

Redbatman, May 25, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Hmm... what version and build of Windows 10 are you running? I am on version 1703 build 15063.332:

Should I set windows modules installer worker to manual? [​IMG]

7. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Well, I can only tell you that I never changed mine and it was always set to default.

This is also reinforced by Black Viper's (unofficial) review of Windows 10 service settings:

Should I set windows modules installer worker to manual? [​IMG]

However, since yours is set to automatic, and my assumption is that nobody on your end made that change, I have no idea why it is set to automatic. Maybe someone else does but I'm a bit apprehensive to just tell you to change it because I don't know how (or why) it got that way.

8. Redbatman Win User

Hmm so it would be unsafe then, well I guess its not so bad but I would like some others on this forum give me advice as well

Redbatman, May 25, 2017
  9. WOT
    WOT Win User
    I never said it would be a bad thing. I just implied I was not sure because of your untouched (default) setting at automatic and you are wise to seek someone else's opinion. The only thing I can think of is maybe it was a retained setting from a Windows 8.1 upgrade. And, BTW, the OS is going to run it (as required) no matter how it is set (unless disabled).

10. Redbatman Win User
    Oh no this is a custom built, when I built the computer I bought Windows 10 OS to install on a Blank HDD.

Redbatman, May 25, 2017
  11. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Ok, thanks for that. You can either set it to manual and see what happens or wait for additional responses.

Good luck,

12. Eagle51 Win User
    Windows Module Installer set to Manual on both my 1703 (15063.332) builds and Manual is the Default from what I've seen. If I remember correctly, last time I set it to Automatic and did a reboot it kicked off the TiWorker Process and when it was done, it set itself back to Manual.

Eagle51, May 25, 2017
  13. Redbatman Win User

So is it safe for me to set it too manual?

Redbatman, May 25, 2017
  14. Eagle51 Win User
    Yes .... You can always set it back to Automatic if need be.

Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Should I set windows modules installer worker to manual? - Similar Threads - Should set modules

2. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  3. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows modules installer worker problem: I am using wimdows 10 OS. running every time and usage my resourse highly.how to fix that problem? also have windows update problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-problem/ea127e06-58bb-45c0-b162-30801579d139
  4. windows modules installer worker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows Modules Installer Worker has been constantly running and draining resources with no updates needed and no way to stop the program. What could I do to prevent the resource drain or stop the program temporarily?...
  6. windows modules installer worker cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows modules installer worker cpu: Is How to Geek a good resource on this topic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-cpu/41f3d188-1d25-4a61-9a24-519a4a0c785d
  7. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows 10 running very slow . Windows Modules Installer Worker is using a lot of resource. Can I change its settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker/727d4264-9406-476c-8461-1bc5f17b46f2
  8. Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker": Hi, I'm trying to use Windows Defender as my defense solution because I'd like to use the Controlled Folders feature, but am having a few problems. System is on 1709 x64 16299.431. No other antivirus, firewall or anything of note running. First, the most annoying one:...
  9. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: I just noticed for the first time that my Windows 10 Task Manager is showing significant (~25-30%) CPU usage for the Windows Modules Installer Worker. The latest update I did was some Windows Defender updates this morning. I am running 14393.321. I did some research and...
  10. windows modules installer worker..what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows modules installer worker..what is it?: so, what is the windows module installer? what does it do? 65580