Windows 10: Should I turn off Windows Firewall?

Discus and support Should I turn off Windows Firewall? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, Just got this firewall "Glasswire" and was wondering if I should turn off Windows 10 Firewall while I'm using it? I'm just not sure if Glasswire... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by seek, Aug 27, 2015.

1. seek Win User

Should I turn off Windows Firewall?

Hey, Just got this firewall "Glasswire" and was wondering if I should turn off Windows 10 Firewall while I'm using it? I'm just not sure if Glasswire gives me as much protection as the Windows one give me.

-Thanks!

:)

2. Can I & should I turn OFF this annoying "Only secure content is displayed. What's the risk?" pop-up on certain sites in Internet Explorer 11?

Should I turn off Windows Firewall? [​IMG]

I don't do any wild web surfing and I ALWAYS just click ALLOW ON THIS SITE, ALLOW THIS TIME or SHOW ALL CONTENT, whatever is offered. It drives me nuts.

Oh sure, I know it's there to protect me and my computer. But honestly, I've NEVER felt the need to say no.

And why would some legit sites have a mix of secured and unsecured content anyhow? That's ridiculous.

I just got it on
    https://www.b2x.com/en/home
    which I suppose is some paid repair place that works on Nokia Lumia phones for Microsoft? I've never used them but I just stumbled across them. It looks like you can search Questions that people have had answered or you can login,
    but I don't find anywhere on the site to actually join and set-up a login or submit your own new Question like you can over here.

Jeff A. Davis, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Can I & should I turn OFF this annoying "Only secure content is displayed. What's the risk?" pop-up on certain sites in Internet Explorer 11?

Only secure content is displayed notification in Internet Explorer 9 or later

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2625928

Bruce Hagen, Aug 27, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

I don't know anything about Glasswire or how it compares with Windows firewall. But I do know that you should not have more than one firewall running on the same computer. They are not designed to operate this way and results are unpredictable. You could end up with less protection than either would provide.

LMiller7, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Aug 28, 2015
  6. seek Win User
    Hmm.. Looks like it works with the windows firewall... after I turned it off glasswire told me to turn it back on.

7. TairikuOkami, Aug 28, 2015
  8. Borg 386 Win User

If they play well together, then you might as well leave them both on. Another layer of protection is always a good thing.

Borg 386, Aug 29, 2015
  9. Daelra Win User
    From what I understand, Glasswire is a fancy front end for Windows Firewall. It uses MS's firewall API to do it's thing so it's necessary to have the Windows Firewall on.

Daelra, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Should I turn off Windows Firewall? - Similar Threads - Should turn off

2. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  3. Should I Turn Off CSM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I Turn Off CSM?: Hello! I Was Recently Thinking About Windows 11 & I Was Searching In My BIOS For Secure Boot, Turns Out That You Have To TURN OFF CSM First In Order To Do That! I've Read A Few Other Posts Saying That Their Mouse & Keyboard Stopped Working After Turning Off CSM & Enabling...
  4. Should I Turn Off CSM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I Turn Off CSM?: Hello! I Was Recently Thinking About Windows 11 & I Was Searching In My BIOS For Secure Boot, Turns Out That You Have To TURN OFF CSM First In Order To Do That! I've Read A Few Other Posts Saying That Their Mouse & Keyboard Stopped Working After Turning Off CSM & Enabling...
  5. Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YoshiKombat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiel27/firewall_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it_back_on/
  6. Windows firewall turned off notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall turned off notification: My question is how do i stop seeing this notification everytime i turn on my pc? It pops on like the 3rd minute on every boot and it's a little annoying and i know i got it turned off. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Firewall Turned Off By Itself: The last 2 days, I started getting a notification pop-up that my Windows Firewall is turned off. It says Tap or Click to turn on. I click and it takes me to the Windows Security Screen in Settings and I don't see anything for Windows Firewall. I clicked every option on...
  8. norton firewall not turned on. should it be?

norton firewall not turned on. should it be?: no active firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-firewall-not-turned-on-should-it-be/fa8649bc-980f-4c0b-a22a-b4c3124ee68b
  9. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  10. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should windows 10 firewall virus security be turned off if you are using mcafee