Windows 10: Should I uninstall Java? If so, how?

Discus and support Should I uninstall Java? If so, how? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I understand Java is the entry port for many viruses. Should I uninstall it? I looked at the program, and did not see an uninstall command, nor did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robin Faye, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Should I uninstall Java? If so, how?

I understand Java is the entry port for many viruses. Should I uninstall it? I looked at the program, and did not see an uninstall command, nor did right-click provide it.

:)

Robin Faye, Aug 28, 2015
  2. JimWynne Win User

should I defrag the computer and if so how

With the Start menu open, type "defrag."

JimWynne, Aug 28, 2015
  3. should I defrag the computer and if so how

should defrag my computer and if

so how do I do it

Dale G.Hill, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Should I uninstall Java? If so, how?

Java is not really secure. Many secure holes must be fixed every month. But some Programs need Java to run. Java can be uninstall under Programs and Features.

Cluster Head, Aug 28, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    The issue is with Java that's used in websites more than it is with Java that's in programs that you run on your PC or another device. Java is the most used language today and will be for some time. So, I would turn it off in your browser first.

BunnyJ, Aug 28, 2015
  6. Thanks, BunnyJ... How do I turn it off in the browser? I get a Java update prompt nearly every day, but don't understand if or why I should do it. I need a short course on Java basics... sorry.

Robin Faye, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Clusterhead... you say "Java can be uninstall under Programs and Features." How do I find that?

Robin Faye, Aug 28, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Should I uninstall Java? If so, how?

Go to the control panel..it's there.

BunnyJ, Aug 28, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I did a Google search and found this for FF,.,
    How to turn off Java applets | Firefox Help

There are other tutorials for IE, Chrome, etc..

HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 28, 2015
  10. Thanks Jeff, I disabled Java plug ins for Fire Fox and will do so also for IE and Chrome.

Is it correct that I do not have to uninstall Java from my pc control panel?

Robin Faye, Aug 28, 2015
  11. It`s correct what Jeff says....

12. Should I uninstall Java? If so, how?

I found Java in Programs and Features, and note that right click will uninstall. However, I do not know if any of my programs use it. If I uninstall, and something doesn't work right, is it difficult to reinstall? Any suggestions about this?

Robin Faye, Aug 28, 2015
  13. No Problem to reinstall.

java.com: Java + You

Download x86 or x64 or both when you use a 32bit Browser.

14. songbirdfoy, Jun 10, 2016
Thema:

Should I uninstall Java? If so, how?

1. Should I uninstall Java? If so, how? - Similar Threads - Should uninstall Java

2. How to uninstall command Java in Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall command Java in Intune: Hi,I am IT Support for the company and we received the news about the following changes that had been made by Oracle for licence purpose with Java application. I have now complete the setup intunwin file of Java into Intune, so that I can use the deployment to uninstall Java...
  3. How to uninstall command Java in Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall command Java in Intune: Hi,I am IT Support for the company and we received the news about the following changes that had been made by Oracle for licence purpose with Java application. I have now complete the setup intunwin file of Java into Intune, so that I can use the deployment to uninstall Java...
  4. Can windows 11 run Java? If so, how should the environment variables be set.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows 11 run Java? If so, how should the environment variables be set.: The set up wizard says java\jdk-19 was successfully installed but when I enter Java-version at the cmd prompt I get the cannot locate the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-11-run-java-if-so-how-should-the/969f1b33-0201-45ec-b041-8560a7dfaa24
  5. Can windows 11 run Java? If so, how should the environment variables be set.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can windows 11 run Java? If so, how should the environment variables be set.: The set up wizard says java\jdk-19 was successfully installed but when I enter Java-version at the cmd prompt I get the cannot locate the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-11-run-java-if-so-how-should-the/969f1b33-0201-45ec-b041-8560a7dfaa24
  6. Should I Uninstall TAP-Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I Uninstall TAP-Windows?: I see on my windows menu a folder call TAP-Windows. It has to do with ethernet connections. I have a VPN called windscribe. Is this Tap-Windows part of windscribe? Do I uninstall it? [img] 176684
  7. What is Mono and should I uninstall it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is Mono and should I uninstall it?: There is a .msi file named mono and a corresponding folder, I've never installed this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-mono-and-should-i-uninstall-it/6d909243-4d73-449e-9934-bd34cbaff272
  8. Should I update Java???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I update Java???: I just got a popup saying that java is ready to update. But when I searched it said that Java was hacked, and I also saw something saying that java update checker is a virus. Is all this true and should I update java....
  9. Which one should I uninstall?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which one should I uninstall?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/weeabboo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehf7vd/which_one_should_i_uninstall/
  10. Restore uninstalled Java files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore uninstalled Java files: I wanted to install the new Java SE 12 sdk on my computer so I tried to uninstall the older Java sdk on my computer. When I go to install the new Java 12 version, I accept the license agreement and am given the option of downloading the 64 bit file with either the .exe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4465663 should i uninstall