Windows 10: Should I upgrade hardware before upgrading 7 Ultimate x64 to 10?

Discus and support Should I upgrade hardware before upgrading 7 Ultimate x64 to 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been contemplating upgrading my current hardware (see profile for details) for the past few months. Now that Windows 10 is being rolled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by peteagreatguy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Should I upgrade hardware before upgrading 7 Ultimate x64 to 10?

Hi all,

I've been contemplating upgrading my current hardware (see profile for details) for the past few months. Now that Windows 10 is being rolled out I've read that changing hardware will cause Windows to re-activate but people have had issues. Therefore should I upgrade my hardware (I would only upgrade motherboard, cpu and ram) before upgrading to Windows 10? what would you do?

:)

peteagreatguy, Jul 29, 2015
  2. AlexL24 Win User

If my PC doesn’t meet the system requirements or includes incompatible hardware what options do I have ?

If my computer (which is quite old but happily running Windows 7 Ultimate x64) is not supported by Windows 10, What options do I have regarding the free upgrade to Windows 10 ?

e.g. Am I still eligible for the free upgrade if I upgrade the hardware ?

If so, should/can I reserve Windows 10 then upgrade my computer's hardware or upgrade the hardware then reserve ?

If I have to upgrade say both the CPU + motherboard etc. Will I need to reactivate windows 7 first ? or can I upgrade the hardware and perform a clean install of Windows 10 ?

AlexL24, Jul 29, 2015
  3. JascuAlex Win User
    Question about upgrading! HELP!

Hello.

So my current OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1.

If I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x32 (32 bit), will my apps and stuff work even though I upgraded from x64 win 7 to x32 win 10?

Thanks.

JascuAlex, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Should I upgrade hardware before upgrading 7 Ultimate x64 to 10?

1. Should I upgrade hardware before upgrading 7 Ultimate x64 to 10? - Similar Threads - Should upgrade hardware

2. Should I upgrade my laptop's hardware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I upgrade my laptop's hardware?: I have a laptop with 4th gen i5 processor with 4gb ram and HDD.It has another 4gb ram slot if I upgrade it with 4gb ram and SSD ,will windows 10 pro run on it smoothly?...
  3. Should I upgrade my laptop's hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I upgrade my laptop's hardware?: I have a laptop with 4th gen i5 processor with 4gb ram and HDD.It has another 4gb ram slot if I upgrade it with 4gb ram and SSD ,will windows 10 pro run on it smoothly?...
  4. Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10: Hello i met a problem installing windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate and i can't find the answer. The error is "error installing windows 10", i am searching in google and i dont find what i need. I really need to keep personal files and apps...
  5. Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10: Hello i met a problem installing windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate and i can't find the answer. The error is "error installing windows 10", i am searching in google and i dont find what i need. I really need to keep personal files and apps...
  6. Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10: Hi, This is Rolf Schreiner at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, on December 14, 2020. I have a problem installing Wildows 10 on Windows 7 Ultimate. I worked about one week it, but now I need some help, please. I tried all the published fixes on the internet,...
  7. Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?: Just wondering if you can still use a Windows 7 KEY with a fresh install of windows 10? I have done this in 2016 and the upgrade worked fine right before the install of Windows 10 when it asked for a key. So just wondering if you an still use the Windows 7 key? And will have...
  8. upgrade from windows 7 ultimate

upgrade from windows 7 ultimate: I upgraded my laptop with 8.1 to 10 and I ended up with all programs recognized and working. Hard to believe. All I did after the upgrade is download and install English (US) package to change interface language. Will it be the same when upgrading from windows 7 ultimate?...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10

Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10: Sorry for the question if is quite simple but I am unsure. Currently I am running Windows 7 Ultimate yet my copy can't be validated as I have no key. If I was to purchase a copy of Windows 10 would I be able to keep my files during the upgrade or would a fresh install be...
  10. Should I upgrade before or after the April 2018 upgrade arrives?

Should I upgrade before or after the April 2018 upgrade arrives?: Thanks to all for the advice and helpful suggestions.