Windows 10: Should I Upgrade?

Discus and support Should I Upgrade? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, the question is, should I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10? I'm asking this as my CPU is only 2.1 GHz and wondering if it would run normally or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dimerz, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Dimerz Win User

Should I Upgrade?

So, the question is, should I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10? I'm asking this as my CPU is only 2.1 GHz and wondering if it would run normally or even better in cases than W7.

All comments appreciated!

Should I Upgrade? [​IMG]

The question now is, Can i upgrade my windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit?

:)

Dimerz, Dec 2, 2015
  2. olgun52 Win User

Should I be concerned?

Hello
    JordanSeymour

The site is not secure. Please do the following.

For Chrome:

Delete your cache, history, and other browser data

Clear browsing data - Android - Google Chrome Help

Next >>

Reset Chrome browser settings

Reset Chrome settings to default - Google Chrome Help

Step 1:

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your
    desktop.

• Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    • Click on Scan, then Clean.
    • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
    • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
    • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
    Step 2:

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your
    desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
    • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista / 7 / 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select
      "Run as Administrator".
    • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
    • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
    • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
    Step 3:

Please download
    ZHPcleaner
    to your desktop.

• Double click on ZHPCleaner to run the tool.
    • If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click ZHPCleaner and select
      "Run as Administrator".
    • Please klick
      Should I Upgrade? [​IMG]
    • Then press ''Repair'' button.
    • Browsers will automatically shut down.
    • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
    • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
    Step 4:

Scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware:

Please download
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    to your desktop.

• Double-click the downloaded setup file and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
    • Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    • A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
    • Click Finish.
    If the program is already installed:

• Run Malwarebytes Antimalware
    • On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link
    • After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
    • Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.
    • If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
    • A Threat Scan will begin.
    • When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
    • In most cases, a restart will be required.
    • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
    • After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
    • Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
    • Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
    • Click 'Copy to Clipboard'
    • Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply
    Step 5:

Microsoft Safety Scanner install and run.

=======================================

How is the PC running now and any issue ?

Have a nice day.

olgun52, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Should I but a 5800?

Instead of asking peoples opinions on a support forum you should be reading user reviews. By the very nature of this forum you will always find more people with problems than not and the occasional troll that will say anything negative be it true or false.

I know at least three people in the real world that have the 5800 and are delighted with it. Compared to when the N96 was released the software on the 5800 is very stable.

psychomania---01, Dec 2, 2015
  4. Should I Upgrade?

I would personally only migrate to Windows 10 with a new machine. The update has potential pitfalls. Unfortunately we can't stay away from 10 forever. Eventually software will be Windows 10 only.

put it this way , I bought a new uber powerful gaming desktop recently which had Windows 10 pre installed. I already own a 4 year old gaming laptop with 7 on it. I resist the nagging update to 10. I much prefer the older laptop. Everything just works as it should whilst 10 is quirky and glitchy. Plus I have a lot of very old software/games that run pretty good on 7, by upgrading to 10 you run the risk of losing that ability . So I recommend keep your machine on 7 and try to keep it as an alternate machine if you ever purchase a new machine

Scottyboy99, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Dimerz Win User
    Yep, I'll be building a new PC ( http://www.sevenforums.com/pc-custom...tom-build.html )

Don't forget that this is not a "Is Windows 10 better than Windows 7?" discussion. I'm asking If my CPU could handle Windows 10 and run appropriately. Windows 10 specs are 1 GHz but I still want to know the above question.

Dimerz, Dec 2, 2015
  6. Dimerz Win User
    Updated, feels much quicker.

Dimerz, Dec 2, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    That has been my experience as well. In fact, it seems like the "weaker" the computer is in hardware, the greater benefit over Windows 7 or 8 I have noticed.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Should I Upgrade?

1. Should I Upgrade? - Similar Threads - Should Upgrade

2. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed: I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-what/4a53ce64-8522-40ce-8909-9992b841de07
  3. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed: I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-what/4a53ce64-8522-40ce-8909-9992b841de07
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?: Hello. I am having some troubles with upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11. The pc health check said that my pc was eligible, so I began installing the update, and it got to the black screen with a percentage that says to keep your computer on. At this point, at a random...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?: Hello. I am having some troubles with upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11. The pc health check said that my pc was eligible, so I began installing the update, and it got to the black screen with a percentage that says to keep your computer on. At this point, at a random...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Should i upgrade to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i upgrade to windows 11?: here are my pc specs and it says it supports italso when i upgrade, will I get windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/ed9c3467-9432-41fc-a3f4-d192fc5971a7
  8. Should i upgrade to windows 11?

Should i upgrade to windows 11?: here are my pc specs and it says it supports italso when i upgrade, will I get windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/ed9c3467-9432-41fc-a3f4-d192fc5971a7
  9. currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...: Currently Windows 10, Health check says processor not compatible, enough space and speed. When trying to upgrade 365 is provided, should I be upgrading to that or Windows 11?...
  10. currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...

currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...: Currently Windows 10, Health check says processor not compatible, enough space and speed. When trying to upgrade 365 is provided, should I be upgrading to that or Windows 11?...