Windows 10: Should I?

Discus and support Should I? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So a long time ago i upgraded to Windows 10 but after a month or two it would lock up on the loading screen when starting so i wiped the HD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joecoolmc, May 13, 2016.

1. joecoolmc Win User

Should I?

So a long time ago i upgraded to Windows 10 but after a month or two it would lock up on the loading screen when starting so i wiped the HD and reinstalled the original Windows 7. I have gotten the upgrade notification again and i feel like i want to do it but i have been reading and i think my processor dosen't support it...
    Should I? [​IMG]

2 of the instructions that are needed are not there but like i said it ran before (not for long) and yea.. so should i go ahead and upgrade or just keep Windows 7

:)

joecoolmc, May 13, 2016

2. Why should Windows 10 user should redownload Windows 10 Version 10 build 10586

Windows 10 build 10586, brings many improvements and minimizing software bugs. You can see it in event viewer, build 10240 causing more error then build 10586.

You must do upgrade for stability!

Hopefully, after this build, user does not need to download the whole operating system. Just like linux, we just need to download its kernel to upgrade core operating system with exception for distro release upgrade.

You can see my blog to find out appropriate version for your Windows

at Garasiku.web.id or

at Blogger.co.id
    l

IGA Made Muliarsa, May 13, 2016
  3. IGA Pandu Win User
    Why should Windows 10 user should redownload Windows 10 Version 10 build 10586

Windows 10 Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240 was release at July 2015. It was huge image for each previous windows version. let's imagine if we have to upgrade Windows 8.1 SL x64, WIndows 8.1 with Bing X64, Windows 8.1 x32. How many bandwidth required to
    download them all.

Not more them 6 months, Windows 10 build 10586 was release. Again, user must redownload for huge images for particular Windows 10 SL x64, WIndows 10 with Bing X64, Windows 10 x32. Its so annoying......

IGA Pandu, May 13, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Should I?

What are the 2 instructions that are missing?
    I have Win10 on 2 AMD CPUs, the one on the right was Upgraded from Win8.1 and the one on the left from Win7:

Should I? [​IMG]

Both are 64-bit and running quite nicely. The 4-core Phenom has a 3rd level of Cache that the 3-core Athlon does not.

Berton, May 13, 2016
  5. joecoolmc Win User
    Alright, it seems like i might be able to run it but if i run into problems i can always downgrade to win 7 (in the 31 days) well thanks for providing examples for me *Smile

joecoolmc, May 13, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    You're welcome. My procedure [over 30 now Upgraded] is to update the antivirus and run a full/deep scan then install the free Malwarebytes and update then run, helps to assure the computer is clean before doing the Upgrade to Win10. I've found it also helps to have SP1 installed on Win7 then do all the updates, will be a bunch and take awhile.

Berton, May 13, 2016
  7. RolandJS Win User
    Me? I vote to keep Windows 7; how old is the computer? And, did the compatibility/upgrade test really pass the computer for Windows 10? *Smile

RolandJS, May 13, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Should I?

You may need to update BIOS to last version. Can you post Motherboard tab ?

CountMike, May 13, 2016
  9. Fafhrd Win User
    Your AMD CPU should be good for Windows 10 - see this old thread:

AMD ATHLON II install - Windows 10 Forums

As I mentioned in post #9 there, Coreinfo.exe:

https://download.sysinternals.com/files/Coreinfo.zip

will determine if all the required processor instructions are present.

Any problems generally arise from unsupported (on Windows 10) Graphics processors from that time, but there are often workarounds. Problems with windows 10 setup are common, and sometimes difficult to solve with older hardware.

Fafhrd, May 13, 2016
  10. swarfega Win User
    To avoid problems with upgrading I would do a clean install after doing the initial upgrade.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Should I?

1. Should I? - Similar Threads - Should

2. After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do: Pls help I cannot connect to my network and it says no internet connected This happened after a netsh winsock reset What should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-netsh-winsock-reset-i-am-not-able-to/a7ae72e4-6d53-4182-9968-b6a912fb38bb
  3. After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do: Pls help I cannot connect to my network and it says no internet connected This happened after a netsh winsock reset What should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-netsh-winsock-reset-i-am-not-able-to/a7ae72e4-6d53-4182-9968-b6a912fb38bb
  4. "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...: I use Windows 11 pro as my OS, while updating and installing new features, it regularly gives this notification "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". It has slowed my computer's speed, specially when I start the LAPTOP it takes alot of...
  5. "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...

"something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...: I use Windows 11 pro as my OS, while updating and installing new features, it regularly gives this notification "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". It has slowed my computer's speed, specially when I start the LAPTOP it takes alot of...
  6. My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?: My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-840-g6-sim-tray-does-not-pop-out/59209177-3a00-48c6-8109-a8784e66b5c0
  7. My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?

My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?: My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-840-g6-sim-tray-does-not-pop-out/59209177-3a00-48c6-8109-a8784e66b5c0
  8. I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do: i try alot but no open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-open-the-program-it-just-loading-and-not/e92bf81c-a1e8-43ae-bc03-3159ce60998f
  9. I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do

I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do: i try alot but no open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-open-the-program-it-just-loading-and-not/e92bf81c-a1e8-43ae-bc03-3159ce60998f
  10. What should I do, I factory reset my pc on windows 10 through the settings menu and chose...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do, I factory reset my pc on windows 10 through the settings menu and chose...: I factory reset my windows 10 pc and now my ox keeps turning on and off and never fully loading to let me do anything, what should I do to fix it...