Windows 10: Should we care about the name first ?

Discus and support Should we care about the name first ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys, From when Microsoft Announced to keep name as Windows 10. Many people started debating/arguing on that instead of looking at new tech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fahadking07, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Should we care about the name first ?

Hello guys,

From when Microsoft Announced to keep name as Windows 10. Many people started debating/arguing on that instead of looking at new tech and features. What do you think ? Is name that matters ? Specially, I saw many topics with "name discussions" instead of "features". Well, I may not consider this forums because here, there are many mature people. But if consider any other forum, you will be amazed by seeing that. Isn't that too much ?
    Why should people care about that ??

Some examples [just took from one forum]:

Should we care about the name first ? [​IMG]

So Microsoft Windows depends on a name ? Thats all ? *Doh

:)

Fahadking07, Oct 1, 2014
  2. lplp---01 Win User

something wrong about the update,why?,what should we do???

many of us have find trouples in the update.

so have lose language pack,and some have find that the change's are for the worst!!.

are ther any solutions to that proplom!??

should we update, or batter stay with the current virsion?

and if update and find that thers somthing wrong how we can fix it?

youre question,and answers,every thing you know about it ,but it here!

lplp---01, Oct 1, 2014
  3. orno---01 Win User
    something wrong about the update,why?,what should we do???

from experience: if it ain't broke, don't fix it....

if your phone is working fine, theres no need for a firmware update is there...if you are specifically facing problems without any workarounds which get fixed by a firmware update then by all means go ahead...

in fact, in some case, a firmware upgrade could also result in a function downgrade...a friend of mine has a creative zen vision M mp3 player and he upgraded his firmware as soon as the newest version came out only to realize that he couldnt record from radio
    anymore, one of the reasons he bought the zen vision in the first place....and remember, once your firmware is upgraded, yout downgrade it...

so i would personally first wait a while, check the effects of the firmware, if ppl are complaining etc and then if all seems to be fine, then, and only then update my phone

phew!

orno---01, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Should we care about the name first ?

Technically speaking, I think I remember how 8.1 was to be considered possibly Windows 9 but Microsoft banked too much on Windows 8 so they went with 8.1. Basically, 8.1 was more or less version 9 than anything.

Also, there's a story in the News subforum I posted how internally at Microsoft, the ACTUAL reason why they called it Windows 10 is because of Windows 9x where some third party code would actively detect if the Windows version starts with the number 9, it would detect the system as either Windows 95 or 98. Apparently it was a big enough problem to prompt them to make it version 10 to avoid that. Windows 10 is such a big release, even Windows 95 would be proud. *Cool

Coke Robot, Oct 1, 2014
  5. townsbg Win User
    townsbg, Oct 1, 2014
  6. Clam Win User
    I don't want to think about it like that. I don't like the fact that there are such minor changes in new OS compared to previous one - 8 to 8.1 wasn't a complete OS change no matter how badly people want it to be. Windows 10, once fully finished, is a step ahead - we can consider it as an Vista to Win 7 upgrade, where core stuff were kept, but bunch of changes and improvements were made.

Yesterday some guy was arguing with me on Twitter how Microsoft decided to skip Windows 9 because they did a lot of changes and new stuff, so they just skipped to Windows 10 development. It took me half an hour of arguing that Windows 9 weren't supposed to be launched at Sept 30th as he claimed and that everyone just assumed it would be called Windows 9, when Microsoft never said anything about the name until two days ago!

Arrghhh, let's just enjoy the moment, screw the names and let's hope Windows 10 will be an actual improvement compared to previous operating systems. So far so good, but a lot of more work needs to be done and bunch of other features need to be unlocked/arrive for us to test.

Clam, Oct 1, 2014
  7. CountMike New Member
    "A rose by any name........."

CountMike, Oct 1, 2014
  8. bromanbro Win User

Should we care about the name first ?

Doubt it. Win 8.1 only has 2 features I can recall (Start button and resizing Metro tiles). Not enough for a new OS lol. Besides if they did that then Win 8 would've had 0 service packs. Even Win7 got one, even if that didn't add anything either.

bromanbro, Oct 1, 2014
  9. Boozad Win User
    True enough, but the Tech Preview of 10 so far looks like 8.1 with an edited Start menu. I haven't used 8/8.1/10 anywhere near enough to dig deep into the OS, but the step from 8 to 8.1 and from 8.1 to 10 aren't that far apart.

Boozad, Oct 1, 2014
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    There are always people who will complain/argue about anything. From my point of view they can call it whatever they like. Just as long as it works and does what I need it to do.. I can deal with it.

And for the ones that are complaining, like my sponsor said to me on more than one occasion, "Suck it up and deal with it!" *Wink

BunnyJ, Oct 1, 2014
  11. esakom Win User
  12. Same here, not only that... I am arguing with them from a long time but they are not ready to accept it. I don't know why they want its name as "Windows 9".

OT:-

Yes, I am agree with you all. Directly jumping to Windows 10 is not a problem. Its Microsoft's wish. Why should we care about the name, etc. We only care about quality right ?

According to my experience, I have not seen a single guy arguing on the windows name in real life. I have seen them only on Internet.... This what proofs that some people are showing off or overacting.
    I guess, no one should care about that. Let them show-off, if we start arguing with them then it will be a waste of time!!

*Start Long Live Microsoft

Fahadking07, Oct 1, 2014
  13. rmonroe36 Win User

Yup, couldn't agree more - that's why I have renamed it to "Windows 8 Plus 2".

Rich

rmonroe36, Oct 2, 2014
  14. bromanbro Win User
    Wi-Windows 8 SE?

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  15. rmonroe36 Win User
    Good one! A la Windows 98 & 98SE*Wink.

Rich

rmonroe36, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Should we care about the name first ? - Similar Threads - Should care name

2. Why does Microsoft not care about their customers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft not care about their customers?: Why is Microsoft customer service literally awful. I can't find a solution to my issue, nor a contact for support, nor an email for support. I get to post to a board where 99% of the time the answer is insufficient or ignored. I am not going to explain the issues with my...
  3. Why does Microsoft not care about their customers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft not care about their customers?: Why is Microsoft customer service literally awful. I can't find a solution to my issue, nor a contact for support, nor an email for support. I get to post to a board where 99% of the time the answer is insufficient or ignored. I am not going to explain the issues with my...
  4. The bottom line is MS could care less about what we want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The bottom line is MS could care less about what we want: Microsoft could give a fat rat's azz what the folks that use their systems and pay their bank think, wish for, would be comfortable with, would like to see or are willing to accept. F us.How many redundant systems AND HISTORIES can you find in a MS op system?**** MICROSOFT...
  5. The bottom line is MS could care less about what we want

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The bottom line is MS could care less about what we want: Microsoft could give a fat rat's azz what the folks that use their systems and pay their bank think, wish for, would be comfortable with, would like to see or are willing to accept. F us.How many redundant systems AND HISTORIES can you find in a MS op system?**** MICROSOFT...
  6. First SSD, how to care for it to optimize longevity or performance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    First SSD, how to care for it to optimize longevity or performance?: finally after many years, I caved and bought a SSD. i've always worried about the lifespan of it considering cost/GB vs HDD. What should I do to optimize my SSD? different sites have different tips/options to change. 175629
  7. Be Careful about an xbox Scam email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Be Careful about an xbox Scam email: For the last couple of years, people have been creating fake microsoft Xbox emails that can hack peoples account. (IT CANT) it just tryes to hack YOUR microsoft account.. They tell you to give them your email and password. So, please dont trust any of these fake emails. :)...
  8. Be careful about Win 10 Restore Point.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Be careful about Win 10 Restore Point.: After I clean installed Win 10, and then installed many programs that I normally use. And when the computer worked just the way I wanted - I decided to set the Restore Point right then. ---------------------- Then I started (doing foolish things) fixing problems trying to...
  9. What are WiFi "channels" and why should I care?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are WiFi "channels" and why should I care?: I keep seeing references to these channels but I thought that only the frequency ranges were important. 54588
  10. Does Redmond even care about KB3122947?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Redmond even care about KB3122947?: With 33 failed attempts to install the KB3122947 update on my 3 computers and over 300 posts concerning the problem? KB3122947 1511 update - anybody else get this? - Windows 10 Forums (I know, a lot are redundant, but how do you search 300 posts?) Does anyone out there...