Windows 10: Show additional information at bottom of explorer?

Discus and support Show additional information at bottom of explorer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! Is it possible to show additional file information at the bottom of the file explorer like it was in windows 7? It was especially useful when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by phorris, Nov 22, 2015.

1. phorris Win User

Show additional information at bottom of explorer?

Hi!
    Is it possible to show additional file information at the bottom of the file explorer like it was in windows 7?
    It was especially useful when the view is set to details and no thumbnails of images are shown and when i click on an image it shows a little preview at the bottom of the explorer.
    I added a screenshot of what i mean:

Show additional information at bottom of explorer? [​IMG]

:)

phorris, Nov 22, 2015

2. Show photo resolution information on bottom bar in Windows Explorer?

I've never seen a way to modify the information displayed at the bottom.

You could turn on the Details Pane (Explorer
    -> View tab -> Panes section on the Ribbon.

If you're using a mouse/touchpad, Dimensions are displayed in the Tooltip when you hover over a file.

Good Luck,

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Show photo resolution information on bottom bar in Windows Explorer?

Thanks, this is the closest to the functionality I'm looking for. Windows 7 had this feature of showing details on the bottom bar, I don't know why it was removed.

handyLapras, Nov 22, 2015
  4. mykou Win User

Hi

you may then install "old new explorer" to get windows 7 bar commander back in windows 10

Show additional information at bottom of explorer? [​IMG]

here's a direct link to 1.1.7 last realease

I had no problem under windows 10 RTM 10240 but had not tested under 10586 version 1511 so use it at your own risk or make a backup before

http://tihiy.net/files/OldNewExplorer.rar

cheers

mykou, Nov 22, 2015
  5. phorris Win User
    I dont want to install any software for that. Is there a way to change that with windows settings?

phorris, Nov 22, 2015
  6. Thanks for this, works fine in 10586.... Just what I was looking for.

kingstonian, Nov 22, 2015
  7. mykou Win User
    Glad to hear that *Smile

mykou, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Show additional information at bottom of explorer? - Similar Threads - Show additional information

2. File explorer and additional pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer and additional pane: Good morning, Following Windows update Windows 11 Pro, File Explorer add a new pane between the actual files and the navigation pane, that includes options such as New, cut, copy, paste and etc. Please could someone guide me how to hide it....
  3. File explorer and additional pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer and additional pane: Good morning, Following Windows update Windows 11 Pro, File Explorer add a new pane between the actual files and the navigation pane, that includes options such as New, cut, copy, paste and etc. Please could someone guide me how to hide it....
  4. Author information in File Explorer's column not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Author information in File Explorer's column not showing: Hi, my teammates and I have a shared folder in the file explorer to store our work documents. Since we have a very large amount of folder in there, we planned to include the Author column in the file explorer so that we can easily see which folder belongs to whom. However,...
  5. Author information in File Explorer's column not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Author information in File Explorer's column not showing: Hi, my teammates and I have a shared folder in the file explorer to store our work documents. Since we have a very large amount of folder in there, we planned to include the Author column in the file explorer so that we can easily see which folder belongs to whom. However,...
  6. Author information in File Explorer's column not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I get that bottom Windows Explorer Taskbar that shows information about a file in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get that bottom Windows Explorer Taskbar that shows information about a file in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jeremiah_Naidoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ig91n6/how_do_i_get_that_bottom_windows_explorer_taskbar/
  8. hide additional search information

in Cortana
    hide additional search information: I've just reinstalled windows 10 pro with the latest updates and I've noticed that my search menu looks a bit different. There's a large space on the right with additional information that I don't want to see. Is there anyone to minimize or collapse this? [ATTACH]...
  9. Explorer search not working with additional HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer search not working with additional HD: I have tried to rebulid the index multiple times and it still will not work. when I go into a folder containing music and try to search and artist it always says "No Items Match Your Search" This is a second hard drive added to my computer for storage. Anyone know how to...
  10. Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure: We’re committed to helping our users keep their personal information secure and private. A key part of our work is identifying and preventing unauthorized access to your Microsoft Account (including Outlook.com email and OneDrive) by anyone other than you. We’re taking an...