Windows 10: Show Date Downloaded

Discus and support Show Date Downloaded in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't figure out how to show download date or date document was changed in the downloads folder. 47901 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by producedept, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Show Date Downloaded

I can't figure out how to show download date or date document was changed in the downloads folder.

:)

producedept, Apr 19, 2016
  2. Jane Lla Win User

Windows Explorer dates

Hello Frank,

Irrespective of the date, time or day the file or folder was created or modified, it will show the date & time on which the content was downloaded on the PC. This is by design.

The downloaded content always show the date when the file was downloaded from the website or a mail account.

This design is by default.

Let us know if you have questions.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Apr 19, 2016
  3. Windows Explorer dates

What is shows is the date the file is moved from Outlook to storage on Windows Explorer. If it showed the date downloaded from the mail server that would be much better. How do I get it to do that?

FrankSilkwood, Apr 19, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Show Date Downloaded

Hover over it with the cursor for some info and right click the file and select properties, created, modified and accessed.

jds63, Apr 19, 2016
    • Open the Windows File Explorer
    • In the search box, in the top right corner of the window type datemodified:
    • After datemodified: has been typed the "Select a date or date range" window will appear, select the date or date range for when you believe the file was last modified.
    • Depending on the dates this search may take a few seconds to a minute to complete.

Show Date Downloaded [​IMG]

gijoetech1, Apr 19, 2016
  5. Thanks for the replies, but what I would like is a column in downloads that gives that information. Is that not doable?

producedept, Apr 19, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    Like here and switch the display information from the bottom right corner to.

jds63, Apr 19, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User

Show Date Downloaded

Open Downloads folder >click View at the top > click Add columns > click Choose columns.
    Scroll down to find Date Modified or Date Created, depending which one you want > check the box in front.
    Click the Move Up or Move Down button to a location you want > click OK when done.

davidhk, Apr 19, 2016
  8. Okay, thanks all. Figured it out - shouldn't have been that hard. I wasn't in file or home rather than view at the top of the downloads page. I've been on Mac and just migrated to Windows 10!

producedept, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Show Date Downloaded

1. Show Date Downloaded - Similar Threads - Show Date Downloaded

2. Date and time not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date and time not showing: How do I get the date and time to display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-not-showing/fa606cf8-f9e6-418f-8504-951cc36b20c0
  3. Date and time not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date and time not showing: How do I get the date and time to display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-not-showing/fa606cf8-f9e6-418f-8504-951cc36b20c0
  4. Date and time not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dates different for downloaded files in date column.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dates different for downloaded files in date column.: Every time I save a file, the dates column shows different dates for every file previous dates..., my laptop clock is accurate ... How do I resolve the issue???...
  6. Downloads Date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads Date: [ATTACH] Hello guys so i reinstalled Windows 10 and when i go in the Downloads folder i see this annoying thing can you help me disable it! I already tried to disable some settings but didn't work....
  7. Downloaded files showing date modified as 12 January 2083

Downloaded files showing date modified as 12 January 2083: Hi, My wife recently purchased a Lenovo S540 laptop with windows 10 as the OS. She's facing an issue that whatever file she's downloading, the file shows a date of 12 January 2083 as the last modified date. She's having real trouble sorting her files. Kindly help. Thanks....
  8. Group by date in download...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Group by date in download...: Hi there, hopefully someone can help as both google and MS forums have proven incredibly unhelpful... I'm really annoyed by the grouping in the downloads folder, have no idea what fumes MS were high on when they decided to make this feature preapplied, but it's the best...
  9. Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly

Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly: When I download a document from the web or when I save a document attached to an email, it often puts it in the Downloads folder but under the wrong date. My computer has the correct date and time on it so why is it assigning the wrong date to the dowloaded or saved file? I'm...
  10. Show Date Downloaded

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Date Downloaded: I can't figure out how to show download date or date document was changed in the downloads folder. 47901

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows shows downloaded files in windows explorer as date downloaded