Windows 10: show desktop screen on laptop wireless

Discus and support show desktop screen on laptop wireless in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok here goes I have a windows 10 pro desktop but originally windows 7 so there's no miracast thing. So I'm trying to share it with my windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by renee1219, Nov 11, 2016.

1. renee1219 Win User

show desktop screen on laptop wireless

Ok here goes I have a windows 10 pro desktop but originally windows 7 so there's no miracast thing. So I'm trying to share it with my windows 8.1 laptop. Wireless.

I don't want to connect through wifi since its not my internet I'm actually using. So I want to try it a different way. Like through bluetooth if possible. Plus there is no vga on my laptop only hdmi. And the cord is only 4 foot long.

I want to be able to use my laptop screen to change file names and such. Because I have already gone as big as I think I can with the text for the windows 10 desktop pc I'm also running it on a 32 inch tv.

So I have went to personalize and took it to 125% and can't go any bigger. And I don't want to sit in front of the tv to see the writing. So I thought about sharing the screens wireless. Please help me figure something out.

:)

renee1219, Nov 11, 2016

2. Connect to 2 MS wireless display adapters at the same time

Maybe but I doubt, "Never did this on a Laptop for 3", you can disable Laptop Display and use 2 wireless displays, and obviously one will be your main with your taskbar etc, or you can select to show taskbar on both displays in the same display settings
    area.

If all 3 show, (or even just 2), then select a wireless as main display, extend display to desktop, APPLY, then disable the laptop display, then try connecting the other wireless display and select extend display to desktop and APPLY, restart pc.

Good luck!

seahawks65, Nov 11, 2016
  3. How do I connect a Wireless Mouse that came with my desktop to my new laptop?

How do I connect a Wireless Mouse that came with my desktop to my new laptop?

I disabled then uninstalled the mouse from my desktop (don't worry it has touch screen) and shutted it down. Then I went to my laptop and I went to add a device and held down connect and the mouse doesn't show up in there and does no connect.

(Both computers are windows 10) (There is no USB that I plug in to connect)

KawaiiSteve, Nov 11, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

If the TV has a USB port (and is a so-called SMART TV), MS makes a USB dongle called the Wireless Display Adapter that's designed to do this very thing. It does, however, use WiFi -- but the traffic will be local only, and shouldn't affect Internet access (though it would have an impact on local WiFi traffic on the same and adjacent WiFi channels). This works quite well and I know this because I've got one. OTOH, there are Bluetooth TV connectors available -- here's one on Amazon -- but I've never used them and can't say anything more than "They exist, don't cost too much, and may be worth trying out." YMMV.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

1. show desktop screen on laptop wireless - Similar Threads - show desktop screen

2. Laptop screen not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen not showing: My laptop screen isn't showing and sometimes appears on my TV when an hdmi is plugged in. It asks me for the bitlocker key and I put it in doing a full reset but the screen didn't come on, as it boots up and asks for the key again. I was thinking of taking it to staples where...
  3. Laptop screen not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen not showing: My laptop screen isn't showing and sometimes appears on my TV when an hdmi is plugged in. It asks me for the bitlocker key and I put it in doing a full reset but the screen didn't come on, as it boots up and asks for the key again. I was thinking of taking it to staples where...
  4. Desktop is showing a half screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop is showing a half screen: My desktop has gone to a half page from a full page. How do I go back to a full page? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-is-showing-a-half-screen/35c488f1-f848-4b97-bc09-add3866da9de
  5. Wireless mouse stutters on my laptop but not on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless mouse stutters on my laptop but not on my desktop: Hello My redragon mirage mouse (and other wireless mice i have tried) stutter on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I have tried a few fixes but no results. Any help? submitted by /u/Danielpena002 [link] [comments]...
  6. Laptop wireless modul in desktop pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop wireless modul in desktop pc?: I would like to use in my stand pc with an ASUS Prime B350 motherboard a wlan module from a laptop as transition option, model azure wave aw nu222, has a 4pin connector. Is it that easy or does my PC not support such a thing? Thank you for your advice, I have not found such a...
  7. Viewing laptop screen on tv wirelessly

Viewing laptop screen on tv wirelessly: I have wireless connect for my laptop. Running Windows 10 and 365. no problem seeing utube on tv from laptop. My desktop is connected to tv. How can I stream on laptop and be able to have it show on my Samsung tv....tried asking tech support for HP(my laptop) no help.......
  8. The desktop screen on laptop changes the desktop for...desktop.

The desktop screen on laptop changes the desktop for...desktop.: I'm not sure if this should go under the topic of General Help or Customization. Since it is about personalizing I opted to post it here. I've got a Lenovo Desktop that was upgraded from 8.1 to 10 just after the release. I have a Toshiba Laptop which I upgraded from 7 to...
  9. Drives show on desktop toolbar but not on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives show on desktop toolbar but not on screen: *sarc Hey all, Usually, I pretty much find all issues that I face and resolve them AFTER A LOT OF READING AND HEAD SCRATCHING *Wink. But this one has me stomped to the fullest. I updated a few machines from 10240 to 10586 (upgrade). I usually like to have my desktop...
  10. Desktop Screen on Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Screen on Laptop: I am trying to see a page from a tutorial that I am doing. The page in question is displayed correctly on the desktop screen at the school. However when I try to see it on my laptop at home, the page is incomplete. The bottom is cut off, and I cant see/press the buttons...