Windows 10: Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc

Discus and support Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10 when I hover my mouse over these files all I see is the size and length of my file. In windows 7 I could also see the details IE size of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kiwi44, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Kiwi44 Win User

Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc

In Windows 10 when I hover my mouse over these files all I see is the size and length of my file. In windows 7 I could also see the details IE size of the file 1280x540 etc is there a way to enable this in Windows 10
    Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

Kiwi44, Aug 8, 2015

2. N8 RMVB playback lag. Do you?

So far i tested .AVI, .MKV 1280x720p and .RMVB. But RMVB is lag. AVI & MKV very smooth. I will test MP4 tonight and let u know.

alex_chung---01, Aug 8, 2015
  3. video player

what formats are you specifcally looking to play mate? You know that MKV/RMVB/MP4/AVI etc are all playable under the default video player in Nokia Belle.

adrianhughesNSD, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Yes, this can be changed, but I do not know, how this can be done without manually modifying the registry. Here we go:

Start regedit and go to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations

There, find the file type you are interested in, for example .mp4
    and add or change the value for "InfoTip".

The data you can use is explained here:

Windows Properties (Windows)

Joergi, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Kiwi44 Win User
    Unfortunately the Windows 10 Registry does not contain this
    at all

Kiwi44, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    Well, it actually should do! Alphabetically it is located below all those "System.xxx" entries, directly below "System.Version" and above "SystemSettings".

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc - Similar Threads - Show Details Mp4

2. decrypt .mp4/avi files after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    decrypt .mp4/avi files after windows reinstall: Hello I've had my encrypted files on HDD, my win10 was installed on HDD as well. then I bought an SSD and I formatted the C:\ disc windows installed my windows 10 on the SSD https://ibb.co/ZXPYsGZ https://ibb.co/LN7KJ0SI tried ALL methods, I've searched for ALL the solutions,...
  3. decrypt .mp4/avi files after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    decrypt .mp4/avi files after windows reinstall: Hello I've had my encrypted files on HDD, my win10 was installed on HDD as well. then I bought an SSD and I formatted the C:\ disc windows installed my windows 10 on the SSD https://ibb.co/ZXPYsGZ https://ibb.co/LN7KJ0SI tried ALL methods, I've searched for ALL the solutions,...
  4. Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv): Greetings, Since the new update of this week I am experiencing some issues regarding thumbnails of mp4 and mkv files. When I download or create new files the thumbnail of the new file will not work and show as the default pictogram instead (even if the thumbnail is custom...
  5. mkv file details (frame rate height width etc)

in Windows 10 Support
    mkv file details (frame rate height width etc): they dont show in explorer... is there a way to make them appear?? 180300
  6. adding metadata to mp4 or avi file in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    adding metadata to mp4 or avi file in windows 10: are there any softwares or native way to add metadata (author,tags,description)to a MP4 or avi video file in windows 10?I'm trying to add metadata to the video file so the search engines can easily categorize my video.thanks a lot! submitted by /u/redjhn [link] [comments]...
  7. Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder)

Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder): Hi there anybody tried this for getting smaller mkv/mp4 files also with HEVC 265 VidCoder 4.31 / 5.3 Beta Free Download - VideoHelp Free and has the Handbrake engine but without the complexity of its GUI Anybody tried it yet. Cheers jimbo 126019
  8. Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality

Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality: Hi there Any Video experts out there I've some AVI and MP4 files with external .SRT subtitles that I'd like to convert to MKV with embedded subtitles (not forced). That way I can forget about the .srt files that don't always play properly on MEZZMO / SERVIIO or PLEX...
  9. How do I edit the metadata of mp4, avi and mkv files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I edit the metadata of mp4, avi and mkv files?: When viewing by details, you can choose to add various columns of metadata to the folder to sort files by, such as album or genre. How do you edit any of this data, for any file type? Right now my TV shows are sorted by season on my PC, but in different folders. What I...
  10. How to add details to mkv files for explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add details to mkv files for explorer?: Hi, is there any way to add details to mkv files and with details I mean for example year? So I can sort my mkv files in folder by year? [img] 86947