Windows 10: Show diagnostic info while shutting down.. wish

Discus and support Show diagnostic info while shutting down.. wish in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Sometimes Windows can take forever to shutdown. Its not just with one installation but with many I have noticed this fault that Windows will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by davidm71, Feb 6, 2016.

1. davidm71 Win User

Show diagnostic info while shutting down.. wish

Hi,

Sometimes Windows can take forever to shutdown. Its not just with one installation but with many I have noticed this fault that Windows will leave you in the dark as far as what its doing when shutting down. I wish there was an add-on or some registry setting that would enable diagnostic details to be displayed on the screen as far as what its doing instead of a spinning circle! Sometimes you just want to know if you should just hit the reset or wait..

Wish.

:)

davidm71, Feb 6, 2016
  2. LoneRaven Win User

F2 should bring up HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) at startup, but it only changes my brightness

Hi there! My HP shuts down at random times when I'm multitasking (watching a movie while playing a game). It just stops. So I went to my HP troubleshooter and it says to shut down, start up while pressing the F2 key every second
    until the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) shows up.
    Instead, it just changes my brightness on my screen. Is there another way to bring up the system test?

LoneRaven, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Windows Insider Update Failure

It didn't work, while updating (since the updates takes hours) the system shuts down and by the time it comes on, it starts the update again only to shut down again. I wish i could just download a file and run it to solve this problem.

Da'vidKing, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

Show diagnostic info while shutting down.. wish

1. Show diagnostic info while shutting down.. wish - Similar Threads - Show diagnostic info

2. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  3. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while shutting down: Hello, I have been getting BSOD for the last couple of days while shutting down, but not on restarts. I used bluescreen view and it shows it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I have also tried updating drivers such as graphic card, RST but that didn't help either. I have attached the...
  4. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while shutting down: Hello, I have been getting BSOD for the last couple of days while shutting down, but not on restarts. I used bluescreen view and it shows it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I have also tried updating drivers such as graphic card, RST but that didn't help either. I have attached the...
  5. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  7. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  8. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Shut down while in standby?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down while in standby?: Sorry if this is obvious...How do I shut down my laptop while it’s in standby? I’ve created a feedback loop and whenever I turn it on again it’s really loud!!! I know how to sort it but need to restart or turn it off......
  10. BSOD while shutting down...?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while shutting down...?: hey..I was shutting down my pc, when suddenly a Blue Screen Of Death appears after the "Shutting Down" screen...resource_not_owned please help 40742