Windows 10: Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10

Discus and support Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10 [img] Information When you cut, copy, or delete a file/folder in Windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10

How to: Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10

Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information When you cut, copy, or delete a file/folder in Windows, you will see a file transfer dialog box showing the progress until finished. You have a choice to show "More details" or "Less details" in the file transfer dialog box.

The file transfer dialog box will always open to show the same "Fewer details" or "More details" by default as it was using when last closed.

This tutorial will show you how to show fewer or more details by default in a file transfer (Cut, Copy, Delete) dialog box for your account in Windows 10.

Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\OperationStatusManager

EnthusiastMode DWORD

0 = Less details
    1 = More details

EXAMPLE: File transfer dialog showing "Fewer details" and "More details"

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (fewer details) or step 3 (More details) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show Fewer Details in File Transfer Dialog
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Fewer_details_in_file_transfer_dialogs.reg

Download

3. To Show More Details in File Transfer Dialog
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_More_details_in_file_transfer_dialogs.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 5, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Steevo Win User
    Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Oct 26, 2019
  4. LonGun Win User

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Oct 26, 2019
  5. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10 windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Show Fewer More

2. Windows 10 file transfer dialog box shows hung items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file transfer dialog box shows hung items: hey all,the other day my external hd had issues transferring to it/within it. i ran a chkdsk all good and replugged without further issues.today however, i keep getting all the old 'hung' items from previously failed transfer attempts in my transfer dialog pop up box.any...
  3. Windows 10 file transfer dialog box shows hung items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 file transfer dialog box shows hung items: hey all,the other day my external hd had issues transferring to it/within it. i ran a chkdsk all good and replugged without further issues.today however, i keep getting all the old 'hung' items from previously failed transfer attempts in my transfer dialog pop up box.any...
  4. Windows 10 file transfer dialog box shows hung items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to enforce "Details" view in Windows File Select Dialog?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enforce "Details" view in Windows File Select Dialog?: I have customized my views in Windows Explorer as amply described in many places on the web (including here). However, the Windows file selection dialog (used e.g. for opening and saving files) merrily ignores these settings. I would like these dialogs to *always* show the...
  6. How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, when you initiate a file operation, which is basically Copy/Cut/Move/Paste or Delete, […] This article How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10: [ATTACH]While deleting a file, Windows 10 shows various details such as file name, file type, file location, etc., when it asks you Are you sure […] This article How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  8. Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?: When you select files in windows explorer, there is a pane on the right hand side that will show details about the selected files. If you select more than 15 files, the details section automatically disappears and is replaced with a "show more details" link that must be...
  9. Separate file transfer dialog windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate file transfer dialog windows: Hi One thing that I found to be very annoying in Win 10 is that they have merged all file transfer windows into one. Is there anyway to get the separate windows back? Thanks for any help *Smile 41894
  10. "More details" on replacing files doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    "More details" on replacing files doesn't work: Replacing files works fine, but clicking "More details" doesn't work. Did I miss a file setting? 12955

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer transfer more details reg

2. File transfer dialog showing More details