Windows 10: Show Folder Size in Explorer: Which third-party tool?

Discus and support Show Folder Size in Explorer: Which third-party tool? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In searching for a solution to making Windows Explorer show folder sizes, I've come across many threads here and elsewhere. What I cannot find is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ixodid, Dec 30, 2017.

1. ixodid Win User

Show Folder Size in Explorer: Which third-party tool?

In searching for a solution to making Windows Explorer show folder sizes, I've come across many threads here and elsewhere.

What I cannot find is which free third-party tools are most suitable for one who is somewhat technically challenged and gets confused with too many options.

I'm looking for a lightweight tool with relatively few bells and whistles that will display folder size in Windows Explorer.

I appreciate any suggestions- thank you.

:)

ixodid, Dec 30, 2017
  2. Zeljko_05 Win User

How to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file explorer

Is it possible to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file Explorer, such as Windows shows the size of files?

If it is not, please recommend a free third-party utilty software.

Zeljko_05, Dec 30, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How to display file sizes in MB/GB/TB etc instead of only KB in Windows Explorer?

No you cannot view file size in KB, MB, GB and TB in Windows File Explorer, you never could . . .

There is third party software that will do that for you, such as the free Folder Size Explorer!

DaveM121, Dec 30, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Dec 30, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 30, 2017
  6. davehc Win User
    I may be misunderstanding your request? You want to have the folders permanently showing siz, or only for an immediate glance+

I just right click a folder and then properties - shows all.

davehc, Dec 30, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Consider using e.g. XYplorer - some 3rd party file managers achieve this quite successfully.
    Years ago there was an add-on for explorer that did this, but not now as far as I know.

Show Folder Size in Explorer: Which third-party tool? [​IMG]

dalchina, Dec 30, 2017
  8. ixodid Win User

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post. I want to have the folders permanently showing size.

Using Properties from the context menu is kind of a pain when I want to see the sizes of multiple folders. And waiting for the tooltip to appear is also inconvenient.

I want to be able to see the folder size displayed in the Size column just as it is for files - like in the screen shot dalchina included in post #5 above.

ixodid, Dec 30, 2017
  9. titetanium, Dec 30, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    Old... see the description:
    Folder Size 2.6

shows sizes of folders seen in Explorer windows! In Windows 2000 and XP, shell extensions can augment Explorer's columns to show you Folder Sizes right where they should be, as shown in the screenshot. In Windows Vista and higher (7 and 8), Explorer is not as customizable. Try the new beta client for Vista and higher that opens pop-up Folder Size windows that track open Explorer windows! They kind of get in the way, so there's also a tray icon to toggle them off. I'm trying to keep it light and elegant, not too complicated...

-doesn't seem updated for '10. But try it if you like.. not a column as in older Windows.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Show Folder Size in Explorer: Which third-party tool? - Similar Threads - Show Folder Size

2. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  3. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  4. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Exploring Microsoft's Paraphrasing Tools: Built-In Features and Third-Party Solutions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Exploring Microsoft's Paraphrasing Tools: Built-In Features and Third-Party Solutions: Is there a Microsoft-endorsed or recommended paraphrasing tool or feature available within Microsoft Office applications or other Microsoft products? I'm interested in finding a reliable solution for content creation and would like to know if Microsoft offers any built-in...
  6. Exploring Microsoft's Paraphrasing Tools: Built-In Features and Third-Party Solutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exploring Microsoft's Paraphrasing Tools: Built-In Features and Third-Party Solutions: Is there a Microsoft-endorsed or recommended paraphrasing tool or feature available within Microsoft Office applications or other Microsoft products? I'm interested in finding a reliable solution for content creation and would like to know if Microsoft offers any built-in...
  7. Exploring Microsoft's Paraphrasing Tools: Built-In Features and Third-Party Solutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  9. best third party update tools for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    best third party update tools for windows 10?: the built update feature fails in win 10 144505
  10. best third party update tools for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    best third party update tools for windows 10?: the built update feature fails in win 10 144505