Windows 10: Show Icons for Chrome Apps when Pinned to Start

Discus and support Show Icons for Chrome Apps when Pinned to Start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, is there a reason it no longer shows the app icon you pin, but instead shows just the Chrome icon? Makes it annoying when you want to pin multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Trisha CM, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Trisha CM Win User

Show Icons for Chrome Apps when Pinned to Start

So, is there a reason it no longer shows the app icon you pin, but instead shows just the Chrome icon? Makes it annoying when you want to pin multiple apps.

:)

Trisha CM, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

How to customize pinned Start Menu icon?

OK, I have a comparable shortcut I added to Windows Accessories to start IE with no add-ons. It is in:
    C:\Users\<my name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
    and is an ordinary shortcut to iexplore.exe with some parameters:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

It originally showed the default IE icon on the list of All apps on the left Start menu. I pinned it to Start and it showed the same IE icon. I then did 'More > Open file location' and gave it a different icon. As you can see, both the All apps menu and the Tile show the custom icon now.

Show Icons for Chrome Apps when Pinned to Start [​IMG]

This was done with version 1607, what version does Winver say you have? It may be that this doesn't work on earlier versions, the Start menu had a lot of changes from that of 1511.

I suggest you try changing the icon to something else, then back to your preferred icon after you have pinned it to Start. This may kick Windows into showing the correct icon on the Tile.

Bree, Aug 5, 2018
  3. gasolin Win User
    No outlook.com app shortcut icon in chrome

Uninstalling chrome make's the chrome Outlook.com app https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/hotmail checker i use, disappear from chrome as a shortcut next to the star button for bookmarks and the settings button where i have adblock and google chromecast icon

How do i get it back, i use windows 8.1 64 bit, extremly annoying that i can't get this icon,button back in chrome, please help me *Smile Show Icons for Chrome Apps when Pinned to Start :)

gasolin, Aug 5, 2018
  4. smerling Win User

Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned to the last open Chrome tab. Now when I click on the pinned Chrome icon a second Chrome icon opens at the end of the taskbar; and if I click on the original pinned Chrome icon an entirely new Chrome window opens. I have posted this issue previously, and the only solution I have received is to move the new Chrome icon into one of the first 10 spots on the Taskbar so it then responds to a Win-Key + number keyboard shortcut. However, not all my pinned programs in the taskbar react like Chrome does. Some do not open a second icon on the taskbar and continue to connect to the instance of the program I have already opened. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

smerling, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Show Icons for Chrome Apps when Pinned to Start - Similar Threads - Show Icons Chrome

2. Is it possible to pin apps to Start that don't show "Pin to Start" in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to pin apps to Start that don't show "Pin to Start" in Windows 11?: For apps like Disk Management, Control Panel applets e.g., Sound, and others that don't show a "Pin to Start" option, is there a way to pin them to Start anyway? For example, note that Disk Management has only an Open option, missing the typical Pin to Start and Pin to...
  3. Is it possible to pin apps to Start that don't show "Pin to Start" in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to pin apps to Start that don't show "Pin to Start" in Windows 11?: For apps like Disk Management, Control Panel applets e.g., Sound, and others that don't show a "Pin to Start" option, is there a way to pin them to Start anyway? For example, note that Disk Management has only an Open option, missing the typical Pin to Start and Pin to...
  4. Pinned app showing different icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned app showing different icon: I need help with a problem with my computer.I am using Windows 11, and one of the apps I have pinned to my taskbar is showing the wrong icon - it looks like a page instead of the app's usual icon. This problem is only happening for one app, and I have tried some basic...
  5. Pinned app showing different icon

Pinned app showing different icon: I need help with a problem with my computer.I am using Windows 11, and one of the apps I have pinned to my taskbar is showing the wrong icon - it looks like a page instead of the app's usual icon. This problem is only happening for one app, and I have tried some basic...
  6. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icons not showing on taskbar and Start: When I opened my computer and then BOOM! All my windows store app icons were gone from the taskbar and start even settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-not-showing-on-taskbar-and-start/55cc2077-6b89-4e1c-8e9f-fd08fc6ed1cd
  7. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons not showing on taskbar and Start: When I opened my computer and then BOOM! All my windows store app icons were gone from the taskbar and start even settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-not-showing-on-taskbar-and-start/55cc2077-6b89-4e1c-8e9f-fd08fc6ed1cd
  8. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

9. Start menu pinned apps icons broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu pinned apps icons broken: Hey guys. I have an issue that came up a couple of days ago out of nowhere. I have game launchers installed on another ssd (games ssd) and got them pinned to start menu. as of couple of days ago they appear to have broken icons, shortcuts work tho and I can still launch my...
  10. Icon not working when pin to start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon not working when pin to start menu: If I change a icon to small that is pinned to start I loose the icon.It comes back if I change to medium, just started with new build 10586 31333