Windows 10: show length of .flv files in explorer

Discus and support show length of .flv files in explorer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It only shows the length of mp4, mpg, and wmv files. 50899 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wilceee, May 19, 2016.

1. wilceee Win User

show length of .flv files in explorer

It only shows the length of mp4, mpg, and wmv files.

:)

wilceee, May 19, 2016
  2. Denver303 Win User

No video length data in File Explorer

Recently, File Explorer doesn't show the "Length" data in folders optimized for Video files. This appears to only happen in folders with MKV files, and not MP4 files, but it's not all MKV files. Some folders show the length data for all the MKV files,
    some show data for some or just a few files, and some folders don't show any length data for any MKV files. I've viewed the folders from multiple PCs and have copied the folders to multiple PCs, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Stranger yet, when
    initially converted some of the files showed length data in File Explorer, but now do not. Any ideas as to what's going on with File Explorer in these cases?

Denver303, May 19, 2016
  3. file preview

the video's are on local drive

the controls show up for .MP4 but not .flv

and the MP4's don't change from file to file but they do change for .flv ?

donaldeakins, May 19, 2016
  4. spapakons Win User

To see the properties of all media files, there is a utility that is usually installed alongside K-Lite codec pack. If you haven't any other codec pack installed, it is a good idea to install K-Lite codec so you can play almost any audio and video format available and also have this utility. Then you can right-click on the file, select Media Properties (or similar) and see all the data you want, like resolution, frames per second, duration, video codec, audio codec etc.

spapakons, May 19, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    Right click in the white space of any folder where the audio files are kept. View --> Details; then right-click on the field bar, click Length. This applies to Windows 7 which I use on three computers, Windows 10 may very well be different!

RolandJS, May 19, 2016
  6. wilceee Win User
    I have the current codec pack, and I can play all videos, but the length of flv files still doesn't show up in window's explorer. It does on other versions of windows.

wilceee, May 19, 2016
  7. spapakons Win User
    Maybe the flv files are associated with another application. Change them to open with Media Player Classic and the could report their length.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. show length of .flv files in explorer - Similar Threads - show length flv

2. downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?: I downloaded mp3s to my desktop so I could put them on my usb drive to listen to in my car. Some of the songs are missing file length so I deleted them and downloaded them again and checked the down load length was there. but when i opened them on my pc the length was missing...
  3. downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?: I downloaded mp3s to my desktop so I could put them on my usb drive to listen to in my car. Some of the songs are missing file length so I deleted them and downloaded them again and checked the down load length was there. but when i opened them on my pc the length was missing...
  4. Search Windows Explorer for Videos by length

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Windows Explorer for Videos by length: I want to search a given location for all videos less than 20 minutes long. I dont see how I can put that variable in. Just short medium long.......
  5. Win10 file explorer search filename length problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 file explorer search filename length problem: I think i found a bug in the file explorer search function of Windows 10 64 bit up to date but dont know the build.When I browse to a file on my usb harddrive NTFS which is 2 directories deep with a driveletter and filepath length of 12 characters i can rename the file to a...
  6. Win10 file explorer search filename length problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 file explorer search filename length problem: I think i found a bug in the file explorer search function of Windows 10 64 bit up to date but dont know the build.When I browse to a file on my usb harddrive NTFS which is 2 directories deep with a driveletter and filepath length of 12 characters i can rename the file to a...
  7. Length Disappears in File Explorer Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Length Disappears in File Explorer Search: Hi there... a problem just developed a couple of days ago with only one of my external drives where the length time of the file no longer shows when I run a Search by name, although I can still see the length of the same file once I get out of the Search and return the normal...
  8. File Explorer Icons Spacing Length

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Icons Spacing Length: Good morning everyone.. i need help to reset my file explorer's look back like before, please.. The space between files and folders is not auto tight anymore.. it's too long / big, omg, it's so do annoy me.. Does any know how to fix it, any assistance would be greatly...
  9. support in windows 10 for .flv files?

in Windows 10 Support
    support in windows 10 for .flv files?: Windows 7 and 8 I don't believe had native support for .flv video files, does windows 10 and if not what is the best way to achieve this? TC 20585
  10. The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer: Sorry for my English. If you can, please tell me the solution. In Windows Explorer, the selection line (list view) depends on the length of the file or folder. In Windows 10, the selection line does not depend on the length of the file or folder, it is always the same. Can I...