Windows 10: Show lock screen information on home screen

Discus and support Show lock screen information on home screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use two computers running Windows 10, a desktop computer and a laptop. On my desktop, the lock screen information also appears on the home screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NemoUI, Aug 23, 2018.

1. NemoUI Win User

Show lock screen information on home screen

I use two computers running Windows 10, a desktop computer and a laptop. On my desktop, the lock screen information also appears on the home screen, e.g., the "Like what you see?" question for the Spotlight picture and my calendar app entries. On my laptop, though, the home screen shows only the date and time. I would like all the lock screen information to appear on my home screen. Is there a way to do this?

:)

NemoUI, Aug 23, 2018
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Show lock screen information on home screen

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Show lock screen information on home screen

1. Show lock screen information on home screen - Similar Threads - Show lock screen

2. Locked out of home screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of home screen: I use a four digit PIN number to sign in on my desktop computer with Windows 10. I rebooted it and now at the lock screen when it asks for my PIN number it now comes up with a message. Something's Happened and your PIN isn't available click to set up your PIN again. If I...
  3. Lock screen not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not showing: Hi , Since the last few days i have been trying to get the lock screen as it wouldn't appear when i open my laptop I tried many ways but none of them worked so i came here to ask ....
  4. Lock screen not showing

Lock screen not showing: Hi , Since the last few days i have been trying to get the lock screen as it wouldn't appear when i open my laptop I tried many ways but none of them worked so i came here to ask ....
  5. Lock screen not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Lock Screen ads and information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen ads and information: Hey, On my lock screen, set on Spotlight, I am able to see some ads and information about the picture. I would like to remove the ads and keep seeing information on the picture as well as the Spotlight images.Is there a way to remove just the ads and keep the rest of these...
  7. Lock Screen ads and information

Lock Screen ads and information: Hey, On my lock screen, set on Spotlight, I am able to see some ads and information about the picture. I would like to remove the ads and keep seeing information on the picture as well as the Spotlight images.Is there a way to remove just the ads and keep the rest of these...
  8. Windows Spotlight on the locked screen doesn’t show the information about the photo and the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight on the locked screen doesn’t show the information about the photo and the...: I’ve made this question on several occasions now, I’ve collaborated in other forums and even got technical support, but with no success yet. My question is: when I first got my laptop with Windows 10, I could see on the lock screen photos from Windows Spotlight with...
  9. Photos with information in lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos with information in lock screen: I used to have in my lock screen a new photo every day with bunch of information on it like where is the photo from who took it and stuff like that. I don't have the information anymore for some reason. Any1 know how i can get it back? submitted by /u/eallnickname [link]...
  10. Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Lock Screen on Login Screen: When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen? WIN 10 Pro 64Bit Thank you,...