Windows 10: 'Show most used apps' toggle in Settings is greyed out

Discus and support 'Show most used apps' toggle in Settings is greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure what happened. I've always left this setting on. Just recently I noticed my 'most used' programs in the Start Menu was no longer showing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blsez, Apr 11, 2017.

1. blsez Win User

'Show most used apps' toggle in Settings is greyed out

I'm not sure what happened. I've always left this setting on. Just recently I noticed my 'most used' programs in the Start Menu was no longer showing. I went into the settings and saw that the toggle was greyed out.

'Show most used apps' toggle in Settings is greyed out [​IMG]

Any idea how to get the toggle back? Beforehand, I think I was going through the settings in Cortana trying to turn everything off.

:)

blsez, Apr 11, 2017

2. 'Show app list in Start menu' is disabled (greyed out)

I tried to switch on 'Show all apps in Start menu' but the option in Settings > Personalisation > Start is disabled (the toggle and associated text is greyed out). 'Show most used apps' is also greyed out (not that I want this one...).

I can't see a way of getting this list back - what do I have to do to get it enabled?

Brian Westhead, Apr 11, 2017
  3. 12-22-2017 Mail and Calendar notifications still broken!

All settings in mail are turned on for notifications. In Settings, Apps, Notifications the toggles for mail and calendar are grayed out. They were initially turned off by the creator update (and not greyed out). When I attempted to turn the mail notification
    on the toggle turned on and then immediately turned off and greyed out.

LeeryDoubloon22, Apr 11, 2017
  4. garyb0125 Win User

garyb0125, Apr 11, 2017
  5. blsez Win User
    blsez, Apr 11, 2017
  6. barq Win User
    barq, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 'Show most used apps' toggle in Settings is greyed out - Similar Threads - 'Show used apps'

2. Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out .: Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out when turned off then on while the Bluetooth headset is always on and shows being connected but no audio output.I've already tried troubleshooting, reinstalling the driver , updating everything, reinstalling the software and running DISM...
  3. Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out .: Bluetooth toggle in taskbar greys out when turned off then on while the Bluetooth headset is always on and shows being connected but no audio output.I've already tried troubleshooting, reinstalling the driver , updating everything, reinstalling the software and running DISM...
  4. "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

"Show most used apps" setting is greyed out: It has been my practice to have the setting "Show most used apps" always turned on. Today my most used apps disappeared from my start menu, so I checked the setting at Settings>Personalization> Start and found that "Show most used apps" was both turned off, and also greyed...
  5. "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out: It has been my practice to have the setting "Show most used apps" always turned on. Today my most used apps disappeared from my start menu, so I checked the setting at Settings>Personalization> Start and found that "Show most used apps" was both turned off, and also greyed...
  6. "Show most used apps" setting is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. power icon toggle is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power icon toggle is greyed out: I checked my battery icon and it's showing off. When I check on the settings to turn it on, the toggle is greyed out and cannot turn it back on. Restarting will fix it, but will happen again eventually. I need permanent fix. Thankyou....
  8. power icon toggle is greyed out

power icon toggle is greyed out: I checked my battery icon and it's showing off. When I check on the settings to turn it on, the toggle is greyed out and cannot turn it back on. Restarting will fix it, but will happen again eventually. I need permanent fix. Thankyou....
  9. power icon toggle is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Background apps toggle is greyed out - Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background apps toggle is greyed out - Please help: [ATTACH] Does anybody know why this is? I am logged in as a administrator https://preview.redd.it/cjyn299p8du81.jpg?width=953&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=bce80e526efa83d4b5c61faae454fb8763abe2fa submitted by /u/mymanbossman69 [link] [comments]...