Windows 10: Toggle Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager

Discus and support Toggle Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Toggle Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager How to Toggle Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager Task Manager can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Toggle Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager

How to: Toggle Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager

How to Toggle Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.

When you have the Performance tab open in Task Manager, you can toggle on summary view to make Task Manager show CPU, Memory, Disk, Ethernet, and GPU meters in one compact window (collapsed state) like a widget (desktop gadget). You can drag the borders of this summary view window to any size you want.

This tutorial will show you how to toggle between normal view and summary view in Task Manager for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Toggle Summary View On or Off in Task Manager by Double Click
    • Option Two: Toggle Summary View On or Off in Task Manager by Right Click

EXAMPLE: Task Manager Summary View On and Off

Toggle Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Toggle Summary View On or Off in Task Manager by Double Click
    1. Open Task Manager.

2. Click/tap on the Performance tab, and double click anywhere on the left pane or anywhere in summary view to toggle on or off. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Toggle Summary View On or Off in Task Manager by Right Click
    1. Open Task Manager.

2. Click/tap on the Performance tab, press and hold or right click on the left pane or anywhere in summary view, and click/tap Summary view to toggle it on (checked) or off (unchecked). (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Humza N. Win User

Windows 10 Task Manager Summary View Bug

Hi there,

I am running Windows 10 Pro version
    . and my task manager is acting weird. Now I don't know if it's a bug or simply a flaw but if I go into the
    performance tab in task manager, choose the "hide graphs" function, and then go into summary view, I can't escape the summary view without exiting task manager and re-opening. However, when the "show
    graphs"
    option is selected and I go into summary view, double clicking on the graphs will return to the normal view. However, there appears to be no way to double click out of
    summary view when "hide graphs" is enabled, and I am forced to go to the taskbar and exit task manager. Any help would be appreciated as this is extremely annoying. Thanks!

Humza N., Oct 27, 2019
  3. Task Manager: Since 1903 I can't switch back from "Summary view" (Widget) and I can't right click in "Summary view"

Hello,

I use Windows 10 Task Manager, Performance Tab, double-click or right-click → "Summary view" to display it as "Widget".

Further I enable "Show graphs" to display history.

Since 1903 / May Update I'm no longer able to ...

1. Switch back from "Summary view" to "Normal view"
    2. Execute right click (to uncheck "Summary view"

I need to hit [Alt] + [F4] to close Task Manager in "Summary view" and when starting it again it shows in "Normal view".

The problem occurs on all 3 PCs I tested.

Thank you and best regards

blueice_haller, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Toggle Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager

Task view in windows 10

Hello ReinaldoEspinosa

i suggest to Follow the below steps:

To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

Select Troubleshoot.

Select Advance Option.

Select Startup Settings.

Follow the on Screen instruction.

Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Also you can to restart Windows Explorer

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from you Keyboard.

Then click on Task Manager.

Now find Windows Explorer from process list of windows task manager.

Right click on Windows Explorer & select restart.

Let me know if it works or you need further assistance.

Regards

MarcosAraujo2, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Humza N. Win User
    Windows 10 Task Manager Summary View Bug

Thanks Rob, I will do exactly that. As for when in summary view with graphs enabled, the only way to escape that is to double click on the little graphs themselves, which is strange compared to simply double clicking anywhere on the summary view. I think
    they need to fix this as well.

Humza N., Oct 27, 2019
  6. Task Manager

Hi Marjorie,

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.
    To access the Task Manager directly in Windows 10, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. This is the Task Manager shortcut in Windows 10.

Furthermore, to change your default browser, we suggest that you follow the steps from this article:

Change your default browser in Windows 10

Feel free to post back should you have further concerns.

Melowin Mar, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Toggle Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager

1. Toggle Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager - Similar Threads - Toggle Summary View

2. How to remove extra blank width of summary view of task manager resize up to show only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove extra blank width of summary view of task manager resize up to show only...: Summary view of task manager in Windows 11 should show only the Graphs or Graphs + Details. The extra space or blank width in summary view is unnecessary. Windows Specifications:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎8/‎2022 OS build 22621.1105 Experience...
  3. How to remove extra blank width of summary view of task manager resize up to show only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove extra blank width of summary view of task manager resize up to show only...: Summary view of task manager in Windows 11 should show only the Graphs or Graphs + Details. The extra space or blank width in summary view is unnecessary. Windows Specifications:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎8/‎2022 OS build 22621.1105 Experience...
  4. Windows 10 task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 task view: Whenever use task view on windows 10, I usually have at most three tasks and switch between them with CTRL+WIN and arrow keys. But yesterday I was really tired and opened like 53 tasks because I was bored, and now every time I close one it does a mini screen refresh which...
  5. program in windows startup task manager view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program in windows startup task manager view: i have this program called "program" in task manager startup tabs is it safe to disable this program 176942
  6. program in windows startup task manager view

in Windows 10 Support
    program in windows startup task manager view: i have this program called "program" in task manager startup tabs is it safe to disable this program 176942
  7. Windows 10 Task view

Windows 10 Task view: Labels are missing from all open windows in Task View. They have always displayed until today - now I do not know what each window is. Just happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-view/9d5ed804-d7ed-4aee-820e-3b1d619838a5
  8. Windows 10 Task Manager Summary View Bug

Windows 10 Task Manager Summary View Bug: Hi there, I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1903. and my task manager is acting weird. Now I don't know if it's a bug or simply a flaw but if I go into the performance tab in task manager, choose the "hide graphs" function, and then go into summary view, I can't escape...
  9. Toggle Graph Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Toggle Graph Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager: How to: Toggle Graph Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager How to Toggle Graph Summary View On or Off in Windows 10 Task Manager Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and...
  10. View Power Usage of Processes in Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Power Usage of Processes in Task Manager in Windows 10: How to: View Power Usage of Processes in Task Manager in Windows 10 How to View Power Usage of Processes in Task Manager in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows task manager summary view exit