Windows 10: Show windows side by side from taskbar

Discus and support Show windows side by side from taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 show windows side by side shows them stacked instead of side by side Any suggestions to fix this 22575 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by disherabcd, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Show windows side by side from taskbar

Win 10 show windows side by side shows them stacked instead of side by side

Any suggestions to fix this

:)

disherabcd, Sep 13, 2015

2. selecting "side-by-side" from taskbar is not working properly

Why won't someone from Microsoft acknowledge this thread? Obviously many people are having this problem. It's not some idiosyncratic issue I alone am having do to a uniquely corrupted version of Windows.

AdamPallotto, Sep 13, 2015
  3. selecting "side-by-side" from taskbar is not working properly

I was hopeful that the recent Windows update would finally fix this bug. It didn't. After installing the update the feature worked the first time I tried it, but subsequently it's stopped.

If this featured worked perfectly in Windows 8.1 and works perfectly in Windows Insiders Build, why can't MS get it to work in Windows 10?

Also, I want to reiterate that you cannot avail yourself of this feature by dragging the Window by it's title bar to sides or middle of the screen. That method has similar results, but they are not the same (not to mention more work).

AdamPallotto, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Show windows side by side from taskbar

Use Windows Key + right arrow key and Windows Key + left arrow key for side by side viewing.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 13, 2015
  5. Didn't work either but thanks

disherabcd, Sep 13, 2015
  6. akshat Win User
    In the Task Bar, in an empty space, right click and select 'show windows side by side'

akshat, Sep 13, 2015
  7. Ha-ha that is what doesn't work...opens them stacked

disherabcd, Sep 13, 2015
  8. Show windows side by side from taskbar

It does that on mine too. It is already reported as a bug in the Windows Feedback app, so open the app, enter "Windows side-by-side" to bring up the feedback and upvote the feedback already there. However, using Windows Key+-> and <- does work for me.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 13, 2015
  9. mwidunn Win User
    I'm having the exact same problem: RIGHT CLICK in the TASKBASK BAR > SELECT "SHOW WINDOWS SIDE BY SIDE > . . . and, voila, Win 10 stacks the windows, rather than placing them side-by-side.

I tried: WINDOWS KEY > R / L KEY . . . but, that does nothing. Now, the DOWN arrow will make the top stacked window disappear, while the UP arrow will make it re-appear.

So, I came here looking for a solution. And, what do I find: A Windows 10 expert resorting to the shop-worn "Well, it's a glitch, I guess" reply. Except, that . . . it's NOT a glitch. It's something that has worked before in: XP, Vista, Win7, and Win8. Now, we have Win 10 and what's worked before in previous OS's has now been "glitched."

mwidunn, Sep 21, 2015
  10. It is your computer, as it works here. run sfc /scannow from the command prompt and if file integrity is corrupt/compromised run the dism commands.

lopedoggie, Sep 21, 2015
  11. I don't feel it is his computer.... I have a partial solution...I had to turn on the action of moving a window right or left to open it in that location...once turned on ( forget where) the show windows side by side and the win key plus arrow partially worked...they now open the windows side by side but overlapping unlike in win 7

disherabcd, Sep 21, 2015
  12. wilceee Win User
    I have two windows 10 computers, same version, same build. It works correctly on one and not the other. I still haven't found out why. Ironically, it doesn't work on the machine where I need it the most. I'm posting this because some people think this feature has been disabled by MS. Not so.

wilceee, May 22, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Show windows side by side from taskbar

I just tested on my 10586.318.
    If you have 2 windows opened, make sure they are opened by their own windows.
    Then Show windows side by side will work.

Otherwise they will be stacked, as mentioned by others.

Show windows side by side from taskbar [​IMG]

davidhk, May 22, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    By " open by their own windows", I mean this......................

Show windows side by side from taskbar [​IMG]

davidhk, May 22, 2016
  15. wilceee Win User
    I wouldn't be here if it worked. I've used windows for 20 years. This thing has bugs. I know what two windows on a desktop looks like.

wilceee, May 22, 2016
Thema:

Show windows side by side from taskbar

1. Show windows side by side from taskbar - Similar Threads - Show side side

2. Right side of taskbar is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right side of taskbar is not showing: Hey Right side of my taskbar Which have date time , notification, Internet connection sign is not showing . Anyone know how to fix it . Adding a picture for more help . Look at right bottom corner.its blank.elp....
  3. Right side of taskbar is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right side of taskbar is not showing: Hey Right side of my taskbar Which have date time , notification, Internet connection sign is not showing . Anyone know how to fix it . Adding a picture for more help . Look at right bottom corner.its blank.elp....
  4. Show windows side by side in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show windows side by side in windows 11: I need your help to find this option "Show windows side by side". I'm not patient enough to split 10 or more console apps as current feature on windows 11....
  5. Show Windows Side by Side not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Show Windows Side by Side not working: Showing Windows side by side is very useful for online classes! Now when I choose the option it shrinks the windows to 1/4 size boxes as if I chose "show windows stacked". Last week when looking for a fix someone on another site suggested enabling Snap, unchecking the 3rd...
  6. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" is still not working !! I have check this forum for answers but what I see here is this issue coming up again and again without any solutions or REPAIR. It is now 2020, after hundreds of WINODWS 10 updates, fixes and repairs. Side by Side is...
  7. Side by side items in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side by side items in Taskbar: Hello, How can I side by side items in the taskbar? Now they are stacked. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-items-in-taskbar/5ce017f0-0198-4b45-a33d-521dd2241034
  8. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" putting two or more windows side-by-side on the screen, but stacking them. Obvious error. Is there a fix to this? If so,, how do I get access to this fix? If not, when could I expect a fix? I used "Show windows side by side" frequently in...
  9. show windows side-by-side

in Windows 10 Customization
    show windows side-by-side: When I right click on the taskbar and then click on "Show windows side by side" it only shows the windows vertically side by side and not horizontally. I can drag the window edges to get them side by side, but that is a pain in the neck. How do I get them side by side...
  10. Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10: How to: Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 How to Show All Open Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use the show windows side by side option to arrange all your open windows to be side by side with each other. If you have more than one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to show taskbar side by side in taskbar