Windows 10: ShowKeyPlus UWP images

Discus and support ShowKeyPlus UWP images in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey Theme Team, As you may know I'm busy creating a UWP version of ShowKeyPlus. For this I need images for display on the Start menu, Start screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Superfly, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Superfly Win User

ShowKeyPlus UWP images

Hey Theme Team,

As you may know I'm busy creating a UWP version of ShowKeyPlus. For this I need images for display on the Start menu, Start screen etc.
    I've included a zip file with templates and the current icon (dunno what happened to original png, unfortunately)

So, if I can get those templates converted to the icon image, I'll be super thrilled ( I know the wide one will be a tall order, so it does not have to be exactly conforming to the original but a close-as-can-be would be cool as well)

TIA *Biggrin

LogoStuff.zip

:)

Superfly, Nov 9, 2017
  2. kth7 Win User

Launch Path for UWPs

I have a MS wireless keyboard 3000 v2. With the MS mouse and keyboard centre, some of the shortcut keys can be used to trigger specific actions or launch specific apps.

I have not trouble setting shortcuts for win32 apps but not for UWP apps. If I create a shortcut for the UWPs on the desktop and reference to open the UWP via that shortcut I get an catastrophic error prompt.

ShowKeyPlus UWP images [​IMG]

any ides to launch a UWP?

kth7, Nov 9, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Re-Activation following a Win10 Update?

Unfortunately I don't see an image you posted, but I can imagine what it was.

In the past this means there is no embedded key in the bios. Did the Dell come with Windows 8 pre-installed by Dell. (just checking)

You can use a 3rd party program to find the key, for example ShowKeyPlus.
    https://github.com/Superfly-Inc/ShowKeyPlus/releases
    It should show the keys used by windows. If it shows a Windows 8 key then try using that.

neilpzz, Nov 9, 2017
  4. Hopachi Win User

ShowKeyPlus UWP images

This looks like a promising release. *Cool

If you'd have an icon of 256x256 or a png, this would be very easy to convert.

Well, the provided ico has 64x64 image as the biggest one.

I would't recommend stretching this one up but it might do just fine for some of the sizes.
    The only problem for now is with the ones of 150x150 and 310x150. I'm pretty sure the forum's Photoshop wizards will come to the rescue here. *Wink

I've attached the fast GIMP resize-drafts i got on top of the templates but it may need some extra fine-tuning.
    You'll need to pick a bg-color maybe? I've sticked with transparency for now.

Cheers!

Hopachi, Nov 9, 2017
  5. Superfly Win User
    Nice H! Thanx *Wink

Jus an after-thought.... may be the first of many lol... what about changing the dots to asterices?

And yup we can't stretch too much - the background is up to you guys...

Superfly, Nov 9, 2017
  6. Hopachi Win User
    That's a good idea.
    And that way we might do a full remastering using a bigger-size key, so all sizes up to 310px are well displayed.
    I'll try something tomorrow.

Hopachi, Nov 10, 2017
  7. Superfly Win User
    Lovely H ... BTW @CliffS is awfully quiet (but then so have I've been.. anyway hols drawing near so more time to spend on projects *Wink )

Superfly, Nov 10, 2017
  8. Cliff S New Member

ShowKeyPlus UWP images

Hi Craig, I just stumbled onto the thread. When you tagged me, you forgot the space and the tagged CliffS went to someone else*Wink

When it comes to UWP stuff that's definitely Horace's world. By the way Hi to you too, Horace*Smile

Here are some alternate looks:

Cliff S, Nov 10, 2017
  9. Superfly Win User
    @Cliff S .. note the space... lol

Aye. the last one looks good - definitely like the background - the asterices seems a bit clumped tho?

Superfly, Nov 10, 2017
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Couple more variations, I like the last two best:

Text Logo

Cliff S, Nov 10, 2017
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I applied it to your .exe as a custom tile.

Then made an ico for it too

And as a desktop icon

Cliff S, Nov 10, 2017
  12. Cliff S New Member
    What I find cool about that icon/png, the background color is the approximate color scheme as the shield for a program that needs elevated privileges.*Wink

Here is the complete kit if you wish to test it: ShowKeyPlus custom kit.zip

Cliff S, Nov 10, 2017
  13. Hopachi Win User

ShowKeyPlus UWP images

Hi Cliff,
    Nice work!

I'm unfortunately no UWP-dev, just some tester and most of all user. *Smile
    Icons on the other hand...

As I mentioned, the key is very low-quality if you resize it above 64x64. That's a no go.
    You may wanna check this one for use:

Hopachi, Nov 10, 2017
  14. Hopachi Win User
    OK Craig,

Here goes...
    The initial icon was using Win7 looks. I found that key from prev post in Win7 imageres.
    The good news is that Win10 has it's own revamped pack.

So I got the new key, you may like it or not + some asterisk and border enhancements:

You either wanna go with this
    or stick to this

Hopachi, Nov 10, 2017
  15. Cliff S New Member
    With your key Horace, I redid the sign from scratch too:

Cliff S, Nov 10, 2017
Thema:

ShowKeyPlus UWP images

1. ShowKeyPlus UWP images - Similar Threads - ShowKeyPlus UWP images

2. How to Render a SVG animated image in UWP Application ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Render a SVG animated image in UWP Application ?: I'm currently developing a Universal Windows Platform UWP app, and I'm looking to enhance the user interface by incorporating animated SVG images. Specifically, I'd like to display SVG images with animations within my UWP app. However, I'm facing challenges in achieving...
  3. How to Render a SVG animated image in UWP Application ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Render a SVG animated image in UWP Application ?: I'm currently developing a Universal Windows Platform UWP app, and I'm looking to enhance the user interface by incorporating animated SVG images. Specifically, I'd like to display SVG images with animations within my UWP app. However, I'm facing challenges in achieving...
  4. uwp

uwp: windowuwp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uwp%E7%A8%8B%E5%BA%8F%E5%9C%A8%E4%BC%91%E7%9C%A0/b3836417-744c-4cff-9089-2b1f59ebc06d
  5. UWP

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP: Install.wiminstall.wim3D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E7%9C%9F%E8%AE%A9%E4%BA%BA%E6%8A%93%E7%8B%82/bdc1a792-2abd-4f20-9102-0801f79b1fc2
  6. ShowKeyPlus

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ShowKeyPlus: I used a key when I "upgraded" from Windows 7 A proper OS to Windows 10 spyware and have the genuine MS sticker that the key is on taped to my computer. Out of curiosity, I installed the app ShowKeyPlus, and it reports a different key than what I entered, yet Windows is...
  7. ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?

ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?: I upgraded from win7 to win10. I now want to move my system/installation to a new SSD drive. However whilst I have created a Windows 10 media installation disk i have been advised that i still need a licence key once Win10 installed on the new SSD. They have suggested...
  8. Remove Original Key and Original Edition from ShowKeyPlus

Remove Original Key and Original Edition from ShowKeyPlus: I recently downgraded my system from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home Single Language. I used the default product key to upgrade from Home to Pro. How do I remove that from my system? 84413
  9. ShowKeyPlus

ShowKeyPlus: Find your Windows product key with ShowKeyPlus. Applies to Windows 7, 8 and 10 If you purchased Windows from an authorized retailer, the product key will only show as the Installed key. This applies to OEM System Builder keys as well. If you purchased a new PC...
  10. Lumia Imaging SDK 3.0 now available with UWP support

in Windows 10 News
    Lumia Imaging SDK 3.0 now available with UWP support: Lumia Imaging SDK, a popular toolset that Microsoft also internally uses to implement some of its imaging apps, has been updated to version 3.0. Previous versions of the SDK have already powered applications with a total of over 100 million downloads and now has support for...