Windows 10: shut down and start up background screen?

Discus and support shut down and start up background screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Well, i just upgraded to 10. I notice that the start up and shut screen is really dull. Where can i find the setting to adjust the screen for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gradeabra, Jul 2, 2016.

1. gradeabra Win User

shut down and start up background screen?

Well, i just upgraded to 10. I notice that the start up and shut screen is really dull. Where can i find the setting to adjust the screen for this part?

:)

gradeabra, Jul 2, 2016

2. start up and shut down slowed

Hi Simorize,

Sorry to hear that you are still facing the issue.

As you mentioned that the issue started after installing an update, I suggest you to uninstall the update and check if the issue persists. This will help us identify if the update is causing the issue.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type appwiz.cpl and press enter.

3. Click "view installed updates'.

4. Right click on the update and uninstall it.

If that resolves the issue, follow the steps given in the help article on
    How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Should you continue to face the issue, perform a system restore to return your system files and settings to an earlier point in time without affecting personal files of users.

Refer the link below to restore Windows back to an earlier point in time.

How to Perform System Restore?

Note: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed after the restore point has been created will be removed.

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 2, 2016
  3. Shut down and start up times

Thanks for the reply but its not a power button issue. The issue is when I go to the start menu and click restart or shut down.

MarvinPike, Jul 2, 2016
Thema:

shut down and start up background screen?

1. shut down and start up background screen? - Similar Threads - shut down start

2. Update and shut down. Nothing but background loads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and shut down. Nothing but background loads: I noticed I had a Windows update so I clicked update and shut down and left for work. I came home loaded up the computer everything loaded fine. I typed in my passcode and nothing loaded but the background picture. I tried the restart and hard shut down when the windows...
  3. Computer start and shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer start and shut down: I updated my laptop with the latest update from Microsoft but ever since then, my laptop takes way too long to start 3-4 minutes and even longer to shut down5-6 minutes i've tried to use the update again to see if there are any issues, but it says my computer is up to date....
  4. Labtop starting up then shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Labtop starting up then shutting down: Every time I try to turn on my computer it starts up but when I try to install Windows 10 on it it keeps its at 64% and then it shuts down and then it goes over the same process what should I do about this...
  5. Start Up Screen Background Now Plain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Up Screen Background Now Plain: For some reason, I have lost any image on my Start screen. It is solid black or white depending on settings in the Personalization > Color menu. It has happened across platforms. I am running windows 10 and just updated the operating system. Any ideas???[IMG]...
  6. shut down screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shut down screen: When my computer shuts down a screen sometimes appears either with some form of error message or that an app has not closed. The screen closes so fast I am not able to completely read the message. I tried, but I can't find a way to stop or pause the screen to be able to...
  7. Windows 10 freezes up on Start up and shut down

Windows 10 freezes up on Start up and shut down: Earlier it was just freezing during shutdown/restart so I ignored it as I could just forcefully shutdown the PC using the power button. But now I can't even login, the moment it shows mouse pointer on screen after boot screen, keyboard, mouse everything just freezes up. No...
  8. at start up 1 minute computer shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    at start up 1 minute computer shut down: I have all setting set in sleep mode as never one minute it shut down and I have re start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-start-up-1-minute-computer-shut-down/6eb521c6-73e2-43b8-b4bd-725995d6e1a8
  9. PC continues to shut down during start up.

PC continues to shut down during start up.: I have been having this trouble for quite some time now, and have done what was suggested. It still continues to shut down during the first start up I do after it has been off for an hour or so. I have posted viewer files like asked. I have changed quick start up to slow...
  10. Start up/shut down sounds missing. and login screen BG change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up/shut down sounds missing. and login screen BG change?: Since updating my Dell Optiplex 780 to Windows 10 via the free upgrade, my custom start Windows and exit Windows sounds no longer play, in fact, the option to get them back is completely gone! Is there any way I can recover this setting and have start and exit Windows sounds...