Windows 10: Shut down and update in win10

Discus and support Shut down and update in win10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed the last couple of days I had an update ready (KB3081424), it needed a restart to finalize this update. Both days I had to many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dumble, Aug 10, 2015.

1. dumble Win User

Shut down and update in win10

Hello,

I noticed the last couple of days I had an update ready (KB3081424), it needed a restart to finalize this update. Both days I had to many applications open and thought by myself it will update when I shut down the computer when I go the bed or am finished with the PC. But I noticed it did not do this, so today I finalized the update by actually clicking the restart button in the update panel. Is this a bug? Anyone else have this problem? Shouldent it be enough to just shut down your pc, and it will update the next time you turn it on. At least this was the case in win 7 & 8..

:)

dumble, Aug 10, 2015

2. Shut down And restart in win10

I have intel core2 duo processor, 2gb ram, g41 motherboard and navidia gt 610 pci card. I have recently installed win10 but it took too much time to shutdown, restart and also it stuck palying video online or offline what can I do?

AsharafulHossain, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Shut down And restart in win10

Hi Asharaful,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Run SFC scan.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption SFC /Scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged
    versions with the correct versions where possible.

To perform SFC scan, follow the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Method 2: Run Power troubleshooter and check if this helps.

a. Press Windows + W key on the keyboard.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search tab and press Enter.

c. Click View all on left panel.

d. Click Power, new window will popup.

e. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 3:

Step 1: Go to Search, search Power Options (Or right click your battery icon, and select Power Options).

Step 2: In Power Options, select Choose what the power button does.

Step 3: Select Change settings that are currently unavailable located under Define Power Buttons and turn on password protection.

Step 4: The Shut Down settings at the bottom become available.

Step 5: De-select Turn on fast start up

Method 4: You may create a new power plan.

Please refer to the link for FAQs on power plan.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/power-plans-faq

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Shut down and update in win10

1. Shut down and update in win10 - Similar Threads - Shut down update

2. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer: Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again, even after 1-2 minutes, it boots up again as if it had been shut down.I have a ASUS GL552VW, with Processor IntelR CoreTM...
  3. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer: Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again, even after 1-2 minutes, it boots up again as if it had been shut down.I have a ASUS GL552VW, with Processor IntelR CoreTM...
  4. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer wont shut down, Win10 Home.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer wont shut down, Win10 Home.: My computer wont shut down, It jest keep's spinning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-shut-down-win10-home/c9966f2d-15d6-48fc-bbc8-3cd3cea33e5c
  6. update service was shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update service was shutting down: err on getting update on pc how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-service-was-shutting-down/65894a17-8b9b-46d1-b572-c674fd1001bb
  7. Update and shut down...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shut down...: This has been bugging me for years. I don't even know if it's a bug or if this is on purpose. When i press "Update and shutdown" i want my computer to finish the update and then shut down. This has never happened for me it always without fail updates and then restarts the...
  8. Shut down and Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shut down and Update: Hi, my sister's computer she did an update and then shut down but the computer says shutdown with circle going aroungd for quite some time ? What does this means ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-and-update/c5aa5d9b-f71e-4714-a7a5-776f241233ed
  9. Win10 Pro random shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Pro random shut down: Just upgraded to Win10 Pro. Problems so I did a clean install unplugging all peripheral devices. Researched issues with random shut down and tried some. It has gotten better but still does it at least once per day and probably would do more since it seems to be use driven....
  10. Update and Shut down / Update and Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update and Shut down / Update and Restart: Sometimes after installing maintenance and performing a Restart, the Power options say (Update and Shut down" and "Update and Restart". Windows does not have another Restart scheduled at that point, but the few times I've seen that I decided I'd better do a restart just in...